Gun-toting woman divides community

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
a concealed weapon is illegal.

In Canada it is, sure, but the article takes place in Pennsylvania where all you need to carry a concealed weapon is a permit. So, it would not be illegal for her to carry a concealed gun.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Lets see. If she wandered intot the local PTA meeting or "Bingo". Would people feel "comfortable? Do you think anybody would get up and leave?

Should this nutbar, even be allowed around kids? For that matter allowed around people?

Maybe she's using her Glock on the off chance that she drives by a deer? Why, she could whip out her trusty sidearm and blow the things head off. Food for the kids...:idea:

Yeah, maybe if you're this lady:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
a concealed weapon is illegal.

Reading comprehension is not one of your strong points, is it?

The woman had a permit for concealed carry.

No permit is required in most US states to carry a firearm openly.

All this was covered in the article.

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
Were I a member of that community, I'd exercise my constitutional right to kick her in the face and disarm her...

Guns don't scare me, I've been around them most of my life, but people who feel the need to carry a gun do for protection do...and I would be irresonponsible if I were not to show them the error in their thinking...

Guns don't protect people, ensuring that you present no threat and reason to be kicked in the face does...

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
funny... all I read there is 'agree with me and act how I dictate, or meet violence'. And while I'm not a gun advocate, I can't help but think that sort of thinking kind of proves the point of gun advocates.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Well it is karrie, but sometimes personal freedoms need to be suspended for the common good...;-)

Please explain, in detail, what "common good" is served by removing this woman's rights?

Besides a few hysterical soccer Moms being required to wash their peed-in panties.

Hardly a desperate situation requiring action for the "common good", IMHO.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Kill, kill, kill. Guns, guns, guns. Well I guess that is the reality in 'Merica. Give me a gun or give me death. Ya! Umm. Nevermind.

Remember.

Guns don't kill people.

People with guns kill people. 8O

Caveat: guns = all legal and illegal weapons

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
I hope that this never happens, but if she accidentally shoots one of the children that she is caring for who will she blame? She does not come across as the sort of person who should be having a gun. A soccer game? Come on!:roll:

Lets be realistic here. You cannot accidentally shoot a kid with a holstered gun. If she's drawing the gun, that means there is damn reason.

For farks sakes here, she loads the kids into a god damn deathmobile to get to the soccer game.

Did you never stop to notice why kids have so many safety items required by law to be in a car? Each safety device is the result of a hundred or so children dying.

People are freaked out by guns, they are scared and irrational. Ok, thats fine I accept their right to be freaked out.

But I have dealt with my fair share of people (like Menonites) who are freaked out by cars and think they are dangerous and want to keep their kids away from them.

They don't have a right to tell me not to drive though (even though its real easy to run over a kid who runs in your path).

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Were I a member of that community, I'd exercise my constitutional right to kick her in the face and disarm her...

Guns don't scare me, I've been around them most of my life, but people who feel the need to carry a gun do for protection do...and I would be irresonponsible if I were not to show them the error in their thinking...

Guns don't protect people, ensuring that you present no threat and reason to be kicked in the face does...

Awesome thought process.

If there is no danger at all to people, lets revoke all our Amber Alert and Megan's Laws.

And our anti-rape legislation, bypassing simpler crimes like grand theft auto.

My god, you've solved all our problems. I assume when you see a police officer with a gun you also kick them in the face in disarm them?

How many cops have you kicked in the face?

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Lets be realistic here. You cannot accidentally shoot a kid with a holstered gun. If she's drawing the gun, that means there is damn reason.

For farks sakes here, she loads the kids into a god damn deathmobile to get to the soccer game.

Did you never stop to notice why kids have so many safety items required by law to be in a car? Each safety device is the result of a hundred or so children dying.

People are freaked out by guns, they are scared and irrational. Ok, thats fine I accept their right to be freaked out.

But I have dealt with my fair share of people (like Menonites) who are freaked out by cars and think they are dangerous and want to keep their kids away from them.

They don't have a right to tell me not to drive though (even though its real easy to run over a kid who runs in your path).

Twice now. Twice, I have said that I was NOT talking about a holstered gun going off accidentally.;-)

And you can look at it both ways. Maybe she is the scared and irrational one because she feels the need to carry the gun everywhere. Two differing opinions, and they can both be considered right depending on who you ask.:smile:

If she wants to carry it around, fine, but I do not think it is needed at a soccer game. She doesn't seem to have a problem not taking it to school, why should she have a problem not taking it to a soccer game?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
It is not possible to talk rationally about guns in the U.S.. First of all the bearing of arms has been enshrined in their consttution for two hundred years or so, and that is how far out of date their stupid law is. I can still see some twit like Charlton Heston talking about the right to bear arms with his hand over his heart like it was a sacred rite that Moses brought down from the mount. There is at least one city in the U.S. where it is mandatory to have a gun. In a crowd of 500 people there is one dope carrying a gun. (I don't mean policemen) Of that 500 people, who is the most dangerous? The answer is obvious. The most dangerous person in that crowd is the nut with the Lone Ranger complex and the gun. 30,000 people are shot dead every year in the U.S.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
It is not possible to talk rationally about guns in the U.S.. First of all the bearing of arms has been enshrined in their consttution for two hundred years or so, and that is how far out of date their stupid law is. I can still see some twit like Charlton Heston talking about the right to bear arms with his hand over his heart like it was a sacred rite that Moses brought down from the mount. There is at least one city in the U.S. where it is mandatory to have a gun. In a crowd of 500 people there is one dope carrying a gun. (I don't mean policemen) Of that 500 people, who is the most dangerous? The answer is obvious. The most dangerous person in that crowd is the nut with the Lone Ranger complex and the gun. 30,000 people are shot dead every year in the U.S.

55% of those 29,569 deaths in 2004 were suicides. Hardly preventable by gun control, as easily shown by comparing stats.....Canada and the USA have roughly comparible suicide rates, with Canada's rate being slightly higher,while the rate in Japan is through the roof, despite Japan having the lowest gun deaths on earth.

List of countries by suicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And, gun ownership in the USA is higher than it ever has been........and laws restricting guns in the USA have become more relaxed over the last 20 years, but violent crime and murder rates have both fallen dramatically.

NRA-ILA :: Guns, Gun Ownership, & RTC at All-Time Highs, Less "Gun Control," and Violent Crime at 30-Year Low

The idea that more guns causes crime and murder is easily shown to be mistaken......

And where, exactly do you get the implausible idea that rights become "outdated"?????

If so, when does the "best before" date expire on our right to free speech, to be free from unreasonable search, to elect our gov'ts, to a fair and speedy trial????

Last edited:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Twice now. Twice, I have said that I was NOT talking about a holstered gun going off accidentally.;-)

And you can look at it both ways. Maybe she is the scared and irrational one because she feels the need to carry the gun everywhere. Two differing opinions, and they can both be considered right depending on who you ask.:smile:

If she wants to carry it around, fine, but I do not think it is needed at a soccer game. She doesn't seem to have a problem not taking it to school, why should she have a problem not taking it to a soccer game?

Why should she have to be embarassed or challenged because she exercises her rights?

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Why should she have to be embarassed or challenged because she exercises her rights?

I never said she would be embarassed or challenged. Why would her not wearing that gun make her feel either of those ways?

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
I wonder why the richest country in the world has more murders than most. Seems to me the murder rate is an indication of how civilized the country is.

GunCite-Gun Control-International Homicide Comparisons

Its a shame none of the years these numbers are from are even remotely comparable. Declaring the US "the richest country" is a bit off too.

Its a nation of 300 million, not 6 or 7 million. There is a vast difference between regions. There is as big a difference between some parts of the USA as there is between some parts of the EU (another region of about the same size).

There is a difference between the suburbs of Maine and the outback of Kentucky as there is between Paris and Eastern Slovakia.

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
I wonder why the richest country in the world has more murders than most. Seems to me the murder rate is an indication of how civilized the country is.

Probably the same reason they have the highest incarceration rate in the world.

It edges ever closer to being a police state with each passing yr. Homeland security, wiretaps, unlawful arrest and confinement, lack of due process, the Patriot Act, the list is endless

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

The United States has serious problems with poverty, large unstable inner cities, boys raised without fathers as a cultural norm, gangsta culture itself.......

To make the point that gun control has little to do with it, I would use the example of Louisianna, where gun control is a very dirty word. Louisianna has by far the worst murder rate in The United States.......12.4 per 100,000 per year average in the fice years between 2003 and 2007. No other state comes close to this murder rate.

But, let's go north, to the land of stringent gun control........where Nunavut, in the five years between 2003 and 2007, celebrated an average murder rate of 11.9 per 100,000 per year.....higher than 49 out of 50 states.

Murder Rates 1996 - 2007 | Death Penalty Information Center

Homicide offences, number and rate, by province and territory

I once did a comparison of the northwestern USA and Canada.....I looked for states with lax gun laws, just across the border from Canada (similar culures, demographics) with roughly comparable populations. What I found surprized me........murder rates in the pistol-packing US west (practically no gun control, "assault" rifles and 30 round mags A-OK, everybody's got a .45 pistol, and are allowed to carry it) were lower than the murder rates in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta............not only that, but the rates in the NW USA showed a downward trend, while in good ole "let's be gunless 'cause we're so morally superior to Yanks" Canada the murder rate was higher.....and rising.

Inner cities in the USA, where gun laws are often very tough, blow their murder rates way out of proportion.

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/conservative-lounge/49782-gun-control-completely-useless.html