Hamas attacks Israel

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
So….Gaza borders on Israel & Egypt (so two land borders).

Yeah.

Gaza & Egypt are both Muslim centric. Gaza isn’t at war with Egypt, but it sure is via Hamas after this weekend.

Not so much; but they don't normally like one another and Israel and Egypt have a 'normalization' between them.

{In this latest clash (this week), Palestine attack Israel etc….& Israel is going to retaliate, and try to get back the hostages from Israel of many nationalities, etc…}

No, they're gonna slaughter people in Gaza and Hamas are going to keep up their threat and kill those kidnapped.

Somehow, Gaza smuggled in at least 5000+ missiles and a Hardware to fire them, weapons, these glider contraptions, etc…. So they obviously have a way to get things in and out of the country.

Tunnels; it's a rumour that Hamas have tunnels all over the place and the weapons were smuggled in via Iran. Likely over a long period of time, so easily done.

When Gaza attacked Israel this week, why weren’t the people of Gaza flooding into Egypt?

Would you automatically leave your home if, say, Canada was idiotic enough to attack somewhere out of the blue?

Humanitarian Efforts By Egypt to accept Gaza citizens, at least temporarily to camps or whatever until this was over?

"The Egypt–Gaza border is the 12 kilometres (7.5 mi) long border between the Gaza Strip and Egypt. There is a buffer zone along the border which is about 14 kilometres (8.7 mi) long.

The Rafah Border Crossing is the only crossing point between Egypt and the Gaza Strip. It is located on the international border that was confirmed in the 1979 Egypt–Israel peace treaty. Only passage of persons takes place through the Rafah Border Crossing; as such, the Egypt-Gaza border is only open to the passage of people, not of goods. All cargo traffic must go through Israel, usually through the Israeli-controlled Kerem Shalom border crossing on the Gaza–Israel barrier."

I keep reading a few new stories, where it says that the people of Gaza are “trapped” in Gaza with nowhere to go?

That's true.

Why are they going into Egypt? Does Egypt want nothing to do with them?

And break treaty with Israel?

Plus Hamas.

Egypt is trying to broker a ceasefire or something, but:

"Asserting its political and security ties with Israel and the Palestinian militia Hamas, Egypt has stepped up its diplomatic activity in recent days in an attempt to stop the spiral of violence unleashed on Saturday in Gaza and its surroundings and to prevent the situation from deteriorating further. For the moment, however, Cairo’s efforts, which are taking place alongside those of other countries in the region with some influence over the parties, such as Qatar, are being frustrated by the magnitude of the crisis and by the refusal of Israeli authorities to openly enter into negotiations."

"Although the cyclical escalations of violence in Gaza allow the Egyptian authorities in particular to claim their relevance in the region, the seriousness of the current situation, especially after the Israeli announcement this Monday that it will impose “a complete siege” on the Gaza Strip, places Cairo in a difficult position due to broad social support for the Palestinian cause. Egypt is the only other country, besides Israel, that borders Gaza, which now places it in the position of having to decide between relaxing its restrictions at the border crossing with the Strip or maintaining the strict controls it has been imposing on crossings for the last 10 years.

On Sunday, the Egyptian Red Crescent reported that they had delivered a first package of emergency medical aid to the organization’s Gaza branch, and the Egyptian Ministry of Health has sent ambulances to the enclave, according to a local group in northern Sinai, but aid remains scarce. In addition, an Israeli airstrike hit the Rafah border crossing on Monday afternoon, forcing it to close even for humanitarian cases, according to the independent Egyptian media Mada Masr.

Over the past two years, Egypt has been able to intervene with some success to stop several escalations between Israel and Palestinian groups active in Gaza, including in mid-2021, when Cairo managed to forge a ceasefire between Israel and Hamas after 11 days of Israeli airstrikes on the strip and Hamas rockets aimed at Israel. Last May, Cairo also brokered a truce between Israel and the Palestinian group Islamic Jihad after 10 days of fighting that broke out following the death of a well-known Palestinian activist in an Israeli jail. Then, however, Egyptian mediators were upset by Israel’s actions, including targeted assassinations, according to local media.

The escalation between Hamas and Israel has once again put the spotlight on the reaction of Arab countries that in recent years have normalized relations with Israel under the mediation of the United States, such as the United Arab Emirates. All eyes are also on countries trying to take the step, like Saudi Arabia. Riyadh said on Saturday that the situation in the region will remain explosive as long as there is a “continued occupation, the deprivation of the Palestinian people’s legitimate rights and the repetition of systematic provocations against their holy places,” while at the same time Abu Dhabi was “dismayed” by the Hamas attacks, which it considered a “dangerous and serious escalation.”"

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Not so much; but they don't normally like one another and Israel and Egypt have a 'normalization' between them.
Why wouldn’t Egypt like Hamas and the Gaza Stripe as neighbours? They DO share a common border, and though they have one (or two) official border crossing points, over the length of the Gaza/Egypt border, I’m assuming a Roxham Road or 11-Teen could have been set up quickly in a pinch.
Tunnels; it's a rumour that Hamas have tunnels all over the place and the weapons were smuggled in via Iran. Likely over a long period of time, so easily done.
Tunnels, from where? I’m assuming from Egypt & not because I understand much of what’s going on in the neighbourhood there, but I’m assuming they’re probably not smuggling missiles in from Israel through tunnels…
1696982050177.jpeg
…& I’m pretty sure Gaza isn’t tunnelling to Iran, even if that’s where many of the missiles originated….
1696982141780.jpeg
…Hamas & their tunnels aren’t connected to the bottom of the mediterranean, & I’m pretty sure they’re not under Israel to smuggle missiles into Gaza from Iran, which, with the process of elimination…
Would you automatically leave your home if, say, Canada was idiotic enough to attack somewhere out of the blue?
If my “country” was (generously) 8 miles by 25 miles in size, & in that same situation, I’d be loading up the truck (or scooter, or bicycle, or foot mobile, and getting my arse with family in tow to & through the Egyptian border to a refugee camp for a week or two, unless Gazan’s are persona non grata in Egypt.
"The Egypt–Gaza border is the 12 kilometres (7.5 mi) long border between the Gaza Strip and Egypt. There is a buffer zone along the border which is about 14 kilometres (8.7 mi) long.
7.5 miles long, so call it 12 kilometres. How many “Roxham Roads” can fit into a 12 km stretch?
The Rafah Border Crossing is the only crossing point between Egypt and the Gaza Strip. It is located on the international border that was confirmed in the 1979 Egypt–Israel peace treaty. Only passage of persons takes place through the Rafah Border Crossing; as such, the Egypt-Gaza border is only open to the passage of people, not of goods.
Fine. That would work for that week or two to let Israel & Hamas duke it out without having the Citizens of Gaza & the Hostages from Israel from this weekend in the way.
All cargo traffic must go through Israel, usually through the Israeli-controlled Kerem Shalom border crossing on the Gaza–Israel barrier."
We’re not concerned with cargo at this point, at least I’m not. If I was there, with my family, as you inquired about, that would one of my potential exit strategies
And break treaty with Israel?
I bet Israel would LOVE the Citizens of Gaza to have gotten out’a Dodge instead of having Hamas hiding under the skirts of the population….Just for the PR value alone, to not have to fight through them.

I’m assuming there’s more to this then what you’re pointing out with an Egypt Israel treaty.
Plus Hamas.
Yep. Does Egypt prefer Hamas to not be in Egypt? Are they not good neighbours?
Egypt is trying to broker a ceasefire or something,
That would keep them from having to deal with temporary Gaza refugee camps and Hamas sliding in with them into Egypt.
but:
"Although the cyclical escalations of violence in Gaza allow the Egyptian authorities in particular to claim their relevance in the region, ect….the rest of this quote above at post #41 I think..
I’m trying to get this post under 10,000 words, and in trying to cut out chunks from the above quote to get in under the wire…

99% of Palestinians are Muslim, & 85%-90% of Egyptian’s are Muslims…so Egypt (again I’m assuming) aren’t prejudicial against Palestine over religion.

Oh wait. What’s this? First I’ve heard of it:
In December 2009, with help from the US, Egypt started building a steel wall along the Gaza border. If it is finished, the wall will be 10–11 km (6–7 miles) long and extend 18 metres (60 feet) below the surface.

Egypt reinforced the border with several hundred troops to protect construction crews from Palestinian sniper attacks.

Palestinian sources said that construction of the barrier was damaging dozens of smuggling tunnels as deep as 30 meters (100 feet), causing them to collapse on a nearly daily basis and killing operators, especially tunnels near the Rafah border terminal. They added that most of the 1,500 tunnels between Gaza and Egypt remained unaffected. The sources also stated that the project has alarmed the Hamas regime in the Gaza Strip, which charges an annual $2,500 for the right to operate a tunnel.

Ahhh….ok, at the above link under the section titled “Smugglers Tunnels” explains that Egypt is trying to keep out the riffraff from Gaza being al-Qaeda-inspired militants from the Gaza Strip will infiltrate Egypt, Salafist militant groups such as Jund Ansar Allah, Army of Islam and Jaljalat which didn’t play well with Hamas in Giza.

Oh well, Egypt seemed like the logical destination for the citizens of Gaza on a temporary basis so that Hamas could deal with Israel directly without being behind the population of citizenry in Gaza. My bad. Didn’t realize that bridge was already burnt enough that Egypt didn’t want to be bothered with what came along with the Gaza non-combatants.

Plus seems there’s a history between Gaza & Egypt. Egypt captured Gaza during the 1948 Arab-Israeli War. It remained under Egyptian control until the 1967 Arab-Israeli War, when Israel seized the territory and occupied it, along with the West Bank and East Jerusalem. Palestinians claim these territories and see them as part of a future state.

In 2005, Israel withdrew its troops from Gazaand withdrew around 7,000 settlers.

The following year, the Hamas movement came out ahead in Gaza elections. But after wrangling with the rival Fatah party, Hamas seized power by force in 2007. Gaza has not had elections since.

Israel responded by imposing an air, land and sea blockade of the Gaza Strip. Egypt closed its border crossing with Gaza when Hamas took power in 2007.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
So, for the last almost 2 decades, Israel’s issue isn’t with Gaza or it’s citizens, but with Hamas, in power since 2005, & it’s seizure of Gaza in 2007….& that’s when both Israel & Egypt tried to corral Hamas (& Hamas’s rivals still in Gaza) away from themselves.

So Israel & Egypt are both human rights abusers for trying to wall out Hamas and in turn walled in the other Gaza residents that happen to not be Hamas, al-Qaeda-inspired militants from the Gaza Strip, Salafist militant groups such as Jund Ansar Allah, Army of Islam and Jaljalat etc…

Egypt & Israel, what a pack of bastards!! Makes you wonder whom the 5400 (or 4600, or pick a number depending on your source) prisoners in Israel are that Hamas is willing to sacrifice the two million plus other Gaza Citizens for, that they’re also hiding behind?

So Israel is suppose to trade (pick a number) of prisoners from Israeli jails for 120 or 150 or 10’s of dozens of hostages from this weekend, so in theory each hostage is worth about 30+ prisoners from the Israeli prisons.

“Hamas has said it seeks the release of all Palestinian prisoners in Israeli jails – about 4,500 detainees” so each detainee is worth about 400 normal Gaza citizens then? (2,000,000+ / 4500-ish)

So, exponentially, to Hamas & Israel (and Egypt, and Hezbollah, & Iran, and so on) The average Gaza citizen is worth (quick math of about 30 x about 400-ish) about 1/12,000th of the average hostage from this weekend regardless of their nationality? Doesn’t that make them all a bunch of dirty shits?

With the above math, no wonder Hamas is smuggling in missiles and missile firing systems instead of desalination plants and so on and so forth, as the Citizens of Gaza are worth almost nothing beyond a shield and Public Relations fodder. It’s not like they (Hamas) need the voting support of the population (average Joe Gaza person) to remain in power.

Makes you wonder why Israel even bothered with the phone warnings, etc… to the Gaza Citizens unless they contracted that out cheap-cheap to telemarketers and direct-dialers in India & the Philippines….in a cost/benefit analysis/scenario???

And the (at least a portion of them?) citizens in Gaza are “Allah Akbarring” for Hamas? Someone should be smuggling in some calculators for these folks.

Reactions: Taxslave2

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Why wouldn’t Egypt like Hamas and the Gaza Stripe as neighbours?

Religion and culture, that's the 'simple' answer.

They DO share a common border, and though they have one (or two) official border crossing points, over the length of the Gaza/Egypt border, I’m assuming a Roxham Road or 11-Teen could have been set up quickly in a pinch.

Only one, and Israel still controls it; the only thing that passes is people.

Tunnels, from where? I’m assuming from Egypt & not because I understand much of what’s going on in the neighbourhood there, but I’m assuming they’re probably not smuggling missiles in from Israel through tunnels…
View attachment 19550
…& I’m pretty sure Gaza isn’t tunnelling to Iran, even if that’s where many of the missiles originated….
View attachment 19551
…Hamas & their tunnels aren’t connected to the bottom of the mediterranean, & I’m pretty sure they’re not under Israel to smuggle missiles into Gaza from Iran, which, with the process of elimination…

Yeah, Egypt

But they also get weapons mostly from the sea via smuggling.

If my “country” was (generously) 8 miles by 25 miles in size, & in that same situation, I’d be loading up the truck (or scooter, or bicycle, or foot mobile, and getting my arse with family in tow to & through the Egyptian border to a refugee camp for a week or two, unless Gazan’s are persona non grata in Egypt.

Except no, you wouldn't. Because you wouldn't be permitted to leave, and Egypt has no camp or ability to even take in refugees from Gaza.

7.5 miles long, so call it 12 kilometres. How many “Roxham Roads” can fit into a 12 km stretch?

Don't know; doesn't matter.

Fine. That would work for that week or two to let Israel & Hamas duke it out without having the Citizens of Gaza & the Hostages from Israel from this weekend in the way.

Again, if Israel didn't control it still, there might be a chance. In fact, Egypt has asked Israel to open that border. Guess what they said...

We’re not concerned with cargo at this point, at least I’m not. If I was there, with my family, as you inquired about, that would one of my potential exit strategies

Again, an exit strategy that wouldn't happen.
I bet Israel would LOVE the Citizens of Gaza to have gotten out’a Dodge instead of having Hamas hiding under the skirts of the population….Just for the PR value alone, to not have to fight through them.

Maybe at one point; now they're calling for ALL Palestinians to be executed.

I’m assuming there’s more to this then what you’re pointing out with an Egypt Israel treaty.

Might be.

Yep. Does Egypt prefer Hamas to not be in Egypt? Are they not good neighbours?

No, and no.

That would keep them from having to deal with temporary Gaza refugee camps and Hamas sliding in with them into Egypt.

I’m trying to get this post under 10,000 words, and in trying to cut out chunks from the above quote to get in under the wire…

99% of Palestinians are Muslim, & 85%-90% of Egyptian’s are Muslims…so Egypt (again I’m assuming) aren’t prejudicial against Palestine over religion.

Oh wait. What’s this? First I’ve heard of it:
In December 2009, with help from the US, Egypt started building a steel wall along the Gaza border. If it is finished, the wall will be 10–11 km (6–7 miles) long and extend 18 metres (60 feet) below the surface.

Egypt reinforced the border with several hundred troops to protect construction crews from Palestinian sniper attacks.

Palestinian sources said that construction of the barrier was damaging dozens of smuggling tunnels as deep as 30 meters (100 feet), causing them to collapse on a nearly daily basis and killing operators, especially tunnels near the Rafah border terminal. They added that most of the 1,500 tunnels between Gaza and Egypt remained unaffected. The sources also stated that the project has alarmed the Hamas regime in the Gaza Strip, which charges an annual $2,500 for the right to operate a tunnel.

Ahhh….ok, at the above link under the section titled “Smugglers Tunnels” explains that Egypt is trying to keep out the riffraff from Gaza being al-Qaeda-inspired militants from the Gaza Strip will infiltrate Egypt, Salafist militant groups such as Jund Ansar Allah, Army of Islam and Jaljalat which didn’t play well with Hamas in Giza.

Oh well, Egypt seemed like the logical destination for the citizens of Gaza on a temporary basis so that Hamas could deal with Israel directly without being behind the population of citizenry in Gaza. My bad. Didn’t realize that bridge was already burnt enough that Egypt didn’t want to be bothered with what came along with the Gaza non-combatants.

Which is why this whole entire clusterfuck is full of nuance.

Plus seems there’s a history between Gaza & Egypt. Egypt captured Gaza during the 1948 Arab-Israeli War. It remained under Egyptian control until the 1967 Arab-Israeli War, when Israel seized the territory and occupied it, along with the West Bank and East Jerusalem. Palestinians claim these territories and see them as part of a future state.

In 2005, Israel withdrew its troops from Gazaand withdrew around 7,000 settlers.

The following year, the Hamas movement came out ahead in Gaza elections. But after wrangling with the rival Fatah party, Hamas seized power by force in 2007. Gaza has not had elections since.

Israel responded by imposing an air, land and sea blockade of the Gaza Strip. Egypt closed its border crossing with Gaza when Hamas took power in 2007.

Yep.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
So, for the last almost 2 decades, Israel’s issue isn’t with Gaza or it’s citizens, but with Hamas, in power since 2005, & it’s seizure of Gaza in 2007….& that’s when both Israel & Egypt tried to corral Hamas (& Hamas’s rivals still in Gaza) away from themselves.

At one time, yeah, not so much now.

So Israel & Egypt are both human rights abusers for trying to wall out Hamas and in turn walled in the other Gaza residents that happen to not be Hamas, al-Qaeda-inspired militants from the Gaza Strip, Salafist militant groups such as Jund Ansar Allah, Army of Islam and Jaljalat etc…

And Hamas are abusers for the rape and murder of innocent people.

Egypt & Israel, what a pack of bastards!! Makes you wonder whom the 5400 (or 4600, or pick a number depending on your source) prisoners in Israel are that Hamas is willing to sacrifice the two million plus other Gaza Citizens for, that they’re also hiding behind?

Makes some wonder; not me. I don't wonder at all. Because in the end, those prisoners in Israel don't matter either. Nor does the regular civilian populace in Gaza or the West Bank.

So Israel is suppose to trade (pick a number) of prisoners from Israeli jails for 120 or 150 or 10’s of dozens of hostages from this weekend, so in theory each hostage is worth about 30+ prisoners from the Israeli prisons.

I hadn't heard that but could be.

“Hamas has said it seeks the release of all Palestinian prisoners in Israeli jails – about 4,500 detainees” so each detainee is worth about 400 normal Gaza citizens then? (2,000,000+ / 4500-ish)

Huh; well I'm not shocked by that demand either.

Nor was I about the "We want peace" from Hamas apparently that I saw earlier. They won't get it though.

So, exponentially, to Hamas & Israel (and Egypt, and Hezbollah, & Iran, and so on) The average Gaza citizen is worth (quick math of about 30 x about 400-ish) about 1/12,000th of the average hostage from this weekend regardless of their nationality? Doesn’t that make them all a bunch of dirty shits?

Yep. It does.

With the above math, no wonder Hamas is smuggling in missiles and missile firing systems instead of desalination plants and so on and so forth, as the Citizens of Gaza are worth almost nothing beyond a shield and Public Relations fodder. It’s not like they (Hamas) need the voting support of the population (average Joe Gaza person) to remain in power.

Now you're getting it.

The citizens of Gaza are worth nothing to Hamas and nothing to Israel.

Makes you wonder why Israel even bothered with the phone warnings, etc… to the Gaza Citizens unless they contracted that out cheap-cheap to telemarketers and direct-dialers in India & the Philippines….in a cost/benefit analysis/scenario???

Nah, it's as you said before - to look good for PR. The reality is, they don't give a fuck and another dead Palestinian is a win.

And the (at least a portion of them?) citizens in Gaza are “Allah Akbarring” for Hamas? Someone should be smuggling in some calculators for these folks.

Some are, because to some, the atrocities of Israel deserve this retaliation.

Consider that the average age of people in Gaza right now - RIGHT NOW - is 18.

That's it.

2+ million people, and the AVERAGE age is 18.

Data PointValue
Total PopulationOver 2 million
Density5,500 people/sq km
Palestinian Refugees1.7 million
Median Age18 years

When you have that kind of life, tell me, what do YOU think they should do?

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
They should get the Hell out’a Dodge, and I’ve gotten it from the beginning without knowing much about the backstory except as it being background in books and movies until this week.

If….If the Citizens of Gaza can get out of that pesthole that Gaza has become, and “IF” some other nation accepts them, they should leave their hatred and bullshit beliefs in Gaza and accept the nation that accepts them, and raise their children in the culture that accepts them and gives them a peaceful home.

The bitch of it is, if 1/3 of those citizens are militant Hamas or name your terrorist flavour, how does an accepting nation sort the other 2/3rds from the above?

Of yeah, Egypt & Gaza share 1 current “official” border crossing, & something like 1500 tunnels under that 12 km border, so that’s pretty porous.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
They should get the Hell out’a Dodge, and I’ve gotten it from the beginning without knowing much about the backstory except as it being background in books and movies until this week.

They should, but they can't. That's the point.

If….If the Citizens of Gaza can get out of that pesthole that Gaza has become, and “IF” some other nation accepts them, they should leave their hatred and bullshit beliefs in Gaza and accept the nation that accepts them, and raise their children in the culture that accepts them and gives them a peaceful home.

The irony is, those that DO leave Gaza/The West Bank, DO usually drop the anti-Israeli bullshit - until it heats up like now - and they live in relative... okayness.

The bitch of it is, if 1/3 of those citizens are militant Hamas or name your terrorist flavour, how does an accepting nation sort the other 2/3rds from the above?

You don't. At least, not to some people.

Of yeah, Egypt & Gaza share 1 current “official” border crossing, & something like 1500 tunnels under that 12 km border, so that’s pretty porous.

Sadly so, but with the weapons this time coming from Iran, likely they were smuggled in via the sea.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

The last little bit...

Israel really wants a regional war, apparently.
So, Yemen is gonna chuck missiles at the US if it keeps all of Israel’s neighbors from piling on, & Iran is going to attack Israel if it doesn’t roll over and allow Hamas to walk through Israel without retaliation, & I’ve already lost track of the bullshit & threats.

Guess that means Israel must want a regional war.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
So, Yemen is gonna chuck missiles at the US if it keeps all of Israel’s neighbors from piling on, & Iran is going to attack Israel if it doesn’t roll over and allow Hamas to walk through Israel without retaliation, & I’ve already lost track of the bullshit & threats.

Its all about starting a war with Iran.

• Wow
Reactions: Twin_Moose

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

To get a Yemini missile into chucking range, you'd have to ship it to Medicine Hat.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
To get a Yemini missile into chucking range, you'd have to ship it to Medicine Hat.
That would be on Hell of a tunnel. 😳

I assume they mean the carrier fleet in the med. That would be unwise, but…it’s a good soundbite for Yemen I guess.

With your background, do you think that one supported Carrier Group is more than equal to Yemen & some of its neighbours if push come to missile Chucking? At least short term?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
That would be on Hell of a tunnel. 😳

I assume they mean the carrier fleet in the med. That would be unwise, but…it’s a good soundbite for Yemen I guess.

With your background, do you think that one supported Carrier Group is more than equal to Yemen & some of its neighbours if push come to missile Chucking? At least short term?
I was on the Nimitz when we trashed Tripoli in '86. Big fun.

The Ford, by itself, is the fifth-largest air force in the world.

Last I heard, it was accompanied by two missile cruisers and five missile destroyers.

Y'know how they say "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog?"

Yeah, that's all inspirational an' stuff, but this time it's the size of the tyrannosaurus in the fight.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

Sad that you missed the point, Ron.

But for the record, the other nations involved/getting involved, yes, they want a regional war too.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I was on the Nimitz when we trashed Tripoli in '86. Big fun.

The Ford, by itself, is the fifth-largest air force in the world.

Last I heard, it was accompanied by two missile cruisers and five missile destroyers.

Y'know how they say "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog?"

Yeah, that's all inspirational an' stuff, but this time it's the size of the tyrannosaurus in the fight.
I’m assuming there’s also supply ships, and then the vessels below the surface that we’re not suppose to openly acknowledge?
Sad that you missed the point, Ron.

But for the record, the other nations involved/getting involved, yes, they want a regional war too.
It was the lunch break, & I was doing about four things at the same time. Maybe I did miss the point, & maybe I didn’t.

If Israel, & all the other nations getting involved including Hamas for Giza & Hezbollah for Palestine or Yemen or whomever….the USA I guess too, and Iran, want a regional war…
The last little bit...

Israel really wants a regional war, apparently.
Yep. Guess it’s Israel that really wants a regional war, apparently.

Saudis and Israelis are going to thump Iran.

Welcome to WWIII
Saudis were weird during the Iraq weirdness….so could be the same this time too.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Air Canada grounds pilot who allegedly wore pro-Palestinian colours

Author of the article:Joe Warmington
Published Oct 10, 2023 • Last updated 1 day ago • 2 minute read
Capt. Mostafa Ezzo has been grounded by Air Canada for allegedly wearing Palestinan colours while in uniform.
Capt. Mostafa Ezzo has been grounded by Air Canada for allegedly wearing Palestinan colours while in uniform.
It’s not every day you see an Air Canada pilot placed on the company’s no-fly list.

But it has happened to a Montreal-based B787 first officer for allegedly wearing pro-Palestinian colours while in uniform. There were also concerns about a shocking number of social posts — allegedly containing profane commentary about Israel — from the pilot.

Air Canada confirmed it has pulled a pilot from the skies after it came to light on social media that he was wearing a Palestinian keffiyeh while in uniform.

“The pilot was taken out of service as of yesterday,” Air Canada spokesperson Peter Fitzpatrick told The Toronto Sun Tuesday.

The social media accounts for First Officer Mostafa Ezzo have subsequently been pulled down. The Sun reached out to Ezzo, or one of his representatives, for comment through the Airline Pilots Association Canada and the Air Canada MEC and received a response Tuesday night.

“ALPA Canada, including the Air Canada pilot group, is aware of the situation and is incredibly saddened by the tragedies in the Middle East. We condemn all violence and hatred, and any promotion thereof. It is our firm expectation that all of our members abide by this principle and our professional code of ethics,” the response said.

However, followers of his accounts complained to Air Canada concerning several posted photographs including one promoting Sunday’s pro-Palestine rally in Montreal which had added a headline that said “F*** you Israel, burn in hell.” Another posting called Israel a “terrorist state” and commented “Hitler is proud of you.”

This posted picture to Capt. Mostafa Ezzo’s social media is being probed by Air Canada
This posted picture to Capt. Mostafa Ezzo’s social media is being probed by Air Canada
Air Canada sources told the Sun that given the postings, there’s no way he would be on any of his next scheduled assignments. An investigation is underway.

The pilot remains on staff but is grounded at this time in what amounts to an Air Canada no-fly list — and not one that would prevent him from boarding as a passenger.

Air Canada took swift and decisive action.

“We did this because this individual’s opinions and publications on social media do not represent Air Canada’s views in any way,” said Fitzpatrick. “This person has never been authorized to speak publicly while identifying themselves as an Air Canada employee.”

Air Canada has temporarily suspended its flight routes at this time to Tel Aviv as a result of the Hamas terror attack.

This social media post advertising a rally is also being looked at by Air Canada
This social media post advertising a rally is also being looked at by Air Canada
It’s unclear if this pilot had ever been assigned that destination but the airplane he was cleared to operate is known to land there and many other destinations around the world.

Sources said Air Canada received complaints from passengers of Jewish faith, who indicated they would not feel comfortable boarding a jet with someone who may hold extreme and hateful views at the helm.

Air Canada moved quickly to take Ezzo out of the rotation while this is probed.

“We firmly denounce violence in all forms and take this matter very seriously,” said Fitzpatrick.

So do the passengers.
1697090591572.png1697090653147.png1697090775498.png

• Angry
Reactions: Taxslave2