Don't mess with Texas Grandmas

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Re: RE: Don't mess with Texas

Ten Packs said:
Reverend Blair said:
The man was hiding in a closet. There is no indication that he was at all violent or that he was even going to steal from the home. He was HIDING. He was reaching for the gun that was BEING POINTED AT HIM and the front door at the same time. He was TRYING to get AWAY.

You guys likely laugh when you hear about cops firing warning shots into peoples' backs too.

This is a new high, even for you, Rev! He was "hiding" - in SOMEONE ELSE's closet, in SOMEONE ELSE'S house, which he had gained FORCIBLE ENTRY to..... Lord, I hope you never get broke into - you'll probaably get Patti to rustle him up some bacon and eggs.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Good one, Ten Packs. The bacon and eggs bit was a crack up!

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Come to reflect on this,and just perhaps the man was innocently in the closet trying on the various women's fashions contained within :lol:

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Lord, I hope you never get broke into - you'll probaably get Patti to rustle him up some bacon and eggs.

As long as he's not violent, why not? It'd keep him busy until the cops showed up. Not much point in being rude about it.

The point is that this man, according to the story, showed every sign of just wanting to get away. For all the woman knew, he was hiding from criminals. She didn't know that the cops were chasing him. She does keep a handgun loaded with hollowpoints around for "scaring off coyotes" though, so she blasted him in the leg. Once he was already on his way and proved no threat to her whatsoever, she fired another shot at him and missed.

For this, the guns and violence lobby is hailing her as a hero.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
[
quote] For all the woman knew, he was hiding from criminals. She didn't know that the cops were chasing him. She does keep a handgun loaded with hollowpoints around for "scaring off coyotes" though, so she blasted him in the leg. Once he was already on his way and proved no threat to her whatsoever, she fired another shot at him and missed.

[/quote]

I think the gun was kept for self-defense, and the woman just said the first thing that came into her head when some reporter asked "Why do you have the gun?" A .38 pistol is a poor choice for "scaring off coyotes" and an excellent choice for home defense.

Come on, Rev...."for all the woman kew he was hiding from criminals" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Don't mess with Texas

She had no idea why he was there, Colpy. She said that the pistol was for scaring off coyotes. Why would she say something that wasn't true?

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
Reverend Blair said:
Lord, I hope you never get broke into - you'll probaably get Patti to rustle him up some bacon and eggs.

As long as he's not violent, why not? It'd keep him busy until the cops showed up. Not much point in being rude about it.

The point is that this man, according to the story, showed every sign of just wanting to get away. For all the woman knew, he was hiding from criminals. She didn't know that the cops were chasing him. She does keep a handgun loaded with hollowpoints around for "scaring off coyotes" though, so she blasted him in the leg. Once he was already on his way and proved no threat to her whatsoever, she fired another shot at him and missed.

She is neither a hero nor a criminal. And he is certainly not to be pitied in any way. If you go breaking into other people's homes, be prepared to get hurt. As far as her actions go, I'm sure she was scared witless finding a stranger in her home.

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
MMMike said:
Reverend Blair said:

She is neither a hero nor a criminal. And he is certainly not to be pitied in any way. If you go breaking into other people's homes, be prepared to get hurt. As far as her actions go, I'm sure she was scared witless finding a stranger in her home.

And remember, the police were chasing the guy for stealing a car.
No one seems to attach any importance to that fact.

Uncle

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Re: RE: Don't mess with Texas

Reverend Blair said:
She had no idea why he was there, Colpy. She said that the pistol was for scaring off coyotes. Why would she say something that wasn't true?

People say some weird things......especially if put on the defensive by someone who would ask "Why do you have a gun?" That is not a question that I would ask.

As for her not knowing why he was in the house.....who cares?
He was not legitimately there, no one had invited him in, he had invaded her castle........too bad for him.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

She didn't know that, Uncle. All she knew was that there was a guy hiding in her closet. Every indication is that he wanted to get away once he saw her...even while he was swatting at her gun, he was reaching for the front door.

I'm not saying that he's to be pitied or that he was innocent. I am saying that it's questionable if she had to shoot him and the shot she fired outside was certainly uncalled for.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

I'm sure the guy will take it to court and sue to poor old lady for everything she has and win........feckin scum bag