Ex-leader of Westboro Baptist reportedly on death bed

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Oh the sweet irony...check this out folks

Westboro Asks Public Not to Picket Phelps Funeral

Westboro: Our fecal matter is non-odoriferous....

Out of the respect Westboro obviously doesn't have, most decent folk wouldn't - but it does sort of show some questioning of conscience they asked.

A wall of silent backs lining the procession route might help drive that point home

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007

Huh. It looks to me like he sharted in his pants.

“This is a very difficult time for us,” the statement reads, “so we ask that the public have a little decency and respect by allowing us to mourn a great man who served God and tried to protect America from the threat of fags and perverts (i.e. gays and U.S. soldiers).”

Hmmm. Methinks that statement is not the best way to ask people to NOT protest the funeral.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

“This is a very difficult time for us,” the statement reads, “so we ask that the public have a little decency and respect by allowing us to mourn a great man who served God and tried to protect America from the threat of fags and perverts (i.e. gays and U.S. soldiers).”

Hmmm. Methinks that statement is not the best way to ask people to NOT protest the funeral.
It will be interesting to see what people do. I think it would be hard hitting to ignore them and see if they show up again at another funeral. If they turn up anywhere else ever again, it would be nice to have some pictures of their esteemed leader to rip up and cast in their faces. That would be overwhelming for them to see their dead leader disrespected in such a manner.

I wonder if they think he will rise again?

The interesting thing about this type of leader is for the most part they are followed only by the very needy and scared. Thus unless someone from the group develops a spine they will dissolve.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
It will be interesting to see what people do. I think it would be hard hitting to ignore them and see if they show up again at another funeral. If they turn up anywhere else ever again, it would be nice to have some pictures of their esteemed leader to rip up and cast in their faces. That would be overwhelming for them to see their dead leader disrespected in such a manner.

I wonder if they think he will rise again?

The interesting thing about this type of leader is for the most part they are followed only by the very needy and scared. Thus unless someone from the group develops a spine they will dissolve.

I think that some people will protest it just to thumb their noses at Westboro. If people do protest it, I don't expect there to be huge numbers of people there.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

Well, they're not known for their tact.