kelowna bc
Sometimes what is unbecoming as a lawyer is also unbecoming as a journalist
in my opinion I use the term journalist loosely. He should be listed as an
entertainment lawyer

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
I don't follow Ezra's articles closely but I do know that he was the only Jounalist that wrote about most of Notleys's Chiefs of Staff were mostly from Ontario and they all had histories of Anti pipeline, Greenies and anti Oil positions. One even had a criminal record of violence against a women.

And this is all when Albertans are losing their jobs.

No other Jounalist touched this information.

It's important for the public to know just exacting the type of people your politian is hiring and the type of people your paying for.

Good for Ezra for being not part of the politically correct journalist.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Levant may have graduated from law school and been accepted to the bar, but if he never practiced law, then. the title of lawyer is useless and only hampers what he can and cannot say....

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Levant may have graduated from law school and been accepted to the bar, but if he never practiced law, then. the title of lawyer is useless and only hampers what he can and cannot say....
Ken Dryden was a lawyer while playing goalie for the Montreal Canadiens .

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Using the term "lawyer" and "ethics" in the same sentence is laughable unless lack thereof is inserted between them anyway.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Using the term "lawyer" and "ethics" in the same sentence is laughable unless lack thereof is inserted between them anyway.

I'm sure that there is honour between bottom feeders ... cat fish and crabs dividing up the spoils.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
I admire Ezra's tenacity,i have new respect for him.

The law society is a patronage,useless,ineffective body of dysfunction,Ezra should not even blink.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I love the spin that leftoids put on everything concerning Levant.......

Why did I resign as a lawyer?

posted by Ezra Levant | -5sc
March 03, 2016

I resigned as a member of the Law Society of Alberta yesterday. I actually had to apply for permission to quit.

Now, that’s not really news — I haven’t worked at a law firm in 13 years. I’m a journalist and activist. But for some reason, there were more than 100 news stories about my resignation.

I’ll tell you the reason: because it was a matter of freedom of speech.

You see, even though I was a non-practicing lawyer, I was still governed by the Law Society’s code of professional conduct. That’s supposed to discipline lawyers who do things like steal money from their clients — serious, professional malpractice. But there’s also a catch-all provision to discipline lawyers who engage in “unbecoming” conduct.

Well, over the last eight years, left-wing political extremists have abused that provision to file 26 nuisance complaints against me, claiming my journalism and political activism was “unbecoming”.
Here’s a video I made about complaints number 25 and 26:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLpVBYLk5qg

I had been a lawyer for almost sixteen years. So why did all these nuisance complaints start eight years ago? Because that’s when I launched my campaign against Canada’s corrupt human rights commissions, and their censorship powers.

Not a single one of these complaints against me was ever upheld. I resigned with a perfect record. But each time I’d beat one complaint, leftist activists would simply file a new one. Because it cost them nothing — and it cost me thousands of dollars to fight each complaint.

The process itself became the punishment. So I applied to get out. But not before I gave the Law Society a piece of my mind.

Here’s the statement that I read out at the Law Society’s headquarters:

Statement by Ezra Levant to the Law Society of Alberta
March 2, 2016

an be seen here Law Society of Alberta accepts Ezra Levant's resignation despite 2 complaints still pending - Calgary - CBC News

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
So he plays the victim card. That's a real surprise isn't it? Let's be clear on this, when the words "Freedom of Speech" come out of Ezra Levant's mouth the translation reads "Freedom to Slander". Funny how he's a journalist when someone accuses him of being a lawyer, until being a journalist doesn't suit his current agenda. This guy is a walking escape clause.