Gender Neutral Anthem? REALLY?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
"So, what kind of music do you have here?"
"Oh, we have both kinds! Country AND Western!"
-- The Blues Brothers

Country and Western!! What other kind of music would you want?

I just saw a clip from Global News about a private member's bill to be debated about changing our National Anthem to a Gender Neutral Anthem. Now I did listen to the article, and when the song was originally written it did not say "in all our sons command" However the article goes on to say it was changed in 1913... Now maybe its just me, but it seems to me it was reworded to HONOUR our soldiers that fought in the first world war. With that being said... This dumb *** in quebec feels that it should be changed back to more of the original wording. Sure.. Lets just do that and look at the people that it was changed for and go piss on their graves... You know who I'm talking about... The soldiers that died in World War 1. Lets just slap them in the face and say, Thanks for coming out, but it appears we have offended someone with our anthem that was changed to HONOUR YOU. I have said it before, and I will say it again, People need to realize that being offeneded is a part of every day life, I'm offended by having to pay for a foot bath in a public university so Muslims can wash their feet. I'm not muslim wtf do I care about them having to wash their feet, tell them to pay for their own damned footbath. I'm offended that idiots like Justin Trudeau can go on to TV and say and I quote, "Canada Made their choice for a Liberal Government". When in fact he should have said it like it truely is, Ontario and Quebed made the choice. Lets really start to realize that I DON'T GIVE A DAMN if I offend someone, Here is a hammer, some nails, some wood... Build a bridge and get over it.

I'm sorry, It appears my give a crap is broken and I am not paying to get it fixed.
Have a great day all.

I was getting concerned until I reached "idiots like Justin Trudeau"...............................good post!

No, there are 2 official languages in Canada. French and English. The only 2 languages that matter.

Not sure I agree! What is the chief language spoken in Nunavut? It might not be English!
http://www.tusaalanga.ca/book/export/html/2203

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Really, you have a link showing that they care that their language is not one of the official languages of Canada?

It may not be an official language for federal purposes in the sense of the Official Languages Act, but it does indeed carry some official status as a significant part of Canadian culture. It is one of the two official Inuit languages of Nunavut, and it also carries official recognition in the Nunavik area of Québec. It is even mentioned in Québec's Charter of the French Language.

Some of our honourable senators have even spoken in Inuktitut during proceedings in the Senate of Canada; our honourable Senators Corbin and Keon championed creating a process for Inuktitut translation to be accommodated in the Senate, to make the proceedings of the Upper House more accessible to Canada's Inuk peoples — a substantial advancement, given that many Inuk speak neither English nor French. It may not be capital-O "official," but it's significant.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
It may not be an official language for federal purposes in the sense of the Official Languages Act, but it does indeed carry some official status as a significant part of Canadian culture. It is one of the two official Inuit languages of Nunavut, and it also carries official recognition in the Nunavik area of Québec. It is even mentioned in Québec's Charter of the French Language.

Some of our honourable senators have even spoken in Inuktitut during proceedings in the Senate of Canada; our honourable Senators Corbin and Keon championed creating a process for Inuktitut translation to be accommodated in the Senate, to make the proceedings of the Upper House more accessible to Canada's Inuk peoples — a substantial advancement, given that many Inuk speak neither English nor French. It may not be capital-O "official," but it's significant.

So, you quoted my question and then rambled, without answering the question I might add. When did you say you were running for political office?

Frankiedoodle

Electoral Member
Aug 21, 2015
Saskatchewan
There was a contest between care aides in my mother's care home. One of the parts was to sing O'Canada. They were both in their mid-forties. Neither of them came close to singing it a quarter of the wat through. Mind you my 4 year old grand daughter can sing it, all the way through but her parents are big sports fan, so they hear the anthem often (she also knows the Riders fight song)