Environment Canada is issuing the first ever 'red alert' for B.C. ahead of approaching storms

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Smart move. Tat recognizes the severity of what has taken place......and potentially could happen in the next few days . This cannot be minimized of played down. Many have been affected in the most extreme way. with tragic devastation.

Glad that Justin came to see for himself..........

Highway closures in effect......... and life in a kind of "suspended animation" until the next storm passes through.(on Wed. )

BC has been hit extraordinarily hard this year with weather extremes......and the losses keep growing.;-(

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
It's overplayed and all preventable. BC's "good enough for now" attitude caught up and good enough wasn't enough.
I had a laugh reading this I was remembering back to the first time my brother from Onterrible drove with me on Highway 4 over to Ukee-poor bastard that drive must have taken 5 years off his life all he could see was us hurtling over sharp steep curves on the edges of precipices with no barrier of any type or being run down by shabby pickups driven by drooling drunken rednecks who didn't care if they lived or not and I swear he wore out the floor mat in the passenger side pressing his foot to the nonexistent pedal.

Twenty years later I drove him & the family up the Sea to Sky to Whistler and he must have lost another 5 years-I laughed all the way up 'n back.

Life is to be lived not cringed at.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Smart move. Tat recognizes the severity of what has taken place......and potentially could happen in the next few days . This cannot be minimized of played down. Many have been affected in the most extreme way. with tragic devastation.

Glad that Justin came to see for himself..........

Highway closures in effect......... and life in a kind of "suspended animation" until the next storm passes through.(on Wed. )

BC has been hit extraordinarily hard this year with weather extremes......and the losses keep growing.;-(
It is called rain , happens every fall . Get it , Rain. Fall ?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I had a laugh reading this I was remembering back to the first time my brother from Onterrible drove with me on Highway 4 over to Ukee-poor bastard that drive must have taken 5 years off his life all he could see was us hurtling over sharp steep curves on the edges of precipices with no barrier of any type or being run down by shabby pickups driven by drooling drunken rednecks who didn't care if they lived or not and I swear he wore out the floor mat in the passenger side pressing his foot to the nonexistent pedal.

Twenty years later I drove him & the family up the Sea to Sky to Whistler and he must have lost another 5 years-I laughed all the way up 'n back.

Life is to be lived not cringed at.
Must be your driving because the roads are certainly not dangerous.