End the Lockdown

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
New threats tends to be scary, but as time goes on people get complacent, maybe they think it's going to be "the other guy" and no doubt some folks think the rules are meant for someone else. Some politicians fall into that category.
that's why we gave science...
:0
Supposedly.

WHO Finally Admits COVID19 PCR Test Has A ‘Problem’​

In a statement released on December 14, 2020 the World Health Organization finally owned up to what 100,000’s of doctors and medical professionals have been saying for months: the PCR test used to diagnose COVID-19 is a hit and miss process with way too many false positives.

This WHO-admitted “Problem” comes in the wake of international lawsuits exposing the incompetence and malfeasance of public health officials and policymakers for reliance on a diagnostic test not fit for purpose.

This World Health Organization admission is that the crux of the “problem” is a wholly arbitrary cycling process which “means that many cycles were required to detect virus. In some circumstances, the distinction between background noise and actual presence of the target virus is difficult to ascertain.” [emphasis added]

Too bad them nuns wasted so much time swatting us "spiritually challenged" mofos, because lately it's starting to look like they should have spent a little more time spanking the scientifically challenged instead.
:)
dang short strokers!

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
If hes the only one you can think of, it is obvious his technique works and has grabbed your attention.
That's quite a leap of logic, and not the least bit accurate unless you take the meaning of "grabbing my attention" in the same way you would slow down when you drive past a car wreck. There are plenty of journalists I trust and respect, their names matter little to a conversation on the lack of journalistic integrity displayed by Levant and his little gang at Rebel News. His mouth and lack of ethics land him in court regularly, more often than not coming out on the losing end, punctuated by a few choice words from a judge about "reckless disregard for the truth". Levant's own lawyers have on occasion used his clownish, self-serving reputation as a defense, saying it "...would preclude most reasonable people from taking his defamatory statements literally." Why would I want to sully the names of respectable journaists by lumping them in with this snake-oil salesman?

Last edited:

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
New threats tends to be scary, but as time goes on people get complacent, maybe they think it's going to be "the other guy" and no doubt some folks think the rules are meant for someone else. Some politicians fall into that category.
I know that's what we saw in the Okanagan. The first wave blew past with little effect here, folks stopped traveling and observed the stay-at-home advice for the most part. But everyone was pretty tired of that by the time summer came around , and the usual influx of summer tourists, although reduced was still enough to elicit spikes following long weekends and such. I'm of the mind that the restrictions we are in now, curtailing inter-house seasonal visiting, is a direction result of the spike that followed Thanksgiving.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
That's quite a leap of logic, and not the least bit accurate unless you take the meaning of "grabbing my attention" in the same way you would slow down when you drive past a car wreck. There are plenty of journalists I trust and respect, their names matter little to a conversation on the lack of journalistic integrity displayed by Levant and his little gang at Rebel News. His mouth and lack of ethics land him in court regularly, more often than not coming out on the losing end, punctuated by a few choice words from a judge about "reckless disregard for the truth". Levant's own lawyers have on occasion used his clownish, self-serving reputation as a defense, saying it "...would preclude most reasonable people from taking his defamatory statements literally." Why would I want to sully the names of respectable journaists by lumping them in with this snake-oil salesman?
In other words it's just a rant and you can only think of one to rant about.

Sweet.

Have you heard of True North?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I know that's what we saw in the Okanagan. The first wave blew past with little effect here, folks stopped traveling and observed the stay-at-home advice for the most part. But everyone was pretty tired of that by the time summer came around , and the usual influx of summer tourists, although reduced was still enough to elicit spikes following long weekends and such. I'm of the mind that the restrictions we are in now, curtailing inter-house seasonal visiting, is a direction result of the spike that followed Thanksgiving.

Full Menu
https://globalnews.ca/
https://globalnews.ca/top-trending
https://globalnews.ca/videos
https://globalnews.ca/regina/

BREAKING NEWS
Over 600K Canadians have now been infected with COVID-19

HEALTH

Flu (Covid) forecast 2019: Here’s what to expect from this year’s flu season​

By Leslie Young Global News
Posted September 29, 2019 6:00 am

Watch: Cold versus flu, explained
Descrease article font size
-A
Increase article font size
A+
The mornings are chilly, the leaves are changing, and the kids are back at school, back sharing their germs with one other — including, eventually, the flu.

Canada is already seeing its first few cases of flu this fall, according to the Public Health Agency of Canada. Experts say that we’re most likely to see a “typical” flu season this year.
Here’s what that means.

When will it start?​

Usually, Canada’s flu season starts in the fall and peaks sometime between late December and early February.
When Canadian experts want clues on what our flu season might look like, they often look south, said Alyson Kelvin, an assistant professor at Dalhousie University and an influenza virologist at the Canadian Centre for Vaccinology. Specifically, they look at Australia, which experiences its flu season during our summer (and its winter).

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I was reading on another forum members suggesting that Covid -19 was nothing more than the government causing panic in order to control the masses or the losses are made up.
The loss numbers are being manipulated. If you have a jammer and die and show up positive for covid, despite no symptoms you are a covid death. There are also a large number of false positives, which doesn't concern me too much. All that happens is you get 14 days in solitary confinement. It is false negatives that we need to worry about since these people are then given government sanction to run free.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Except for the fact that The Rebel does not get taxpayers money to spew the Liberal Party line. If your favourite sources of "news" take government handouts, you a not getting news but propaganda.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Except for the fact that The Rebel does not get taxpayers money to spew the Liberal Party line. If your favourite sources of "news" take government handouts, you a not getting news but propaganda.
Another fan. Rebel News likely wouldn't qualify for government funding of any kind due to their miserable record of failed fact checks and slanted journalism.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I much prefer the CBC for fair and unbiased reporting . Isn’t Justine just oh so dreamy ?

• Haha
Reactions: taxslave

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
The loss numbers are being manipulated. If you have a jammer and die and show up positive for covid, despite no symptoms you are a covid death. There are also a large number of false positives, which doesn't concern me too much. All that happens is you get 14 days in solitary confinement. It is false negatives that we need to worry about since these people are then given government sanction to run free.

• Sad
Reactions: taxslave

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
I much prefer the CBC for fair and unbiased reporting . Isn’t Justine just oh so dreamy ?
The CBC does rate high for honesty and accuracy in their news reporting (not so much of lot of the opinions expressed), CTV does as well. Politics matters little if you are aware of it when reading, it can be accounted for with solid background knowledge and common sense. Take Canada's two notional newspapers, the National Post and the Globe & Mail for example. Both lean different directions from center but not a lot, and both have a good rating for honesty. With that in mind, you're still better off buying copies of both to get a complete picture. It's really hard to find truly unbiased media outlets these days, but you can be sure that the farther you move from center in either direction the less trustworthy a source becomes. Rebel News falls in between right and extreme right, which by itself only means that they are very likely only reporting the part of the news that supports their bias. Where Rebel News fails is in honesty and accuracy and as such cannot be considered a trustworthy news source. It's more of an entertainment site where people can go to hear what they like to hear, truth doesn't really matter.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
The CBC does rate high for honesty and accuracy in their news reporting (not so much of lot of the opinions expressed), CTV does as well. Politics matters little if you are aware of it when reading, it can be accounted for with solid background knowledge and common sense. Take Canada's two notional newspapers, the National Post and the Globe & Mail for example. Both lean different directions from center but not a lot, and both have a good rating for honesty. With that in mind, you're still better off buying copies of both to get a complete picture. It's really hard to find truly unbiased media outlets these days, but you can be sure that the farther you move from center in either direction the less trustworthy a source becomes. Rebel News falls in between right and extreme right, which by itself only means that they are very likely only reporting the part of the news that supports their bias. Where Rebel News fails is in honesty and accuracy and as such cannot be considered a trustworthy news source. It's more of an entertainment site where people can go to hear what they like to hear, truth doesn't really matter.
Well that is almost the opposite of what I see and read . The news media’s bias is as much about what isn’t reported on as much as the truthfulness of that which is . Heard anything about Justine’s wife lately ? Is their marriage on the outs ?
Did you see any questions asked about Trudeau’s whereabouts over Christmas while Canada has been in lockdown ? Has he shown his face to answer for his four holidaying ministers ?
a
Are the unbiased media probing these and other questions they would be all over with a conservative government in office ?