Election day

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Kelly McParland http://apple.news/AFgtrgn-zSN6xlx_ExK65zQ reminds us that this election cost $600 million to hold (that’s roughly $16 per Canadian, and about $35 per vote), and that the only real return is a festering of regional resentments. “One entire side of the country — everything west of Ontario — is hostile territory,” writes McParland of Liberal support in Western Canada. Meanwhile, every single major party is tripping over each other to offer no-strings-attached money and power to Quebec.
That means it cost me twice as much . I puked out the 6 pack Zafter watching .

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I can’t believe the Green Party with that dyke gets any votes..

Not one seat for the Maverick Party, shows how stupid westerners are.. they like being walked over by the east..

No more “I love Alberta Oil” because obviously they don’t

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
So, where do we go from here?

What a waste of $600 million.

Libs, Cons, Bloc and Greens retain nearly all of their seats. NDP made slight gains.

Annamie Paul is out as leader, I think that maybe that Dimitri guy or the Quebec Green leader may succeed her.

O'Toole? He has a good chance of getting ousted. He may resign or not pass a leadership review, especially if there is a caucus revolt constructed by MPs who are angry at his 'centrist' position that couldn't make him PM.

Thoughts?

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
600 mil down the drain......A couple more years of Trudeau....Wonder how many ethics violations he can muster up?.....Not that means anything in Canada.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
So, where do we go from here?

What a waste of $600 million.

Libs, Cons, Bloc and Greens retain nearly all of their seats. NDP made slight gains.

Annamie Paul is out as leader, I think that maybe that Dimitri guy or the Quebec Green leader may succeed her.

O'Toole? He has a good chance of getting ousted. He may resign or not pass a leadership review, especially if there is a caucus revolt constructed by MPs who are angry at his 'centrist' position that couldn't make him PM.

Thoughts?

Yeah, 6 mil down the drain.

Unless Trudeau had not won, then it'd be well spent?

Anyone who believed there would be a difference this election wasn't paying attention.

Trudeau was going to stay (sadly).

But until there is someone worth being PM, this is likely how it's gonna stay.

Or there is such a thing as Progressive Con again and not these morons that they are now, which might give the Libs a run for their money.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I got off my arse and voted early & did my part. Given a chance to vote for change, many Canadians did not. There was no reckoning for broken promises and repeated failures. There was no mass support for bolder visions and bigger ideas on either side of the aisle. Given the dismal records of Trudeau’s cabinet, there was much speculation some may lose their seats. Only two did: fisheries minister Bernadette Jordan and minister of rural economic development Maryam Monsef.
1632224109628.jpeg
Meanwhile, former Liberal candidate Kevin Vuong, who was thrown out of the party after news broke of a dropped sexual abuse charge, is locked in a nail-biter where every last vote will count. Even if the NDP challenger surpasses him, Vuong will have pulled in more than 35 per cent of the vote. This from a party led by a self-proclaimed feminist. Can you imagine the reaction if this were a former Conservative candidate? It’d be apocalyptic.
1632224245015.jpeg
Defence minister Harjit Sajjan, who was censured by the House of Commons over his handling of the military’s grotesque sexual misconduct crisis, also won back his seat. So did minister of Crown-Indigenous affairs, Carolyn Bennett, after years of failure to deliver clean drinking water, affordable housing, and justice for murdered and missing Indigenous women and residential school survivors.
1632224313399.jpeg
Foreign affairs minister Marc Garneau was re-elected directly following a show of utter incompetence and misplaced priorities, which led to unnecessary suffering in Afghanistan. Then there’s the fact we still can’t get the U.S. to reciprocate on border opening, leaving families separated and businesses struggling.
1632224377963.jpeg
Minister of Health Patty Hajdu, who made devastatingly wrong calls throughout COVID-19 on everything from masks to border closures, rapid tests, and aerosol spread, will also land back in Ottawa.
1632224428960.jpeg

And the housing crisis be damned, Ahmed Hussen, minister of families, children, and social development, which includes the housing file, secured a third term even though Liberal policies helped fuel some of the most stratospheric real estate prices on the planet.
1632224497072.jpeg
Instead of giving someone else a chance to do better and be better, we’re just going to repeat what we did the last election, and the one before that. The saying goes: fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. When it happens a third time, you have to conclude maybe the fool isn’t quite so naive. Perhaps they’re even complicit.
1632224586374.jpeg
The assumption among many pundits was that Liberal voters would dislike being lied to time and time again; that they would anger over the party’s moral failures on everything from sexual assault to reconciliation and corruption. But, just maybe, many Liberal voters knew what they were getting all along: promises and rhetoric to help them sleep well at night with little chance of any real change.
1632224632644.jpeg
Change, by its very nature, comes with risk — and if there’s anything Canadians abhor, it’s risk. So rather than make meaningful strides on gender equality, housing affordability, Indigenous rights, our decimated healthcare and military infrastructure, or Canada’s place in a rapidly changing world, we’d rather just order more of the same. At least we know what the status quo tastes like.
1632224692655.jpeg
It may’ve been an unpredictable campaign season, but at the end of the day, the electorate was entirely predictable in its refusal to leave its centrist comfort bubble.
1632224746900.jpeg

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Last night I predicted the following:

Assuming Trudeau will get his spanking, but another minority…& assuming O’Toole will get the popular vote…here’s the hings to bet on:

1) how many more votes will O’Toole have than Trudeau (I’m guessing 1/4 million) ?

So far O’Toole only has about 175,000 more votes than Trudeau.

2) how long until the Liberals pull a Feminist move on JT & throw him under the bus (I’m guessing Nov 21st/2021) ?

This has yet to be determined. Time will tell. Might not happen at all.

3) Seat Counts between Libs & Cons?
(I’m guessing Libs 138, Cons 130)

So far, Libs at 155 & Cons at 119 now with the mail in votes yet to be counted.

4) How insufferable will Jagnut be on a scale of 1-10 (1 being the least & 10 being the worst)…& guessing Singh at about a 7 on this scale.

Haven’t heard him yet, but again time will tell.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Trudeau will now stay in power, my bet is for almost four more years.
Jagmeet will defend him (JT) because it gives him (Jagmeet) a lot of power which he could not get any other way. So it’s a comfortable set up with Jagmeet and Trudeau running the country.

So it’s all done for four more years of the same.
Get ready for higher debt, high unemployment, higher taxes and a lot of spending on social programs.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Trudeau will now stay in power, my bet is for almost four more years.
Jagmeet will defend him (JT) because it gives him (Jagmeet) a lot of power which he could not get any other way. So it’s a comfortable set up with Jagmeet and Trudeau running the country.

So it’s all done for four more years of the same.
Get ready for higher debt, high unemployment, higher taxes and a lot of spending on social programs.
You spelled ruining wrong.