Dinning Alone

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Dinner was a three egg omlet with broccolli and cheese (prossessed swiss) and a bagel. Was nice. It came with a nice conversation with a friend he's been working a great deal so we caught up on life. I might get together with him Saturday night after he gets off work.

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
I got 1 portion of a rack of lamb left. I used my bandsaw to cut a full rack up a while back. Lamb sounds good. Thinking about it though brings chicken to mind...hmmmmmmmmm.

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
Not cheap here either. The frenched rack was 35$. I cut it in to 4 pieces. Still 9$ a serving. Angus tenderloin is cheaper. I got more meat from the steak I had on sunday then the portion of rack of lamb I might eat tonight. I bought lamb because I never really ate it before. Steak and lamb were not on menu when I grew up. My mum made her own clothes. We never had a brand new car. Vacations were family camping trips in the station wagon and sleep in tents at provincial parks. My mum and dad would go out to the Legion on Saturday night. My dad bought 1 case of beer to last the whole week. My mum took in kids after school and looked after a toddler for extra money. She sewed Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls to sell at Christmas. My dad did all the renovations to the house. He even built his own cement mixer to pour a patio. We were comfortable I guess but parents still pinched pennies to make ends meet. My mum did like to sew and knit and my dad always liked to do handy man type stuff, so I think they certainly did not mind. We had a good sized home in country hamlet with a conservation area attached so we kids did not need expensive toys and stuff. We made our own fun fishing and roaming the country side. Still think the country is best place to raise kids. None of the temptations of the city.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Not cheap here either. The frenched rack was 35$. I cut it in to 4 pieces. Still 9$ a serving. Angus tenderloin is cheaper. I got more meat from the steak I had on sunday then the portion of rack of lamb I might eat tonight. I bought lamb because I never really ate it before. Steak and lamb were not on menu when I grew up. My mum made her own clothes. We never had a brand new car. Vacations were family camping trips in the station wagon and sleep in tents at provincial parks. My mum and dad would go out to the Legion on Saturday night. My dad bought 1 case of beer to last the whole week. My mum took in kids after school and looked after a toddler for extra money. She sewed Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls to sell at Christmas. My dad did all the renovations to the house. He even built his own cement mixer to pour a patio. We were comfortable I guess but parents still pinched pennies to make ends meet. My mum did like to sew and knit and my dad always liked to do handy man type stuff, so I think they certainly did not mind. We had a good sized home in country hamlet with a conservation area attached so we kids did not need expensive toys and stuff. We made our own fun fishing and roaming the country side. Still think the country is best place to raise kids. None of the temptations of the city.

The more you talk the more I like you.......I know I know ;)

vinod1975

Council Member
Jan 19, 2007
Harare , Zimbabwe
Tandoori Chicken

TANDOORI in INDIAN stands for an earthern oven which is sort
of cylindrical and uses coal as the fuel.
This recipe will need a bar-b-que grill as a substitute. It
can be also cooked in a gas or electric oven, but it will lose
most of its flavour. Also, the chicken has to be marinaded for
atleast 6 hours, ideally 12 hours overnight.

You will need the following:
1. 12 Chicken drumsticks and/or breast pieces (skin removed)
2. 1 cup plain yoghurt (pref.) or 2 cups Buttermilk
3. 1 1/2 tbsp red chilli powder
4. 2 tbsp coriander powder
5. 1 tbsp garlic powder } FRESHLY GROUND IS
6. 1 tbsp ginger powder } MUCH BETTER
7. 1 tbsp cumin powder
8. 1/2 tbsp. GARAM MASALA powder (available at any/all Indian grocery
stores)
You can prepare #8 at home by dry grinding to a powder the following:
(20 black pepper corns 0r equivalnet black pepper powder, 5 cloves,
1 inch cinnamon stick, 4-5 cardamoms, 1 tsp. cumin powder, 2 bay
leaves plus some more stuff I dont know, although this should be
fine )
9. Meat tenderizer (optional)
10. 2 tbsp. salt (use less if tenderizer contains salt)
IF YOU LIKE IT HOT AND SPICY , ADD 1 TBSP. EXTRA OF ALL SPICES FROM NOS.
3-8.
Method:
Prick the chicken pieces with a fork all over. apply the
tenderizer to the chicken pieces and let it stand for an hour or so.

The marinade : Take a wide and deep bowl about 12 2 inches wide and deep
enough to hold all the chicken pieces. Add the yoghurt plus one cup
water or the buttermilk with no water into the bowl. Add all the spices
from nos. 3 thru 8 into the bowl and stir to form a
homogeneous mixture.Now add the chicken pieces into the mixture, so
that they are all covered with the paste/mixture. Cover the bowl with a
lid and let it stand for 6 hours. If you plan to marinade for 12-15
hours, put it in the refrigerator. The more time it is marinated, the
better it will absorb the spices and the tastier it will be.

When you are ready to grill the chicken, apply melted butter to the
the chicken pieces with a brush or spoon all over and you are ready to
grill the chicken on the barbeque in the normal fashion. turn over the
chicken pieces when they look brownish red in color or darker if you
prefer it well done.

Slice finely onion into rings, add some salt and lemon juice to it, to
be served as a salad with the tandoori chicken. lemon juice sprinkled
on the cooked pieces also adds to the flavor , if you wish.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy this recipe, a favourite of the Moghul
emperors of INDIA!

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
Thank You Vid :)

Rom this is America On the Move email for this month.

http://aom.americaonthemove.org/sit...m?kntaw16230=F32DC46136704B4A9EAD9F3858ED31D7

Now I am good on all stats. My docs qoute cholesterol numbers as <2 for me. Was at 5.6 when I had heart attack. Not sure of correlation between numbers. The link quotes 100 mg/dl, not sure what units mine is being quoted in.

A 40" waist holy crap. I don't like a 34". Would love to be a 32" again.

My issue is more genetic. My liver actually produces too much cholesterol. A double whammy as it produces even more of the "bad" cholesterol. Food is 20% of your cholesterol and your liver makes up 80% in a healthy human.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Now I am good on all stats. My docs qoute cholesterol numbers as <2 for me. Was at 5.6 when I had heart attack. Not sure of correlation between numbers. The link quotes 100 mg/dl, not sure what units mine is being quoted in.

A 40" waist holy crap. I don't like a 34". Would love to be a 32" again.

My issue is more genetic. My liver actually produces too much cholesterol. A double whammy as it produces even more of the "bad" cholesterol. Food is 20% of your cholesterol and your liver makes up 80% in a healthy human.

Im really proud of you! :) Dont worry about your waist.....I like a tummy ;)

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
Finally decided I need to see a psychologist to deal with work stress, grief from bro passing on 4 years ago and my own heart attack at 43. Been playing phone tag with 3 psychologists offices who will not schedule an appointment and say they will have a doc call me. Been 3 days now. 1 left a message at home when they had my work number as well. What do i need to do climb on their rooftops and threaten to bl00dy jump. F@#$

No wories, not going to just adds to stress levels.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia