How about them Canucks!

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
The Canuks are only averaging 2 goals per game? Ouch. Naslund is still performing I imagine, are the Sedin's not playing to potential?

The Canucks could always bring Pat Quin back...

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Yeah. Naslund is still performing. That is where a good part of our two goals are coming from.. Kesler scored his first the other night and Green got one of the two against Chicago. We seem to get lots of shots....Maybe we'll get some bounces against Detroit.........We'll need them...:laughing7:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
just about stoned

khabbibulin, (spell?) just about stoned us last night, he played a supurb game, tampa bay wa so stupid

to let him go, that was the beginning of their demise.

We will have our work cut out for us in Detroit, but we can beat them, we'll keep the goals down, and

try our best to put in 2 or 3, hope their goalie has a couple of lapses.

Luongo will have to be at his best, and if Naslund and the twins can do their thing, and Kesler keeps

improving, along with some others, we will score our goals.

In my opinion Naslund and the twins are the most talented line in the NHL, no other line can control

the puck in the offensive end like they can, and Naslund has started putting them away now, so

hopefully he will continue to do that.

Keep positive folks, we are playing well, other than the one game, (which we will forget), no team

has scored many goals against us, and the work ethic of this team, and the new coach, which I like

very much makes this team fun to watch, and I have lots of respect for their hard work.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Hey! The Canucks won another: They had to get a goal in OT to win it. They are finally giving Naslund some help with the scoring. Might be hope yet.

Last Update: Nov 22, 22:13 Canada/Eastern

NHL FINAL IN OT 1ST 2ND 3RD OT TOTAL
--- --- --- --- -----
VANCOUVER 1 0 2 1 4
DETROIT 2 1 0 0 3 FINAL IN OT

GOAL SCORING:

1ST PRD: VAN - RYAN KESLER 3 (MATT COOKE, ALEXANDRE BURROWS) 0:18
DET - MATHIEU SCHNEIDER 5 (ROBERT LANG) 9:24
DET - (PP) NICKLAS LIDSTROM 4 (MATHIEU SCHNEIDER, ROBERT
LANG) 12:05
2ND PRD: DET - DANIEL CLEARY 6 (KRIS DRAPER, ANDREAS LILJA) 19:00
3RD PRD: VAN - MARKUS NASLUND 11 (HENRIK SEDIN) 4:50
VAN - (PP) BRENDAN MORRISON 5 (MATTIAS OHLUND, KEVIN BIEKSA)
7:23
OT: VAN - BRENDAN MORRISON 6 (SAMI SALO) 3:01

POWER-PLAY CONVERSIONS: VAN - 1 OF 6, DET - 1 OF 6.

SHOTS ON GOAL: 1ST 2ND 3RD OT TOTAL
--- --- --- --- -----
VAN 6 5 17 2 30
DET 6 13 9 2 30

GOALIES: VAN - ROBERTO LUONGO
DET - DOMINIK HASEK

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
we did it

after second period I felt sick
but a new team came out in the third and played like stanley cup contenders, and

Luongo did his thing too.

Even Bulis had some bright spots, till he tried to score on a point blank shot that, even I could have
scored on, (well, maybe)

And, Morrison played well too, first time I have liked his play this year, maybe, just maybe he is going
to continue, but I still don't like Cook at all any longer, I think he should be traded, his style of play, and
his lack of good skating just doesn't fit into the "new" nhl. Love Burrows and Kesler line, hard, hard,
work.

Way to go guys, do it again tomorrow, I see Nashville will be playing back to back as well, as they
played Dallas tonight, lost 1-0

Feelin good about this team "tonight", we'll see what tomorrow brings, they're sure not boring.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
We never seem to know which team is going to show up. In the previous game they played a hard working, disciplined, game in the third period and earned a win. No matter how you cut it, last night's 6 to 0 loss was a blowout.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
goalies

I don't usually agree with John Garret, but what he said last night about "not" changing goalies, and
continuing with the team "as is" make sense.

Although Saborin didn't play "horrible" , he didn't play well either, and possibly the change threw
the team off balance early on in the game. I know that sounds feeble, but they sure seemed unsure
of themselves, and I know Luongo would not have let in so many goals. In Garrets opinion, you
just don't change something that is working well, keep it going, and that makes sense to me.

It's too bad, as they were getting on a bit of a role, and feeling good about themselves, now they
will have to rebound from that lashing, and start over again, so their character will be tested again,
and we'll see how they bounce back.

I also don't agree with having such a young goalie as back up for Luongo, he should be playing
somewhere where he can play much more, Flarrity should be our back up, that's what he wants
to do, he is content playing once in a while, and he can come in and play well when asked, as he
isn't trying to make an impression on anyone to think about him as a "number one" someday.

GO CANUCKS

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
A few of those goals Saborin maybe should have stopped, but the Canuck's biggest problem is defence. You can have the world's best goalie, but a poor defence will still lose games for you.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
A few of those goals Saborin maybe should have stopped, but the Canuck's biggest problem is defence. You can have the world's best goalie, but a poor defence will still lose games for you.

I agree that last night our defence looked out of wack, but I don't agree that the defence is weak, when

all are healthy, I quite like our defence this year, Kraichek/Coulombe are pleasant surprises, and I

like Bieksa, and I think he is going to become a top d man in a couple of years, salo and ohlund are

very thorough and any team in the league would jump at the chance to have them, and we have

Edler in Manitoba, who played very well when he was up. Last night the

defence looked bad, and they were checking twins/naslund so close, they didn't have any room

to do anything, and now that henrik is injured, (not sure what it is), if he is out of lineup for any length

of time, our scoring ability will be almost nil, hope somebody else can rise to the occasion, as that

line does almost all of our scoring..

Last night the whole team looked "fractured", and out of sync, and each goal against seemed to make

it worse, they couldn't recover.

gearheaded1

Never stop questioning
Oct 21, 2006
Alberta
5-1 Oilers win, Oilers win!

I can't help it (even though i'm decidedly on the wrong thread).

Oilers came out firing on some cylinders last night and didn't play as good as the score indicates over Chicago. I like it that the Oil can still win by this margin, when they're playing not so amazing.

The league's top penalty-kill certainly helps in this transition to the "new" league.

OK, enough gloating.

Go Canadian teams!! (except Calgary.)

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
sad

DANIEL where are you ?

I really respect how hard kesler/burrows/cook work, but I hope someday they develope some
finish, we need it badly.

Thanks Roberto, you kept this game from becoming embarrassing.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Big news..the Canucks scored a goal. It happened in the second period. If you bet on this in Vegas you may be a multi-millionaire.

It was scored by one of the Cycle Sisters. Unfortunately more than half of the team roster has scored 1 goal or less this season.

RedGreen

Nominee Member
Dec 3, 2006
Nanaimo, BC
Its about time that Bulis guy came around. In typical Canuck fan style, everybody out west here was high on getting him so its good he's finally doing what he was brought here to do... Score on the Sedin line.

What kind of trades do people think the Canucks should make?

Keep Morrison? Keep Naslund? What kind of players would help this team out?

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
They're are bloody useless this year. Did Todd do so much for the team? They are last place in a loser division. Goals for is abyssmal. Am seriously considering switching to being a Buffalo fan. At least they are more local and a small market team. Been a Canuck fan since 82 and all I got to show for it is an old 1994 season jersey.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
On the other hand, Vancouver won last night and if the team wins the next two games and Edmonton loses, they will likely be in first place. They are not out of it yet, but give them time....:rolleyes: