Glen Beck, The climate of Fear

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Obama's Czars, 'Hand Puppets,' and 'Evil Despots,' Oh My!
http://www.businessandmedia.org/printer/2009/20090608154244.aspx By Lauren O'Reilly
Business & Media Institute
6/8/2009 3:49:47 PM

“Evil despots.”

Neil Cavuto thinks Obama’s czars should be labeled what they really are: “evil despots accountable to no one.”

The host of “Cavuto on FOX” heaped this and other insults onto Obama’s czars during a Jun. 6 panel discussion. The brazen comments came as the panel took turns criticizing Obama’s multitude of czars.

Since Obama took office in January, he has created new positions to enforce his agenda. A pay czar, regulatory czar, border czar, cyber czar, and Great Lakes czar who by the way is czar of Canada (hehehe) are among the multitude of appointed loyalists, numbering more than 20 by some accounts.

http://www.businessandmedia.org/articles/2009/20090608154244.aspx

snobeach

Well Preserved
Jun 23, 2008
Calgary
Do these guys actually have the word 'czar' in their title, or is it just a word used by anti-Obama types to make these positions sound worse than they really are?

Czar is part of their actual title. It's a title that has been used by the U.S. Federal Government for several decades.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Folks love the Beckster.

CABLE NEWS RACE
MONDAY, AUG. 24, 2009

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 3,440,000
FOXNEWS HANNITY 2,937,000
FOXNEWS BECK 2,810,000
FOXNEWS GRETA 2,450,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 2,066,000
FOXNEWS SHEP 1,860,000
MSNBC OLBERMANN 1,114,000
CNN KING 1,063,000
MSNBC MADDOW 885,000
CNN COOPER 827,000
MSNBC HARDBALL 640,000

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Glenn Beck 8/27/09

All this week we are asking questions; I may not have the answers, but power left unchecked can turn very ugly, very rapidly. So it's vital that we all question with boldness, hold to the truth and speak without fear.
You need to start asking questions:
Day 3
• Why does the FCC have a diversity "czar"?
• Who is Mark Lloyd and how does he plan to "balance" the airwaves?
• Will he bring back the Fairness Doctrine or worse?
• Cass Sunstein once said he wants to balance the Internet; is that next?
• Will broadcasters who leave the airwaves be allowed to go to satellite or Internet without government regulation?
• Is there any place (that has a mass audience) where the government wont regulate free speech?
• Why does it seem every member of the Obama advisory team hates capitalism, unless those companies (like G.E.) are in bed with the administration?
If Lloyd has his way, stations who don't comply to the governments definition of the "public interest" will have to pay a massive fine — that helps support public broadcasting:

• What will be the definition of "public interest"?
• Who defines "public interest"?
• Why should it be balanced? Because it's public airwaves? (Well, there are public roads that go by my house and I don't count how many Republicans and Democrats are driving on them)
Day 2
• Who is "surrounding" the president in the White House?
• Do any of the president's advisers have criminal records?
• Are the president's advisers working to better the country or their own ideals?
• Who are the anti-capitalists in Washington?
• What role do they have in crafting bills?
Show Info

Airs Weekdays at 5 p.m. ET

• What was "STORM"? What happened to the founders; where are they now?
• What qualifications must one have to be a presidential adviser?
• What is the difference between a community organizer and a community activist?
• Do the "czars" have power?
• Should a communist have the ear of the president of the United States?
• What role did the Apollo Alliance play in crafting bills?
• Does the president know the co-founder of the Weather Underground is a board member of the Apollo Alliance?
• How many people in the administration are connected to the Movement for a Democratic Society?
• What role does George Soros play... constitutionally?
Day 1
• Can we survive this debt? If yes, how?
• Why the rush on health care reform, cap-and-trade?
• Who is writing these bills?
• Will Washington read and understand the bills?
• Why are you called "grassroots" if you are for, but "Astroturf" if you are against?
• Our unfunded liabilities for Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid is close to $100 trillion. Is there any way to pay for these programs without bankrupting America?
• We are in so much debt, why spend more borrowed money on cap-and-trade and health care programs before we stop the flow of red ink?
• The stimulus package funneled billions of dollars to ACORN: How does giving billions of dollars to ACORN stimulate the economy?
• If it was so important for Congress to pass the stimulus bill before they even had time to read it, why has only a fraction of the stimulus money been spent six months later?
• Former President Bush said he had to abandon free market principles in order to save them; how exactly does that work?
• Why won’t member of Congress read the bills before they vote on them?
• Why are citizens mocked and laughed at when they ask their congressman to read the bills before they vote on them?
• Was the "cash for clunkers" program meant to save the Earth or the economy? Did it accomplish either?
• How did Van Jones, a self-proclaimed communist, become a special adviser to the president?
• Did President Obama know of Van Jones’ radical political beliefs when he named him special adviser?
• The Apollo Alliance claimed credit for writing the stimulus bill; why was this group allowed to write any portion of this bill?
• If politicians aren’t writing the bills and aren’t reading the bills, do they have any idea what these 1,000-page plus bills actually impose on the American people?
• If the "public option" health care plan is so good, why won’t politicians agree to have that as their plan?
• If town hall meetings are intended for the politicians to learn what’s on our mind, why do they spend so much time talking instead of listening?
• Politicians are refusing to attend town hall meetings complaining, without evidence, that they are scripted. Does that mean we shouldn’t come out and vote for you since every campaign stop, baby kiss and speech you give is scripted?
• Why would you want to overwhelm the system?
• Is using the economic crises to rush legislation through Congress what Rahm Emanuel meant when he talked about not letting a crisis go to waste?
• What are the president's "czars" paid? What is the budget for their staffs/offices?

Glenn Beck - FOXNews.com

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
The Real Van Jones Scandal: Why Glenn Beck Is Right

By Jeffrey Lord on 9.4.09 @ 6:10AM
As a former White House aide myself, there are two incidents that tell me Glenn Beck is right in asking his questions about Van Jones. Two incidents that ask an even more serious question than anything asked about Jones himself.
The question: What did the Obama White House know about Van Jones and when did they know it?
Jones, the Obama White House "green jobs” adviser, is getting in deeper trouble by the minute with revelations of his radical statements about being a Communist, having been twice arrested, and, in the last few hours, with news surfacing that he had signed onto a petition accusing the Bush administration of being responsible for 9/11, making him, in the vernacular, a "Truther” -- one of those paranoid nuts who believes George W. Bush ordered the 9/11 attacks. All this is before the amusingly crazy piece of videotape of Jones labeling Obama's GOP opponents "A-holes.”
Jones, almost by the hour, is being belatedly vetted by the New Media because the Old Media took a pass -- and the White House itself had no intention of speaking up until called upon.
You must be asking: is it really this easy to work at the White House? Can you really have done a jail stretch, actually been twice arrested (once during the Rodney King riots and a second time during the 1999 free trade riots in Seattle) and work in the White House? Can you even get into the White House when you have a history with the police?
Let's take that last question first.
In the way back of the Reagan White House, the word went out as it always does in any White House that there was to be a quick gathering which would require the President to have an immediate, physical audience while he gave a speech in front of cameras. This happens all the time in the White House. Events occur, things happen, someone somewhere in the hierarchy feels the need to get the President in front of cameras ASAP. The staff hops, calls go out to local political friendlies, bodies fill chairs and the President speaks on camera to a room filled with people.
On this particular occasion I received just such a call. Taking out a lengthy list, I picked several names at random, many of whom I did not know, and began dialing for bodies. No one said "no.” Who says no to an invitation to hang out in the White House with the President?
My calls made, invitations accepted, an hour -- an hour -- before the event, I got a call from the Secret Service. Guest X (no name, sorry) was not acceptable to the Secret Service. I was astonished. Never in four years in the White House had I ever been told such a thing. This must be a mistake, no? No, came the Very Stern answer. Emphatically no. On a confidential basis the reason was explained to me. I winced. Gee, I had no idea. The police? Yikes.
Hanging up the phone, the clock ticking, I realized I had two options. Get the President to personally overrule this -- or track the guest down pre-cell phones and disinvite. Not much choice there, so Option Number Two it was. The call went immediately to the guest's home. The guest was retrieved from getting in a waiting car that about to head to the White House. I was mortified.
To the guest's everlasting credit, I was off the hook in the gentlest of fashions. The guest knew the record, but of course. In fact, the guest was amazed that any White House invitation would be forthcoming, because the police record was indisputably the record.
To say the least, this was a startling if unexpected reminder of something that I and every other person who had contact with the White House -- then and presumably even more so in this post-9/11 -- knew.
No one enters the physical White House as a guest unless the Secret Service has vetted them.
But it was also a sharp reminder of the ground rules for everyone who actually has the privilege -- and that word is key, here -- the privilege to work for a president of the United States.
As I had personally experienced -- as every single one of my colleagues had experienced -- if you work for the president, you assent to making your life an open book. In my case, and that of my Reagan colleagues of the day, very thick forms had to be filled out that recounted, specifically for security purposes, almost every single aspect of your personal life. As I recall, I had to supply the literal address of every home where I had resided since birth. Really. They wanted everything.
In my case, nerdy political soul that I was, I was ready for this questionnaire somewhere around kindergarten. I passed -- along with every one of my colleagues that I can recall -- with flying colors.
But the question here in the Van Jones case -- as it would have been for me and my Reagan colleagues is very simple. What if I, like the White House guest I had invited, had a police record? Had a seriously questionable set of quite public and quite wacky, well-articulated views captured on video tape? What if I had been a Democrat with a father or older brother in the Ku Klux Klan? What if I had been a John Bircher? What if I had been signing on to documents that accused President Eisenhower of being a Communist? What if I had tagged along with Jane Fonda and gone to North Vietnam to mug for the cameras?
The answer is simple. The only way that I could have gotten a clearance to work for a President Ronald Reagan would be if the President, the First Lady or the Chief of Staff to the President specifically overruled the Secret Service.
That's it. There was then, and surely is now, no other way.
Which is to say, Van Jones is in the White House this minute because someone -- or several someones -- knew his problems and quite deliberately overruled the Secret Service. That would be someone of very considerable power.
So.
Here are the questions Glenn Beck and others should be asking, based on my own personal experience:
• Who on the White House staff cleared Van Jones?
• What was that person's connection to Van Jones or Mr. Jones's political sponsor?
• Who, exactly, was Mr. Jones' sponsor for this job? How much money did he/she contribute to the Obama campaign?
• Did the Secret Service notify anyone on the White House staff -- or the President or First Lady or Vice President Biden -- that Mr. Jones had an arrest record on file with police in two cities?
• Did the Secret Service protest any of this, objecting to Mr. Jones' clearance?
• If the Secret Service did object, who overruled them? The President? The Chief of Staff? Someone else?
• If the answer to this last question is yes, and the Secret Service was overruled by the President or someone else, why did this happen?
• The White House is a busy place. But there are always answers to questions like these.
If they are asked.
Mr. Beck is asking. Other people are now starting to ask.
It's about time for some answers.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
CABLE NEWS RACE
Tuesday, Sept. 15, 2009

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 4,039,000
FOXNEWS HANNITY 3,451,000
FOXNEWS BECK 3,421,000
FOXNEWS GRETA 2,785,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 2,273,000
FOXNEWS SHEP SMITH 2,201,000
MSNBC OLBERMANN 1,395,000
MSNBC MADDOW 1,369,000
CNN KING 1,355,000
CNN COOPER 1,086,000

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
"Do people actually take Glenn Beck seriously?"

Polygong, have you ever watched Glen Beck on FOXNews Network?

Or are you just parroting the garbage you take as truth from NBC?