Does Free Speech Need To Be Regulated?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

I Disapprove of What You Say, But I Will Defend to the Death Your Right to Say It.​

Nobody should stop Free Speech, however if you say something racist people should stand up against you..

Some CUNT called the police on my wife because she had her car parked on the street for 1 month why she was in Mexico..

It’s a public street, car is insured and plated.. she has every right.

I went and moved the car last night, and this idiot BITCH came out spewing about “our people” and she shouldn’t park near her house..

She was a racist CUNT!! My wife is a visible minority..

That didn’t go over well with me.. I will joke about race or religion.. but if you come at me being a “real” racist ya better watch out..

The other thing about Free Speech.. if someone comes up to you and insults you in a foreign language that you don’t understand does it hurt your feelings?? Of course not..

But if someone saying something in your own language that hurts you.. you are offended.

You’re giving that person power over you.. they are just words. That’s all

Ignor, block, move on

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
The problem today is that everything is offensive to someone.

And even though that someone is in the tiny minority, he's given an equal voice and catered to by the loud and present special interest groups. So in this respect, free speech is already being regulated.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Regulating "free speech" doesn't make it free anymore does it? How about the only things that should be regulated regarding speech though are the ones already on the books so no, ADDITIONAL regulation isn't required.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

I Disapprove of What You Say, But I Will Defend to the Death Your Right to Say It.​

Nobody should stop Free Speech, however if you say something racist people should stand up against you..

Some CUNT called the police on my wife because she had her car parked on the street for 1 month why she was in Mexico..

It’s a public street, car is insured and plated.. she has every right.

I went and moved the car last night, and this idiot BITCH came out spewing about “our people” and she shouldn’t park near her house..

She was a racist CUNT!! My wife is a visible minority..

That didn’t go over well with me.. I will joke about race or religion.. but if you come at me being a “real” racist ya better watch out..

The other thing about Free Speech.. if someone comes up to you and insults you in a foreign language that you don’t understand does it hurt your feelings?? Of course not..

But if someone saying something in your own language that hurts you.. you are offended.

You’re giving that person power over you.. they are just words. That’s all

Ignor, block, move on
In Surrey the bylaws say a vehicle is only allowed to park for 72 hours and will be ticketed if left longer .

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Free speech does need to be regulated, and like all other fundamental rights, and government-proposed regulation should be examined and allowed only if it serves a compelling government interest and is narrowly tailored to serve that interest with the minimum possible restriction on the freedom.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Hate speech, death threats, child endangerment, and defamation need a redline in a public forum but who and where does the redline get drawn?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Hate speech, death threats, child endangerment, and defamation need a redline in a public forum but who and where does the redline get drawn?

Hate speech no, you fight against it and hopefully educate the Racist twat;

Death Threats, we have a remedy for that.. the police and charges; and jail or a nuthouse;

Child Endangerment, In some US states you can still get married as young as 15, in some countries 12.. others??

Defamation is solved in the courts and if in the right.. you can come out pretty rich.. ;)

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
Only ones up on blocks in your front yard.
Shit.........

• Haha
Reactions: Tecumsehsbones