Global Warming ‘Greatest Scam in History’

Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Just for the kid's benefit: simply posting an article or a link does not necessarily make the OP an advocate or detractor of said post. Give it a rest. It's news lad.

Don't you understand? Any... and I mean ANY decension and opposition to the GW crowd must be met with swift condemnation and ridicule... and stats on swimming polar bears.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Don't you understand? Any... and I mean ANY decension and opposition to the GW crowd must be met with swift condemnation and ridicule... and stats on swimming polar bears.

It's punch and counter punch man.

What is there to expect when the language calls people gullible for being by duped by a scam, call them whacko, and accuse them of manipulation (irony)? They strike back. It's a political monster.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I find it amusing that the guy that says Canadian homeless are homeless by choice is calling others stupid and illiterate.

This is what I wrote:
I'm sure the problem here is not nearly as severe in Canada as it is in the U.S.. My reasoning is simply that we don't have nearly the same percentage of soldiers serving in the various trouble spots in the world. I don't say we do not have a problem with homeless people because we do, but I would say that our soldiers don't as a general rule, end up homeless.
I have real trouble understanding homeless people in Canada because there are so many safety nets to keep people from that condition, that I suspect that a lot of the homeless in Canada are there by choice. People who have a real problem have my support and sympathy. I would gladly support increased taxes to solve this problem in a reasonable manner.

When I was working, I worked on several projects that involved hiring people off the street. What I found amazing was the number of "homeless" people who didn't want jobs, didn't want low income housing, or any part of what was being offered. Do you want to speculate?

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007

Science is all about questioning. The majority of scientists are behind human caused climate change, but the opposing view held by a minority of scientists is getting equal time in the media due to the disinformation campaign by the fossil fuel lobby. So the real scam is being commited by Exxon Mobil and other special interests.

Calling Global Warming a scam is fringe science at best, there is clear evidence from around the world that human driven warming is occuring and is having serious consequences already. Don't complain when you aren't able to defend your position because the evidence doesn't support your claims.

Last edited:

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Warming to debate the art of hypocrisy

By Andrew Bolt
November 09, 2007 12:00am
Article from: </IMG>
Font size: + -
Send this article: Print Email

THE telling thing about the global warming faith is that it's preached almost entirely by hypocrites. As you're about to see in tropical technicolour next month.

You see, more often than not a global warming prophet is a frequent flyer who's just stepped out of business class to demand you cut the very gases he's just blasted out the back of his jet.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22727729-5007146,00.html#

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
The majority of scientists are behind human caused climate change, but the opposing view held by a minority of scientists is getting equal time in the media due to the disinformation campaign by the fossil fuel lobby.

Don't feed the conspiracists with language like that. That language is hedging. Say that the current working theory has working science, and those opposing it are still looking for that silver bullet, without luck.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
I'm not playing with words like them, that's the real situation. The Fossil Fuel lobby is also fueling the Global Warming debate to protect profits just like Big Tobacco did.

The Global Warming deniers have been around almost as long as those trying to do something about the issue.

"They patterned what they did after the tobacco industry," says former senator Tim Worth, quoted early in the article. The key tactic? Creating doubt in the minds of both policymakers and the public by disputing the science behind global warming. As soon as then-senator Al Gore brought global warming to Washington’s attention in 1988, groups with benign names such as the Global Climate Coalition and the Information Council on the Environment, which were actually lobbyist groups from the petroleum, steel, auto, and utilities companies, began an all-out war to contradict the overwhelming body of science that supported global warming.

http://kellibestoliver.greenoptions.com/2007/08/09/newsweek-takes-on-global-warming-deniers/

It's a very well funded campaign and has everything to do with protecting an industry that is causing the problem and nothing to do with real science.

Last edited:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
That is not proof and it's still rubbish.!!

I am laughing... How is that rubbish?

Is that not Gores company? Is that not how he offsets his grotesque energy use? Does that company not sell carbon credits? Is the Carbon Credit industry regulated?

Perfect example of how the TRUTH HURTS.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Don't feed the conspiracists with language like that. That language is hedging. Say that the current working theory has working science, and those opposing it are still looking for that silver bullet, without luck.

Is there truly a silver bullet for either side? There are arguments for both sides.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Is there truly a silver bullet for either side? There are arguments for both sides.

Silver bullet? We're talking science here not werewolves. There is clear evidence for Global Warming and a link to releases of greenhouse gases from human activities.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
No, there is no silver bullet. The case is, there are mounds of evidence from Physicists, Chemists, Biologists, Climatologists, even Mathematicians and Statisticians. It's all converging, multiple lines of work that have built up the theory. That's why it's called a theory.

There are scientists who are trying to pick away at it, like any other theory in the history of science. Very notable if you can, highly unlikely.

All the newspapers that talk endlessly about Gore this and Gore that, and the scientists who are saying he's wrong. Well there is no liability in the print for things like that. The public relies on a media that makes it's living at showing you what they think is the story. It's a distraction that has been perverted into truth. Media= editorial, always.

After years of this being in the news, and people witnessing changes around the world, public opinion has embraced that theory which shows we are at least part of the cause, and most likely the largest single contributor right now. So there are those in the media and their friends who have tried to campaign against it since the issue first arose, and they will continue to do so.

Change is a coming. Carbon taxes will be a reality. Standardized renewable portfolios will be mandatory. Cap and trades will be mandatory. Those with the trillion dollar infrastructure will have to take a hit, after decades of growing fat.

At this point now, it is they who need the silver bullet.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Rothmans declares 16% increase to regular quarterly dividend and reports strong results for second quarter of fiscal 2008

07:00 EDT Friday, October 26, 2007

http://www.globeinvestor.com/servle...enerator&date=20071026&archive=cnw&slug=C8541

So?

Big Tobacco has moved offshore to countries where there is little or no regulation and is enjoying the same kind of profits it did before the real hazards of smoking became known here.

You're making my point about how immoral corporations will do anything to turn a profit despite the negative effects to large numbers of people. The cancer rates in these countries is going to increase just as it did in North America due to tobacco smoke. Or maybe you want to deny that link also.

Last edited:

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007

Like I said, you're presenting a fringe view that isn't backed up by the majority of the evidence. I can look out my window and see all the dead pines from the beetle kill because we haven't had a decent cold snap since 1986 here. One where the temperature goes down to bellow 40C for more than a week. Instead we get mild winters and impressive heat waves in the summer that lead to massive forest fires.

That's just from looking out my window, scientists at both poles are seeing rapidly retreating ice packs, melting permafrost and the detatchment of entire ice shelfs like the Larsen B in Antarctica.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Silver bullet? We're talking science here not werewolves. There is clear evidence for Global Warming and a link to releases of greenhouse gases from human activities.

Hey the silver bullett part came from one of your allies.

There is only clear evidence that the earth is warming. That is all. Nobody debates the warming trend but the debate is over how much is the responsibilty of man.

Do you agree that there has always been warming and cooling trends in the history of the earth? Why is it suddenly man's fault?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Like I said, you're presenting a fringe view that isn't backed up by the majority of the evidence. I can look out my window and see all the dead pines from the beetle kill because we haven't had a decent cold snap since 1986 here. One where the temperature goes down to bellow 40C for more than a week. Instead we get mild winters and impressive heat waves in the summer that lead to massive forest fires.

That's just from looking out my window, scientists at both poles are seeing rapidly retreating ice packs, melting permafrost and the detatchment of entire ice shelfs like the Larsen B in Antarctica.

Now you are doing what GW people say NOT to do which is chose local weather patterns. For example last year was one of the coldest in the midwest of the US. When that was brought into the debate...

"STOP! THAT IS LOCAL WEATHER! IRRELEVANT!"

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Do you agree that there has always been warming and cooling trends in the history of the earth? Why is it suddenly man's fault?
Last I checked the previous swings were the Earth releasing greenhouse gases in response to physical changes in the climate system. Is the Earth releasing the stored greenhouse gases from it's sinks? No, we are liberating those sinks. The strongest correlation to greenhouse gas increases is our industrial activity. It's more than that even, there is causation. That applies equally to greenhouse induced global warming.

It's very simple, you release more greenhouse gases, and less radiation is reflected back to space. It's called the heat balance. That is an oversimplification of the entire climate system, but it is a strong forcing, and one of those convergent properties that make up the larger global warming theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.