Facebook causes depression......

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
So, is it fair to say that you oppose people making free choices in a free market?

Well, you said his treatment is "overly harsh," and then said this "treatment" basically consists of his stock value falling. Amounts to saying it's wrong for people to decide to sell their Facebook shares and take their money elsewhere.

The value of the equities is a function of the free market expressed by the free will of the shareholders. That dynamic, in and of itself isn't a reflection of 'treatment' as it is an expression of the perceived faith that the market & shareholders have of FB itself.

The overly harsh level of treatment relates to being dragged before the Senate to respond to these accusations of a form of influence peddling.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The value of the equities is a function of the free market expressed by the free will of the shareholders. That dynamic, in and of itself isn't a reflection of 'treatment' as it is an expression of the perceived faith that the market & shareholders have of FB itself.

The overly harsh level of treatment relates to being dragged before the Senate to respond to these accusations of a form of influence peddling.

So what? What does that cost him, in dollars and cents?

Or even Canadian "money?"

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
So what? What does that cost him, in dollars and cents?

Or even Canadian "money?"

Hey, our "money" is our secret weapon in our trade with Daddy Warbucks down south. His "money" is so perennially overvalued that no one can afford to buy what he makes, anymore and poor Daddy Warbucks blames everyone else for it.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Zuckerberg still owns over 600 million shares of FB.

He should be quietly selling them off and not because of this little scandal. The kids have turned their backs on Facebook so further growth is unlikely. It is a mature product, now heading for the downslope because it has lost it's "cool" cache.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
He should be quietly selling them off and not because of this little scandal. The kids have turned their backs on Facebook so further growth is unlikely. It is a mature product, now heading for the downslope because it has lost it's "cool" cache.

I don't disagree at all with your comments on FB.

That said, with Zuckerberg being so closely tied with 'all things' Facebook, this event might cause some real volatility in that equity and it sure wouldn't be the first time that some Ibanks or institutional investors played this circumstance aggressively in order to make some cash

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I don't disagree at all with your comments on FB.

That said, with Zuckerberg being so closely tied with 'all things' Facebook, this event might cause some real volatility in that equity and it sure wouldn't be the first time that some Ibanks or institutional investors played this circumstance aggressively in order to make some cash

Your sympathy for a man who makes more in a minute than you will in your life is touching.

Or perhaps "touched."

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
You old timers have some good points but you're looking back on how it was to now.

If you want to figure this social media out you have to look at where it's taking people and unfortunately your handicapped by age.

Last edited:

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
Your sympathy for a man who makes more in a minute than you will in your life is touching.

Or perhaps "touched."

You need to get over the whole buddy-is-wealthier-than-me-therefore-I-wish-him-evil nonsense.

You'll be a better man for it and you sound a lot less like Cliffy

You old timers have some good points but you're looking back on how it was to now.

If you want to figure this social media out you have to look at where it's taking people and unfortunately your handicapped by age.

#1 - how old are you.
#2 - you'll do far better financially in the long run to understand that it's best (financially) to play the trends rather than get caught up in them.

Generally, you should learn this lesson in your 20s

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Actually, it is the older conservatives on this forum that are depressing and can make a body lose faith in humanity, bunch of old selfish, greedy, white privileged assholes.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Better to be a prog who hates his own race huh?
First off, I don't see how an anarchist can be a prog but I guess that is what comes from 2 dimensional thinking. Secondly, there is only one race, the human race. Old white conservatives are a sub-species unto themselves.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
I notice that Cliffy yearns to pin every problem on Earth on white Conservatives. Easy to rely exclusively on broad, over-used, antiquated, over-generalizations.

Mind you, it's doubtful that his ideological driven ideas of causation have any force whatsoever