Dinning Alone

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
Next time YOU do dishes! ;) I know he said we could both use my comp but I dont want to get us both banned if I screw up like I did this afternoon.

Tonights dinner is just a small spinach salad and "Salad creame" (its something I got very hooked on in England, its made by Heinz) Its sweet and really yummy. I splurge once a month and buy it in the specialty section of Krogers. 5 bucks is well worth it :)

you mean Salad cream?, that stuff tastes Manko Barasi (well not very nice, it's a soccer play pun)...could be something else, but I know you don't have Brown Sauce (HP Preferably...although they've been taken over by Heinz too :( )...I think it's called AJ's Steak sauce over there, you should try it...it's good with everything!!.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Not sure about the hockey pun LOL but I LOVE Heinz Salad creame :) I think we call it A-1 steak sauce and it has to much of a bite for me. :p (yall have some very strange smilies here :rolleyes: I best get to the store.........*HUGS*

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
I am right, it's the stuff your thinking of, and there's no extra E, it's just salad cream, come's in loads of brands. But it is virtually unkown in the US or Canada. A1 Steak sauce is soft, soft I tell ya!!!.

REAL brown sauce has got a heck of a kick to it!...Daddy's brown sauce is the best for a bit of zing, I did try some A1 in Minneappolis, not that much of a fan, it's the nearest you get to brown sauce, but it's tripe, really.

I personally dont like salad cream, can't abide the extra vinegary twang to what is essentially mayo, but different strokes and all that. I'm surpised you didn't get hooked on decent chocolate (I wont say real, cus half the EU would disagree with me), well chocolate that isnt as bland as hershey's, or the hershey made cadbury's up in Canada (was I shocked when I tasted Cadbury's in Toronto?....heck yes.

Daz
(oh and sorry, that was a soccer pun, me and my friends call anything bad, manko barasi, after the Brazillian soccer star Franko Barasi, basically calling it mank, horrible etc..)

feronia

Time Out
Jul 19, 2006
Be safe on your trip , I hope you find your Viking but more important bring your son home where he belongs, with his Mom. I'll see you when you get back.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Got here Sunday. Been a waterfall ever since. They put the wrong name on his travel certificate It says..................Christopher John Morgan-Source. I fell apart emmediately.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Venus De Millo Soup

1/2 hamburger
1/2 chirico (or italian)
1 can stewed tomatoes
4 cans water
2 envelope beefy onion soup mix (lipton)
1 frozen mixed veggies
3/4c orzo maccaoni

brown meat, add stewed tomatoes, soup mix, water. Bring to a boil add veggies and orzo cook on low 1 hour.

Does great in freezer ( IF you dont eat it ALL!!!)

This is Sissy's recipe tastes FANTASTIC!!!!

I just made the venus de milo soup in the crock. If your cooking it in the crock DONT add the Orzo til Id say about 30 minutes from the end. It basically thickens if you put it all together at the beginning. Live and Learn eh?

Last edited:

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Japaneese tonight (sushi) but here's a simple holiday relish I make.........

In a food processor process the following

1 orange (whole)
1 apple (whole)
1/3 bag whole cranberries

nuts (if you like)

My Sis triples it but Im just 1 person. Also this recipe freezes fantasticly so dont worry about left overs.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
CLAM BOIL tonight!!!! I'll take notes ;)

In a soup pot layer the following

quohogs or soft shell clams
assorted sausages (pork in skin, portugese, kilbasa, hotdogs, ect.)
yukon potatoes cut in large peices (save one for top of boil)
sweet potatoes cut up in large peices
whole onions
(fish portions, cod, whiting)optional

add about an inch and a half of water and crushed red pepper to taste.

cover tightly with foil a and steam til potato on top is done

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
I'll be home tomorrow. I miss my Zack and I miss my Johnny, and I miss my friend. Ive learned a very hard lesson on this trip. Mourning is something a mother does alone and I hate that.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Im home and I'll be posting from my own computer from now on. I had been posting from the library but my Sister and Feronia and I have talked it out and theres no need to be scared of anything or anyone. Im not doing anything wrong I didnt do anything wrong before but running back and forth to the library while Feronia uses my comp is stressing me so we are both going to use my comp. I already asked premission from the powers that be and I was told it was ok.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Japaneese tonight (sushi) but here's a simple holiday relish I make.........

In a food processor process the following

1 orange (whole)
1 apple (whole)
1/3 bag whole cranberries

nuts (if you like)

My Sis triples it but Im just 1 person. Also this recipe freezes fantasticly so dont worry about left overs.

I just made some and I forgot an ingrediant

1/2 cup sugar

let it set a day or 2 it tastes best that way

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Im just getting home after dogsitting again for 3 days. I took advantage of her kitchen and baked some cookies (butterscoth morsels, choclate chip and oatmeal/cranraison) and made wine jelly with plum wine for gifts for Yule. I made liver and onions for me but couldnt manage to eat it. Holidays suck dining alone.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Wine Jelly

3 cups sugar
2 cups wine (I used plum wine......as Rachel Ray would say "Yummo")
1/2 6 oz bottle liquid fruit pectin

Paraffin

Measure sugar and wine into top of a double boiler: mix well. Place over but not touching rapidly boiling water. Stir til sugar is desolved. 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat. At once stir in fruit pectin and stir (gently) well. Skim off foam if necessary. (if you stir gentlt there wont be any) Place a metal spoon in hot sterilized wine glass (to prevent glass from breaking) Quickly pour hot jelly into glass to within 1/8 inch from top. Remove spoon. Cover at once with 1/8 inch hot paraffin. repeat with 5 more glasses.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Tam's Own Oatmeal Cookies

2 sticks butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

cream together

in a seperate bowl add the following:

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamin
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
mix and combine the two mixtures well

add to the combined mixture the following

3 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup cranraisons
1 cup walnuts (optional )

preheat oven to 350 take a teaspoon of mixture and set on cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 mins

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Heres a little tip, if you have a migrain try a bit of dark choclate to get rid of it. If your allergic like I am it wont work lol so I try a guiness before I reach for the hard meds. Sometimes it works........not tonight.