Honest Question, how can we take things like mining and the wheat board back?

Tygerbright

Time Out
Oct 21, 2019
Bagtown
I know things have been sold off or sold out and I'd love to hear from the people here on 2 points.
1. What have we lost to outside interests.
2. How do we get it back?

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
The Wheatboard can stay gone, it served it's purpose in the beginning run by western farmers for western farmers, once Gov. got their fingers in there it went to sh*t.

Mining and resources will need Gov. and politics (environmental minister discretion) taken out of the decision process and back into industries hands to make viability decisions

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I know things have been sold off or sold out and I'd love to hear from the people here on 2 points.
1. What have we lost to outside interests.
2. How do we get it back?
First, get the Wheat Board, let's say, out of the hands of Chi-fuking-na. Actually ANYTHING that's Chinese linked we need to take back.

I think anything that's been 'sold off' to outside/other than Canadian interests needs to be looked at to see how it really is benefiting us, regardless of who negotiated it. TBH I'd rather see it all held up for the people of Canada to look at and get their opinion on. It's OURS, we should have input into where it goes if it's not staying in Canada.

As for TM's suggestion about mining and resources... yeahno. Put those things in the hand of industry and they will not GAF about what happens to the local areas they're exploiting for their interests. All they care about is the end $$ amount.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The wheat board is totally useless, and we were lucky to get money for something that should have been disbanded. Farmers can sell to whomever they like. As it should be. Now we need to eliminate the rest of the marketing monopolies.
As for mining, many of the large mining companies are Canadian. Also there is nothing stopping you from buying the rest of them if it concerns you o much.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
First, get the Wheat Board, let's say, out of the hands of Chi-fuking-na. Actually ANYTHING that's Chinese linked we need to take back.

I think anything that's been 'sold off' to outside/other than Canadian interests needs to be looked at to see how it really is benefiting us, regardless of who negotiated it. TBH I'd rather see it all held up for the people of Canada to look at and get their opinion on. It's OURS, we should have input into where it goes if it's not staying in Canada.

As for TM's suggestion about mining and resources... yeahno. Put those things in the hand of industry and they will not GAF about what happens to the local areas they're exploiting for their interests. All they care about is the end $$ amount.
Saudi's owns the majority of the new Wheatboard so they can contract directly to farmers

You do know resource management was under provincial/local control until Trudie took it away and made it nationally controlled by the environmental minister don't you?

Reactions: petros

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Canadian Grain Act.

The CGCC still functions just fine.

Yes the Grain commission guaranteeing quality is still functioning and very useful when countries try to reject or downgrade our grain exports

Grading is a team effort, with multiple CGC professionals examining every collectible to ensure accuracy and consistency. CGC's graders enter a grade for each collectible into CGC's computer system. A consensus is then reached on the final grade of the collectible.

CGC Grading Process | CGC

www.cgccomics.com/grading/grading-process/