Hamas attacks Israel

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Does that include missile and drone attacks from Iran?
You can’t say that’s not a game of chicken also. Who’s gonna blink first? Who’s gonna swerve?
Anywho…with Hamas agreeing to a cease-fire agreement that Israel says was never on the table…what are the differences (the major ones anyway?) between what Hamas agreed to that Israel didn’t offer up for agreement?? I found a quick summary:

- In Hamas's proposal, they do not commit in the first stage to release only living hostages, as Israel demanded, but it is noted that in the first stage, 33 hostages will be released - "alive or bodies," according to the criteria that meet humanitarian release.

- Hamas wants to release 3 hostages every week, Israel wanted 3 hostages every three days.

- The proposal states that the bodies (as opposed to actual living hostages) will be delivered as a completion to the number 33. In Israel, they want the third stage of the deal to include returning bodies, and in the first two stages, only living hostages will be returned.

- Different keys for the release of prisoners (30 and not 20 for each hostage, 50 and not 40 for a female soldier)

- Regarding the release key for female soldiers, Hamas wants 30 lifetime prisoners (plus 20 prisoners whose remaining imprisonment time is up to ten years), Israel is willing to release 20 lifetime prisoners (plus 20 prisoners whose remaining imprisonment time is another ten years)

- In Hamas's proposal, there is no Israeli veto right over the names of the lifetime prisoners, nor an option for extradition outside of Gaza, as Israel demanded

- There is an agreement that by the seventh day, Hamas will transfer a list of the hostages it holds, but the document Hamas agreed to includes the phrase 'as far as possible'

- Difference in the timing of the military withdrawal from Rashid Axis: The Israeli proposal speaks of a week after implementing the deal, and at the end of releasing all women, the Hamas presentation speaks of three days after, and not dependent on the release of the women

- Hamas's proposal includes a commitment to reach agreements regarding the prisoner release key for men - soldiers and civilians - by day 35 - Hamas's proposal includes a clause that defines that the temporary ceasefire (the cessation of military activity) will continue in phase B until a full agreement is reached. Hamas's proposal does not include a clause about the 'end of the war' in the first phase

- Hamas's proposal includes the release of all prisoners who were re-arrested after being released in the Gilad Shalit deal. This is not mentioned in the Israeli document

- Hamas's proposal includes the removal of restrictions on the conditions of prisoners in Israeli jail imposed following 7/10. This is not mentioned in the Israeli document

- Israel and Hamas agree on evacuating wounded Hamas members for treatment outside the Gaza Strip - but do not agree on the number (Hamas wants at least 50 per day) and also on the timing of the implementation of the move (Hamas wants from the first day, Israel agreed after two weeks)

- Israel demanded that as part of the rehabilitation, Hamas must not rebuild its military infrastructure, as well as the importation of materials for military use. This was removed from the Hamas proposal

- Guarantors to the agreement - The Israeli proposal includes Qatar, Egypt, and the USA. The Hamas proposal also includes the UN, in addition to Qatar, Egypt, and the USA.

Aside from the above, they’re almost identical positions except where they’re not, 35% of the time except on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Sundays, Leap Years, Non-Leap Years, and Holidays.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
You can’t say that’s not a game of chicken also. Who’s gonna blink first? Who’s gonna swerve?
Anywho…with Hamas agreeing to a cease-fire agreement that Israel says was never on the table…what are the differences (the major ones anyway?) between what Hamas agreed to that Israel didn’t offer up for agreement?? I found a quick summary:

- In Hamas's proposal, they do not commit in the first stage to release only living hostages, as Israel demanded, but it is noted that in the first stage, 33 hostages will be released - "alive or bodies," according to the criteria that meet humanitarian release.

- Hamas wants to release 3 hostages every week, Israel wanted 3 hostages every three days.

- The proposal states that the bodies (as opposed to actual living hostages) will be delivered as a completion to the number 33. In Israel, they want the third stage of the deal to include returning bodies, and in the first two stages, only living hostages will be returned.

- Different keys for the release of prisoners (30 and not 20 for each hostage, 50 and not 40 for a female soldier)

- Regarding the release key for female soldiers, Hamas wants 30 lifetime prisoners (plus 20 prisoners whose remaining imprisonment time is up to ten years), Israel is willing to release 20 lifetime prisoners (plus 20 prisoners whose remaining imprisonment time is another ten years)

- In Hamas's proposal, there is no Israeli veto right over the names of the lifetime prisoners, nor an option for extradition outside of Gaza, as Israel demanded

- There is an agreement that by the seventh day, Hamas will transfer a list of the hostages it holds, but the document Hamas agreed to includes the phrase 'as far as possible'

- Difference in the timing of the military withdrawal from Rashid Axis: The Israeli proposal speaks of a week after implementing the deal, and at the end of releasing all women, the Hamas presentation speaks of three days after, and not dependent on the release of the women

- Hamas's proposal includes a commitment to reach agreements regarding the prisoner release key for men - soldiers and civilians - by day 35 - Hamas's proposal includes a clause that defines that the temporary ceasefire (the cessation of military activity) will continue in phase B until a full agreement is reached. Hamas's proposal does not include a clause about the 'end of the war' in the first phase

- Hamas's proposal includes the release of all prisoners who were re-arrested after being released in the Gilad Shalit deal. This is not mentioned in the Israeli document

- Hamas's proposal includes the removal of restrictions on the conditions of prisoners in Israeli jail imposed following 7/10. This is not mentioned in the Israeli document

- Israel and Hamas agree on evacuating wounded Hamas members for treatment outside the Gaza Strip - but do not agree on the number (Hamas wants at least 50 per day) and also on the timing of the implementation of the move (Hamas wants from the first day, Israel agreed after two weeks)

- Israel demanded that as part of the rehabilitation, Hamas must not rebuild its military infrastructure, as well as the importation of materials for military use. This was removed from the Hamas proposal

- Guarantors to the agreement - The Israeli proposal includes Qatar, Egypt, and the USA. The Hamas proposal also includes the UN, in addition to Qatar, Egypt, and the USA.

Aside from the above, they’re almost identical positions except where they’re not, 35% of the time except on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Sundays, Leap Years, Non-Leap Years, and Holidays.
Okay, now what do the Israeli people think about this?

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Okay, now what do the Israeli people think about this?
I’m not there, but I have an idea. This is both a religious & real estate war…but… what if…both Muslim & Jewish religions were banned from the Middle East? With the only acceptable & authorized religion allowed being Jehovah’s Witnesses????
This could be enforced by the UN and UNRWA through multilateral peacekeeping peacekeepers armed with Watchtower magazines willing to talk to all about their Lord & Saviour.
All of a sudden, they’re all on the same team, and this divisive Gaza/Israel/West Bank nonsense would just get in the way of them knocking on each other’s doors early every Saturday morning!!
(Banning both Jewish & Muslim religions in the Middle East and enforcing strict adherence to only Jehovah witnesses…that could solve both the religious and real estate conflicts, but I suppose they’ll create different sects of Jehovah’s Witness philosophical divergence to fight each other over ‘cuz?)
This is potentially a ground floor opportunity for the Middle East (which is considered partially Africa and partially Asia at the above link).

Tomorrow given the time, I might think of a solution for the Ukraine/Russia issue, like maybe forcing all of Russia & Eastern Europe to become Mormons, & outlaw anything but Mormonism there?
Then, given enough generations, we can have the Great Mormon/Jehovah’s Witness War at some future date yet to be scheduled.

By that point all of Western Europe will be Muslim, and South America the Christian holdout…with North America predominantly Scientologists…with Asian by default having to be Wiccans or some other made up bullshit ‘cuz why not?

Reactions: Twin_Moose

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I’m not there, but I have an idea. This is both a religious & real estate war…but… what if…both Muslim & Jewish religions were banned from the Middle East? With the only acceptable & authorized religion allowed being Jehovah’s Witnesses????
This could be enforced by the UN and UNRWA through multilateral peacekeeping peacekeepers armed with Watchtower magazines willing to talk to all about their Lord & Saviour.
All of a sudden, they’re all on the same team, and this divisive Gaza/Israel/West Bank nonsense would just get in the way of them knocking on each other’s doors early every Saturday morning!!
(Banning both Jewish & Muslim religions in the Middle East and enforcing strict adherence to only Jehovah witnesses…that could solve both the religious and real estate conflicts, but I suppose they’ll create different sects of Jehovah’s Witness philosophical divergence to fight each other over ‘cuz?)
This is potentially a ground floor opportunity for the Middle East (which is considered partially Africa and partially Asia at the above link).

Tomorrow given the time, I might think of a solution for the Ukraine/Russia issue, like maybe forcing all of Russia & Eastern Europe to become Mormons, & outlaw anything but Mormonism there?
Then, given enough generations, we can have the Great Mormon/Jehovah’s Witness War at some future date yet to be scheduled.

By that point all of Western Europe will be Muslim, and South America the Christian holdout…with North America predominantly Scientologists…with Asian by default having to be Wiccans or some other made up bullshit ‘cuz why not?
37% of Jewish Israelis support going into Rafah.

You want this more than they do.

A survey of 750 people, conducted in Hebrew and Arabic over May 1-5, found that 56 percent of Jewish Israelis prioritize reaching a deal over invading Hamas's final remaining stronghold in Gaza, while 37% believe military action should take precedence.

3 days ago

https://www.timesofisrael.com › p...

Poll: Majority of Israelis support prioritizing hostage deal over Rafah operation

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
37% of Jewish Israelis support going into Rafah.

You want this more than they do.

A survey of 750 people, conducted in Hebrew and Arabic over May 1-5, found that 56 percent of Jewish Israelis prioritize reaching a deal over invading Hamas's final remaining stronghold in Gaza, while 37% believe military action should take precedence.

3 days ago

https://www.timesofisrael.com › p...

Poll: Majority of Israelis support prioritizing hostage deal over Rafah operation

I want the Middle East to convert to being Jehovah witnesses because it appeals to my sense of humour, and highlights the ludicrous opposing positions throughout the region as a whole and between Palestinians & Israelis in general.

But that’s this morning. By this afternoon I might have a different opinion.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I want the Middle East to convert to being Jehovah witnesses because it appeals to my sense of humour, and highlights the ludicrous opposing positions throughout the region as a whole and between Palestinians & Israelis in general.

But that’s this morning. By this afternoon I might have a different opinion.
Too late. Christian based religions were forced out by Israel looooong ago.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
What if everybody supporting the region put away their fake god?

While the administration determined that these countries engage in Israel boycotts, a condition that triggers American anti-boycott laws, bypassing these restrictions remains "in the U.S. national interest" to maintain regional stability, according to the waiver. But this justification is drawing scrutiny on Capitol Hill as the Biden administration threatens key arms shipments to Israel in a bid to force it into abandoning its campaign to eradicate Hamas.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Why? Not everyone is bitter about God like you are.
I'm not bitter at all. I don't believe, therefore, I don't have any angst over God. I don't have a problem with people of faith. It's your choice, I could be wrong. It's the in the name of___ people I have a problem with.
They seem pretty bitter when they're funding killing for him, or her, or prefer not to say.
By the way, their fake god has always been money.

Last edited:
Reactions: Serryah