Halloween store pulls ‘tasteless’ Anne Frank costume

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Halloween store pulls ‘tasteless’ Anne Frank costume
By Brad Hunter, Toronto Sun
First posted: Monday, October 16, 2017 02:27 PM EDT | Updated: Monday, October 16, 2017 02:48 PM EDT
An online Halloween store is under fire after offering an Anne Frank costume.
In its ad, British company Halloweencostumes.com called Frank, whose diary during the Nazi occupation of the Netherlands remains a testament to her bravery, resilience and humanity, “a hero” and added “we can always learn from the struggles of history.”
The costume features a green beret, blue overcoat, brown satchel, and a name tag.
Social media reacted with indignation, with some users claiming they were left “speechless” and calling the costume “tasteless.”
“There are better ways to commemorate Anne Frank. This is not one,” Carlos Galindo-Elvira, Arizona regional director of the Anti-Defamation League, tweeted. “We should not trivialize her memory as a costume.”
A spokesman for the store tweeted that the costume has been pulled, according to the Daily Mail.
“We sell costumes not only for Halloween, but for many uses outside of the Halloween season, such as school projects and plays,” the spokesman said. “We have passed along the feedback regarding this costume, and it has been removed from the website at this time.”
Anne Frank costume on Halloweencostumes.com has been pulled.

http://halloweencostumes.com
Halloween retailer pulls Anne Frank costume amid complaints | Daily Mail Online
Halloween store pulls

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Anne Franks father and a professional writer wrote the damn fairy tale,and that was proven in court, another interesting fact is that the bullshjt story was written with a ballpoint pen before they were commercially available. There is still no shortage of suckers for a sob story.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Anne Franks father and a professional writer wrote the damn fairy tale,and that was proven in court, another interesting fact is that the bullshjt story was written with a ballpoint pen before they were commercially available. There is still no shortage of suckers for a sob story.

Yeah, there's still no shortage of fukin morons. As you prove.

"The Netherlands Institute for War Documentation commissioned a forensic study of the manuscripts after the death of Otto Frank in 1980. The material composition of the original notebooks and ink, and the handwriting found within them and the loose version were extensively examined. In 1986, the results were published: The handwriting attributed to Anne Frank was positively matched with contemporary samples of Anne Frank's handwriting, and the paper, ink, and glue found in the diaries and loose papers were consistent with materials available in Amsterdam during the period in which the diary was written.[52]"

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I would guess that Institute endured very heavy criticism and threats of violence even, and wrote a glowing report. What would be a contemporary sample of AFs handwriting? Everyone changes history to fit. Nonsence, I can't prove anything to you.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
You used the same ol pizza joke again because the word Wiener stuck in your throat?
;)

I hear they are going to take his (Weinershtien)'s MBE away. He had one like that pedo Seville had one...and you don't let you get anywhere near the queen without them knowing all about you now do they?

Jimmy Savile Pedo Scandal: Will BBC Report on the BBC?

...Killing the story has impugned the BBC’s integrity...
https://redice.tv/news/jimmy-savile-pedo-scandal-will-bbc-report-on-the-bbc

Go figure...

eta
Harveys brother Bob is now being accused ...geez

Last edited:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
The Nile runs deep in the collective, who else would intentionally they a have an IQ that is less than 50, at best. That they follow me around to every post shows just how big of a threat an honest person is. It also shows they get weaker the more there are of them when they go into pak mode. It's better than have them scattered around really, sucks as far as having a sounding board to run new theories past. That being said 2 people working on thee same thing doesn't always speed that part up, it does make the final product at least 10 better than a person can develop by himself. If the troll method is used against a troll it doesn't last very long and the troll might get permanently damaged. DB and I ended up on the same side against ES. The only thing pretty about is it was short, real short. lol.

The trolls don't realize that by coming out from under the bridge they have left their realm and entered that of another being. Light creatures if you will. It is a change for the troll and it is not the successful invasion the troll believes it to be.
Being stubborn beings that trolls are they do not believe that letting the old ways go is sometimes the only way to move forward. What they mistake for fighting is dancing without the music.
Jews, in particular, were given instructions so they should know better. If they are holding back knowledge it is to their shame. If we don't care enough to correct bad behavior the shame belongs with us. God sent Jacob to Egypt as a slave and because Jacob had some good ideas that the leaders saw as good ideas he became important. Important enough that when a lot of relatives came there was room made for them for the next 430 years.

In that 430 years that God determined they would need before they were 'strangers to Him'. That had more to do with a new set of laws that God was a so angry it took that long to calm down.

They come under a new set of laws when they are gathered by their God, that transition will be even bigger than the cross was. The law we are now under seems to have a book written by a single group over eons of time and 'we' have had that text and a bit more yet both groups simply don't have a fuking clue what any of it means in a big way, let alone covering the nitty gritty details of all of it. That was on an active thread when I arrived and the replies are of the same quality that Cliffy delivers on every thread. Muslims are treated even worse even though their posts are mild compared to my version of what a chat looks like under the bridge. Since I was already pretty careful to be 3 documents ahead of what I posted I should have been troll resistant. Gerr is typical of the trolls that are alerted should you make an unacceptable post in some thread. It doesn't matter which thread as your rep for all threads is made on that one.

I would say my qualifications for Christian Theology are 'above expert' and that is based on more than my imagination. Ge:1 covered on a board where Jews monitored it yet one was kind enough to be chatty and we covered the quality of the text I was using compared to his original version. Anything other than the 1611KJV text would have failed. That was also where the concept of an old earth creation first grabbed my interest.

In places like that the last post is the winner. My last post asked him if there was ever any discussion of what 'they' (Rabbis in particular) should do if a Gentile came around with more answers than questions. This place doesn't allow for deep conversations and the dynamics of why that is wasn't hard to find. I just take it that my posts are probably above the IQ of most of the posters here.
They call themselves winners, yet here they are, stuck with having somebody like me visit as much as I do and it takes all of them to make sure my voice is as small as possible.
Perhaps it is time to make a commitment and call it 'home'

Bad pizza?
That what people been saying about yours?? Tasteless, so is dust for the most part. Pizza is slippery and wet how could it be tasteless? Perhaps it needs to have a few toppings added.
[youtube]NOwXqIFikAM[/youtube]
Billy Idol - White Wedding

eta
Harveys brother Bob is now being accused ...geez
The Kaptain of the Titanic swerved around one berg, he didn't count on more being around.

The club that ejected him would be a club where it wasn't an incident, it was a way of life. You wanted something you paid for it no matter how much it cost. The girls were to leave smiling their faces off, with real smiles. House, car, anything short of a career, that still takes talent. They probably have their own awards night if SNL is looking for some new material.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Boo, Hiss, off with her balls if she had any.

I think the OP might be anti-Semitic. She does threads like this every now and then even though they are known to be quite sensitive about, . . . a lot of things really.
Honesty is not an award in any of the awards they have for themselves.