Globe & Mail Chastises Cons For Oil Reliance

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Re: Globe & Mail Chastises Cons dFor Oil Reliance

See post #2. After that you can dig on your own if you don't believe us. That is not even including equalization funds.
Yes, there are equalization funds, right now just as Alberta has received them in the past and will likely do so again in a few years time.

"Massive Infusions" is an extreme overstatement. You must really hate people from the East. Is that it? We're all bums with our hands out?

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta

That is happening to the entire industrial West, not just Ontario. The Americans, British have a far deeper case of postindustrialitis than we do, thus far.

If you check my initial post I said that it was Jean Chretien's Team Canada. So, I wasn't just saying Ontario, but Ontario used to be the manufacturing hub of Canada. Western society has sold it's soul to the devil when it comes to manufacturing.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

If you check my initial post I said that it was Jean Chretien's Team Canada. So, I wasn't just saying Ontario, but Ontario used to be the manufacturing hub of Canada. Western society has sold it's soul to the devil when it comes to manufacturing.

Ontario is still the manufacturing hub of Canada as no significant hubs outside of Quebec or Ontario have yet emerged. The economics of manufacturing in a place like BC or Alberta are just silly unless you are willing to pay your workers like Chinese peasants. The East has a manufacturing tradition that goes back before WWI but it is clearly winding down, now probably forever. The same thing is happening in a big way to the south of us, too and in Europe.

Last edited:

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
So you self identify as a freeloader. Good for you.

So what is shoveling money off the back of a truck called?

Oh right.. welfare.

This low oil situation may very well last for years, BTW. It is not going to perk up in the spring, this time. You will not be shovelling money to Easterners for very much longer.

Isn't it a goddam shame that Newfoundland is being knocked back into "have not" status after finally becoming a winner. They are in the same boat as Alberta without having an agricultural sector to help out. Their fishery would have been an equivalent to that but that is also gone forever.