First Nations girl chooses traditional medicine over chemo

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Re: 'Doctor' treating First Nations girls says cancer patients can heal themselves

They tried, a court ruled against them.

Thank gawd.

Why? Because you know her better than her parents, or herself?

They refer to the Constitution, which part? Which SCoC ruling?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Re: 'Doctor' treating First Nations girls says cancer patients can heal themselves

Then your choice would be to accept the chemo. I'm not sure what mine would be, it would depend on the circumstances and the cancer involved. But it can be torturous, many would say worse than the disease.

And chemo can severely damage your immune system.
I am aware of chemo and it's side effects. But not everyone pukes their guts out either. It is a crap shoot always as to the reaction.

Turning down a 90 to 95 percent cure rate is a big gamble with a child's life.

Some don't believe in blood transfusions...I worked with a Christian Scientist...her husband died from an infect toe...they don't believe in doctors.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

They refer to the Constitution, which part? Which SCoC ruling?
I haven't done any digging, not that it matters to me anyways. I don't think the courts should be allowed to intervene in cases like this.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

I think chemotherapy is so foul and horrendous I think anyone should have the right to refuse it. Having said that though I think there should be a special place in hell for charlatans who claim to be able to "cure" cancer.

From what I've been told, Chemo is much improved from what it was years ago.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

From what I've been told, Chemo is much improved from what it was years ago.
it's still really hard on the body though JLM, if I was say stage 4, I wouldn't go for it but with high odds for sure I would along with every other thing I could research that had helped others.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
That would be including yourself right?

I'll tell you what is interesting. It's interesting how you always seem to be able to ascertain the slightest of implied meanings behind anyone's expression when it comes to scoring some lame-assed internet argument point, yet nothing here is black and white enough for you.

Get off your ****ing high horse.

wow, I just heard the echo of that slap now. :lol:

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
hm guess I missed that but I presume it was meant for me and I will leave it at that.

nah, it hit bonehead...just click the orange arrow after a quote and it takes you to the related previous post.

Interesting. Except for Twila, nobody has expressed giving a sh*t whether this girl lives or dies.

Geez that must have been a long time ago, I can't even remember it. Lol.

Did whomever I was saying that to deserve it? Lol

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
hm guess I missed that but I presume it was meant for me and I will leave it at that.

Well seeing as how I'm stuck on my freaking iPad I can't go back to even see who i was talking to. So why don't you trot on back and when you discover that it's not all about you, I expect a ****ing retraction.

Jesus Christ.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Well seeing as how I'm stuck on my freaking iPad I can't go back to even see who i was talking to. So why don't you trot on back and when you discover that it's not all about you, I expect a ****ing retraction.

Jesus Christ.
Loc already did...I'm just used to being told to get off of my high horse.

my apology

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
By me?

Fine.

This is turning into a highly frustrating evening.
get off your f*cking Ipad...what's happening...give Zach some cuddles

noooooooooo not by you...lol

I just see the line now and figger it's mine