Dinning Alone

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
LOLLLLLLLLLL! Its all in the practice. Ive gone to England and stayed 35 days (this is an old thread.) Had a glorious time. My friends treated me with such love and care concidering the situation. My friend want her puter back but I'll post about it later. :)

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
I was thinking of Critter today. I remembered one of his favorite dinners when Jimmy was gone. It's called english muffin pizza.

Id split english muffins and buy different topp[ings Everyone built their own and Id throw them in the broiler to melt and heat it up. It was delicious and as I came to being alone Id use bagels.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Motzerella salad

One ball motzerella sliced
3 tomatoes sliced
extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic crushed
fresh basil
fresh parsley

take oil and herbs, soak cheese over night

serve in layers with tomatoes and sprinkle with balsamic vineger

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
Your meals sound so varied and exciting compared to my "all day breakfast baked beans" in a can. Oh yes, sorry, I never encountered Baked Beans in any of the grocer shops I went into in Canada and the US, I do hope you know what they are.

But nope, 2 minutes in the microwave and boom, their ready. very quick but alas, not very healthy for you.

Oh, by the way, I've been to Texas and I live in England. Trust me, you'll enjoy each, and the food in both is so good. (at this point you might guess I'm a big breakfast man.....it's the meal of the day) While in Texas, you should try a "cattleman's breakfast" with creamy gravy and biscuit!!!.....in Britain, a fry up is a must (that's fried sausage, fried egg, fried bread, fried bacon...oh hell, everything fried).

I know you said it was off, but oh hell, I'm an optimist, you'll go, trust me and keep the faith.

OH yes, you should try Lancashire stew in your crock pot, Sauage, onions, tomatos all mixed up with a beef gravy. smashin!!.

Daz

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Your meals sound so varied and exciting compared to my "all day breakfast baked beans" in a can. Oh yes, sorry, I never encountered Baked Beans in any of the grocer shops I went into in Canada and the US, I do hope you know what they are.

But nope, 2 minutes in the microwave and boom, their ready. very quick but alas, not very healthy for you.

Oh, by the way, I've been to Texas and I live in England. Trust me, you'll enjoy each, and the food in both is so good. (at this point you might guess I'm a big breakfast man.....it's the meal of the day) While in Texas, you should try a "cattleman's breakfast" with creamy gravy and biscuit!!!.....in Britain, a fry up is a must (that's fried sausage, fried egg, fried bread, fried bacon...oh hell, everything fried).

I know you said it was off, but oh hell, I'm an optimist, you'll go, trust me and keep the faith.

OH yes, you should try Lancashire stew in your crock pot, Sauage, onions, tomatos all mixed up with a beef gravy. smashin!!.

Daz

Im sorry I must not have been very clear. May 25th my son died. He lived in Texas (I had lived there 12 years of hell before moving to Virginia) The day Chris died I posted of his death here and for reasons still not clear to me I was banned (until the new change over in boards and I think there was a glitch) On May 31st I went to England and spent 35 glorious days with friends that helped me stay in one piece after the loss of my son. True friends to the core. I LOVED the food in England! Your lamb is absolutely AMAZING! I had Sunday Roast at the Red Lion at Avebury…….YUM!!! And I Had Fish and chips at the Blackcountry museum……..OMF amazing!!! I spent my birthday at henge (june 23rd), I concincrated a dragon necklace my son had asked for before he died. And a necklace I bought that signified Mother and man child. Its beautiful and neither have left my neck.

Some days are better than others.

The trip was the only thing that stopped me from joining my son in Summerland and I thank Fae for my hostess’ they were the absolute best. The land itself was old and healing. The sky so blue and billowy. I felt my Goddess stroking my hair when the tears came at night when I was alone. I felt my sweet son by my side the whole time enjoying the trip with me.

As for my eating habits lol Im a big girl and I enjoy eating. I don’t have much but I am creative. Raising 3 kids basically alone (the ex was a trucker) you learn how to be creative ;)

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
I see, I do appologise, I saw the last post about your creative cooking, saw the travelling to texas and England bit and well......I'm a doofus. I appologise for the unease or bad memories I caused, I shant say anything soppy or mushy, one because I am an Englishman (and you've probably already figured out we're not great with out emotions) and two, no words could ever truely describe how you or anyone would feel to such a loss.

But I do hope you like my country's cuisine and have passed on some of the half-decent stuff we cook here to those folks beyound my shores.

Thanks

Daz

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Oh Daz I LOVED your country! And Summer Pudding is now my offical favorite dessert! It cant be beat sitting in Cowes overlooking the channel and watching the sunset. I just wish I could have found a suvinier to bring home in the male variety ;) LOL

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
Oh Daz I LOVED your country! And Summer Pudding is now my offical favorite dessert! It cant be beat sitting in Cowes overlooking the channel and watching the sunset. I just wish I could have found a suvinier to bring home in the male variety ;) LOL

Crikey, I'm near the docks in southampton...Cowes is virtually viewable from here!!!........shocking.

Never felt tempted to try the old favourite (but probably highly amusing) "spotted dick" then?....hehe it's only a current sponge with custard on it.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Well Im not shy I'll try anything once LOL twice if I reallyyyyyyy like it ;)

I felt so at ease there. Being a Pagan isnt odd there and I really felt loved and at home. You are very lucky to live in such a gracious place. Fae has blessed it.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
a Pagan is only a word the romans used for the land dwellers of rural outcrops like Britannia anyway. Nope, our soccer pitch was blessed by a pagan lady.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Awww cool! I like being a land dweller :) Fae makes me feel so grounded and right now thats exactly what I need. Good friends and a Loving Goddess. A lil spotted dick sounds interesting too ;)

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Chowder Recipe

1/2 cup diced onion
1/2cup diced celery
2 Tbsp. melted butter
8oz Chopped Quahogs (liquid reserved)
3 cups clam juice (chicken broth will do if you cant get it)
clam juice reserved
1 1/2 cup peeled, coarsely choppeed potatoes
1/4 cup melted butter
1 cup half and half or heavy cream ( I use heavy cream)
dash of thyme
dash of salt
dash of white pepper
1/2 cup flour
1 cup milk

I a three quart saucepan, saute onion and celery in 2 tablespoons butter until transparent. Add liquid from clams, clam juice, chicken broth and potatoes. Simmer until potatows are tender.
In a separate pan, add 1/4 cup butter. stir in flour mixture into soup. Add clams, milk and half and half or cream. Stir gently until thickened. Add seasonings.

ENJOY

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
this one isnt for vegatarians or the faint hearted. Every once in awhile I get anemic. Sinse I take meds for Bi-Polar I cant take a lot of vitamins or herbals so I have to supliment my diet through food. Well as you can imagine ve been under a great deal of stress and Ive had anemia. So dinner last night was liver. I used to hate it and to be quite honest last night was the first time Ive made it on my own. My ex used to cook it for me or Id order it at a resaurant. Well I must pat myself on the back it was delicious! I made liver smothered in onions, and mushrooms with a gravy.

4 pieces liver

milk to cover

seasoned flour (choose your own seasons I use pepper, lawerys season salt and garlic)

1/2 stick of butter

1 red onion sliced 1/4 inches and halved

8oz sliced mushrooms

1/2 stick butter

Dredge liver in milk for 30 mins in the fridge. melt 1/2 stick butter Take liver out of milk and cover with flour. Fry in butter til slices become firm but stil a tiny bit pink.

Once cooked melt the other 1/2 stick and add veggies til soft. Add 1/2 cup fresh milk and seasoned flour to create gravy.

I made cheats mash potatoes because I only have a hot plate but I have a fabulous smashed tators recipe that would compliment this perfectly

9 red potatoes chunky cubed and boiled add butter, garlic powder, 1 raw egg, ranch dip (1/4 cup) Smash the oldfashioned way with a smasher. I love the red potatoes almost as much as yucons they both are sweet and do well with sour cream.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
And some crockpot applesauce

6 granny smiths

1/4 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup butter

cinnomin to taste (I like alot its a warming spice and Im ALWAYS cold)

nutmeg if you like

Put in crock with enough water to cover and cook on high til mushy

I leave skins on most dont like too

I might even splurge on a low carb vanilla icrean to toss it all over

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
I'm going to go get Critter's ashes this weekend. Im also going to my very first Pagan Ball. Sissy promised me clam chowder and I promised me to get plastered, Maybe that will help all the turmoil and pain. It's soon to be Samhain and it was critter's favorite holiday. When he was 5 we made a ninja turtle outfit out of Jessa's old baby matress. It was better than any store bought costume you'd ever seen. He absolutely beamed. His favorite candy was three muskateers, Id go buy a whole bag just for him, he'd never know cause Id slip them in his bag one at a time. I miss him.

feronia

Time Out
Jul 19, 2006
Night Tam, thank you for dinner. French toast was different but nice on a cool fall evening.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Night Tam, thank you for dinner. French toast was different but nice on a cool fall evening.
Next time YOU do dishes! ;) I know he said we could both use my comp but I dont want to get us both banned if I screw up like I did this afternoon.

Tonights dinner is just a small spinach salad and "Salad creame" (its something I got very hooked on in England, its made by Heinz) Its sweet and really yummy. I splurge once a month and buy it in the specialty section of Krogers. 5 bucks is well worth it :)

feronia

Time Out
Jul 19, 2006
Don't worry, you're going to your Sister's and I won't have access to your computer. It will all work out. Have a great salad (wash your spinach).

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
I think I'll splurg tonight. Foodlion has shrimp on sale 3.50 a pound. Theres still spinach in the frig and I found the most yummy fish sauce that taste a bit like thoughsand islands dressing. They use it in the japaneese restaurants. Its really good.

I know yall dont know me well and I do have a spirital group I Love dearly, But you cant have enough good intentions and the next few weeks Im really going to need some help, as much as Im allowed. Please send kind thoughts my way the next two weeks. I'll need it when I go to get Critter. Thank you in advance.