Fly by CIA stupidly or crass publicity stunt

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
“flight operating costs are $56,518 per hour for Air Force One.”, I would love to see the breakdown of the costs just to see how many hookers they had to get aboard to make costs that high. Once the initial plane is paid for (not really part of the operating costs anyway) why is it more expensive to run than a normal 747. Everyone on board is paid separately so even that is not an operating cost as they get paid whether or not the plane is even moving.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
still wondering how the CIA fits into this.
Isn't the Secret Service part of the CIA? That some were warned means air traffic and air guard. etc, etc. That only means they would have known that it was going to happen not that it was their operation. If the plane was pilot-less then they might be using some equipment inspired by CIA types decades ago. I'm not all that sure that the CIA takes orders from the NSA, even though the FBI and below do. That secrecy also leaves open the possibility that these alphabet agencies from other Nations are more friendly with each other than at odds (the version we are fed). Making both WW's their form of the old Roman Arenas.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Isn't the Secret Service part of the CIA?

Different agency, different mandate. The CIA is an intelligence agency,forbidden (by law) from acting with the borders of the US, the Secret Service is the President's bodyguards, in the US and abroad. Totally different scope of operations.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
isn't the secret service part of the cia? That some were warned means air traffic and air guard. Etc, etc. That only means they would have known that it was going to happen not that it was their operation. If the plane was pilot-less then they might be using some equipment inspired by cia types decades ago. I'm not all that sure that the cia takes orders from the nsa, even though the fbi and below do. That secrecy also leaves open the possibility that these alphabet agencies from other nations are more friendly with each other than at odds (the version we are fed). Making both ww's their form of the old roman arenas.

roflmfao

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
I thought it was the White House Advertising Dept. /sarcasm

Reactions: lone wolf

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
They could have just waited for an air show? It's pretty ridiculous on those who planned this to think that people wouldn't repond in terror, or even to gloss over the possibility. It's not rational, but terror usually isn't...

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I can see how people who lived through 9/11 there would be a little off-put to see a 747 being "chased" by two fighter jets, especially so close to the ground and near Ground Zero. I would probably be worried if I had been there as well.
Ya, I too feel the need to rip the throats out of Muslims and Serbs, after being in Bosnia. :roll:

Irrational fear is what the bad guys want us to have...

I refuse.

A "Hologram" would have been even cheaper;-):lol:
:lol:

CIA: Cripes! It's Another....

Isn't the Secret Service part of the CIA? That some were warned means air traffic and air guard. etc, etc. That only means they would have known that it was going to happen not that it was their operation. If the plane was pilot-less then they might be using some equipment inspired by CIA types decades ago. I'm not all that sure that the CIA takes orders from the NSA, even though the FBI and below do. That secrecy also leaves open the possibility that these alphabet agencies from other Nations are more friendly with each other than at odds (the version we are fed). Making both WW's their form of the old Roman Arenas.
For that! You deserve this...

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Attack.

I thought it was the White House Advertising Dept. /sarcasm

Last edited by a moderator: