Edmonton's weather, we got it...

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Right this minute, it is snowing so hard I can hardly see across the street. In the last twenty minutes we've accumulated another inch or two to go with the 8 or 10 inches we already had. Most unseasonable......:roll:.......Or would that be unreasonable...

Last edited:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Same up here, and their calling for the same again this weekend.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Here too, snowing very hard, looks like it setting in for the day.
My son in law had to drive to Pt McNeil last night, (work), took him a long time,
four wheel drive all the way, when he got there the hotel had closed, he phoned
ahead and told them he probably wouldn't make it by midnight, (closing time),
but they wouldn't accomodate him, and
he couldn't find any where to sleep, slept in his truck all night, hope everything
went OK for him.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
There may be some light at the end of the tunnel Rick. If you look at the long range(5 day)forecast, it seems to be warming. The only thing that bothers me is shoveling the damn driveway.......;-):smile:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
My son in law had to drive to Pt McNeil last night, (work), took him a long time,
he couldn't find any where to sleep, slept in his truck all night, hope everything
went OK for him.

I don't imagine there are too many choices of hotel in Port McNeil.....Too bad, sounds like they need some competition.

PS, I hope everything went okay as well.

Last edited:

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
went OK for him.
:lol:If you have ever stayed at that hotel you would know that he probably had a better night in his vehicle! Went there only once and vowed to never go back. My husband had to go a few times and one of the times there was actually fish scales in the tub!!!! So many rough and tumble guys around there that the one time I went with him, I was afraid to leave the room while he was at work for the day.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
went OK for him.
Your post made me glance outside and I just realized that it is snowing really hard. Maybe we live in the same city. My husband got off work at 8:30 and he said there was a few flakes coming down so I never actually looked until I read your post. Ah well - time to put up the tree!
No doubt about us having a white christmas :smile: or maybe :-|

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
I'm going to attempt to start another thread for off topic conversation and see how that works.
JLM - I did that but the "off topic" leaves in only hours and no one sees it anyway. I am desperately (like today) searching there for a recipe.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
went OK for him.

Hi Talloola- You can tell your son in law he's lucky, I used to drive back and forth to Port McNeill (and Port Hardy), but it wasn't the way he goes- it was through Gold River and then over about 100 miles of logging roads, through Vernon Camp, Woss and Nimpkish- the new highway is a breeze :lol: Just got to thinking not so new anymore- 30 years old, how time flies when you're having fun :cool: When I worked up there there was two hotels in Port McNeill and 3 or 4 in Port Hardy.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Hi Talloola- You can tell your son in law he's lucky, I used to drive back and forth to Port McNeill (and Port Hardy), but it wasn't the way he goes- it was through Gold River and then over about 100 miles of logging roads, through Vernon Camp, Woss and Nimpkish- the new highway is a breeze :lol: Just got to thinking not so new anymore- 30 years old, how time flies when you're having fun :cool: When I worked up there there was two hotels in Port McNeill and 3 or 4 in Port Hardy.

P.S. Talloola- there was a second choice- you could ride the ferry from Kelsey Bay to Beaver Cove, which took anywhere from 3 to 5 hours depending on how the tides were running. I rode that sucker a few times too- the good old days;-)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Your post made me glance outside and I just realized that it is snowing really hard. Maybe we live in the same city. My husband got off work at 8:30 and he said there was a few flakes coming down so I never actually looked until I read your post. Ah well - time to put up the tree!
No doubt about us having a white christmas :smile: or maybe :-|

We got another skiff of snow here this morning I.P. but nothing too serious and quite balmy to day only about minus 15C this morning but the wind was a little nippy for the morning walk.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
So far we have accumulated about another five inches. About time to go shovel the driveway again. I could solve this whole problem by buying a snowblower. Then of course it probably wouldn't snow again.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Since this morning we've recorded about a foot of new snow and the weatherman promises another 6 inches tonight, and more on the weekend. What joy.;-):lol::roll:

islandboi

Jun 11, 2008
I've always said that the prairies need to be abandoned... The whole northern plains, actually... Human beings were not meant to reside in such dreadfulness.

Who in God's name would move here unless they had to?

I long for the climate of S. Ontario again... Real summers... tolerable, however snowy winters.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Lets have a barbeque. Where the hell is the barbeque?

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
:angry3:......Argh! My sister phoned from Lions' Bay couple of nights ago to tell us about "all the snow" they had..(in the area).........She does this just to rub it in. Being the loving brother, I told her to suck it up. She's from here (Backwater), so she knows all about severe, damp, winters.

If the truth be known, I love that ocean they have out there, and would move in a heartbeat if the grandkids weren't here. Set your easel up just about anywhere, and you have the makings of a lovely painting.

Woe is us.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
:angry3:......Argh! My sister phoned from Lions' Bay couple of nights ago to tell us about "all the snow" they had..(in the area).........She does this just to rub it in. Being the loving brother, I told her to suck it up. She's from here (Backwater), so she knows all about severe, damp, winters.

If the truth be known, I love that ocean they have out there, and would move in a heartbeat if the grandkids weren't here. Set your easel up just about anywhere, and you have the makings of a lovely painting.

Woe is us.

I'm just curious what there would be to "rub in" about Lion's BAy. I was very familiar with the area in the '80s and I doubt if the geography has changed, the place is just a disaster waiting for a time to happen, it's hanging on the side of a mountain, with access roads at about 27% grades, you have to really watch yourself, you wouldn't want to get too drunk out there, you could step off your verandah and land on the railway tracks several hundred feet below. It's criminal to even allow building permits there, but the bureaucrats will sell anything for a buck.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

Woe is us.

I think it would take Norman Rockwell to make a beautiful painting of our back deck right now........;-)

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
sunny and bright here today, snow on the ground, just put a bunch of bird seed
out on the patio, took about 10 minutes and lots of birds are helping themselves.
I think more snow in the forecast.

Don't forget our little feathered friends everyone.