How about them Canucks!

TomorrowMan

Oct 7, 2006
burnaby
Canucks are up against the Avalanche tomorrow. Should prove to be a real challenge for them

Also, I suspect that the turn out at the Detroit game had something to do with the Detroit Tigers playing the Yankees. it's been a while since their baseball team made it to the post-season.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Winnipeg can't support a team. There isn't enough money in that city.

You may be right, but is there enough money in Hamilton? Toronto would probably lobby against a team in Hamilton for the same issues that Vancouver might have against a team in seattle.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Good to see Bert come back to life.

Yeah, I think he needed the move and players in any sport always turn into stars when they leave Vancouver....:p Seriously, it is good to see him back on his game..

EastSideScotian

Stuck in Ontario...bah
Jun 9, 2006
Petawawa Ontario
If I was moving the Pens, my choice would likely be Winnipeg. Their problem last time was that they needed a bigger arena. With a 18 - 20,000 seat stadium Winnipeg could support an NHL team. I don't know about the Maritimes. What city would you pick? Could Halifax support a team?
Id say Halifax, could support one for sure, We are getting a CFL team apperantly, by 2012.

Our Quebec Leauge Team, the Halifax Mooseheads, are one of the richest teams, always have alot of people going to games, and we have a large arena already. People in Halifax are Hockey crazy, we even have the population to support it for sure, and money yea we got that too, Halifax is the boom city of the east. I think it would go well here.

Winnipeg, shouldnt get another chance, the Jets were a good team, and the peggers didnt go to the games. I think Halifax would do well, or better than expected.

Besides Hamilton is a dump.

bluewaters101

Jun 7, 2006
canada
Calgary has the best team for the Job In my Opinion, Great defense and they have some of the most versitle players in the game. They just need to get going and they will be Unstopable. Ottawa, is going to play alright, barely make the play-offs, and **** up like normal.

I say Calgary for the cup.

What do you guys think about the Pens getting sold, their is a rumor they will go to Hamilton....

Hamilton sucks, I say bring them over here tot he east where crosbys from...way more ticket interest.

No, i think Edmonton is gonna play better this time around and win the cup!

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
The Canucks won a squeaker against the Stars last night. Young Pyett got the winner with about 45 seconds left. The team needs good defensemen badly if they are going to expect to win with two or three goals.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
um

the canucks just lost a pretty good game against the wings, too bad, one real soft goal,

I won't criticize our goalie, Luongo, as we would not have been tied with them at all, if it hadn't

been for him, so suck it up everyone, and on we go.

Pretty good team this year, not all the so called "big names" this year, but their work ethic

is heads and shoulders better than that old team, wouldn't ever want it back again, and glad

Bertuzzi is gone.

Some day Bieksa will be our captain, just about the time Naslund retires, he should be ready,

very smart guy, very smart player, still has little lapses, but he is great, and we have other young

players who will come along nicely too.

Last edited:

gearheaded1

Never stop questioning
Oct 21, 2006
Alberta
Who?

The canucks? Is that a hockey team? Never heard of them.

Go Oil.

Sort of like a poke in the eye with a sharp stick? (or a curved one perhaps)

Here's food for thought... How come player's haven't caught onto the face visor thing? Even Sundin isn't wearing one now, ironic considering he almost lost an eye last year?!?

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
funny funny

you guys are "goin down", (i hope), it seems, our two teams are headed for similar

areas in the standings, maybe a dog fight down the stretch again.

And, Calgary is starting to look better. Hope we come out of our funk soon, just

can't score, although we are outplaying most teams, so somewhere soon we get a little more

puck luck, then "watch out", we will be dangerous.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto

The only team that matters. It's a shame Toronto doesn't get to play the Western teams more often...we love those easy points. :D

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
6 teams

When I was a little girl, (about 10 yrs. old) I became interested in hockey, my first choice was

Montreal Canadians, cheered for them till l970 when Canucks entered nhl.

End of story.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Hey! The Canucks now have a winning streak of two. Bring on those Leafs....:|:wave:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Durka

They play Detroit tomorrow. The have beaten Detroit this year but they've been so inconsistent who knows what they'll do next. They've been averaging about two goals a game----can't expect to win many games with two goals and the Vancouver defense the way it's been playing.

Last edited: