Dinning Alone

vinod1975

Council Member
Jan 19, 2007
Harare , Zimbabwe
Tuscan Lamb Chop Skillet

Ingredients

• 8 lamb rib chops, cut 1 inch thick (1-1/2 pounds total)
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 19-ounce can white kidney (cannellini) beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 8-ounce can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
  • 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
  • 2 teaspoons snipped fresh rosemary
  • Fresh rosemary sprigs (optional)

Directions

1. Trim fat from chops. In a large skillet cook chops in hot oil over medium heat about 8 minutes for medium (160 degrees F) doneness, turning once. Transfer chops to a plate; keep warm.
2. Stir garlic into drippings in skillet. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in beans, undrained tomatoes, vinegar, and snipped rosemary. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
3. Spoon bean mixture onto 4 dinner plates; arrange 2 chops on each serving. If desired, garnish with rosemary sprigs. Makes 4 servings.

vinod1975

Council Member
Jan 19, 2007
Harare , Zimbabwe
Caramel-Pecan French Silk Pie

Ingredients

• 1 Baked Pastry Shell
  • 1 cup whipping cream
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate pieces (6 ounces)
  • 1/3 cup butter
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
  • 3 tablespoons creme de cacao or whipping cream
  • 1 12.25-ounce jar caramel ice cream topping (1 cup)
  • 3/4 cup coarsely chopped toasted pecans or almonds
  • 1 cup whipped cream
  • Chocolate curls (optional)

Directions

1. Prepare Baked Pastry Shell; set aside.
2. In a heavy medium saucepan combine the 1 cup whipping cream, the chocolate pieces, butter, and sugar. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat. Gradually stir half of the hot mixture into beaten egg yolks. Return egg mixture to chocolate mixture in saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is slightly thickened and begins to bubble (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat. (Mixture may appear to separate.) Stir in the 3 tablespoons creme de cacao or whipping cream. Place the saucepan in a bowl of ice water, stirring occasionally, until the mixture stiffens and becomes hard to stir (about 20 minutes). Transfer the chocolate mixture to a medium mixing bowl.
3. Beat cooled chocolate mixture with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 2 to 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
4. Spread caramel ice cream topping in bottom of Baked Pastry Shell. Sprinkle pecans evenly over caramel. Carefully spread filling into pie shell. Cover and refrigerate pie for 5 to 24 hours. To serve, top with whipped cream. If you like, garnish with chocolate curls. Makes 8 to 10 servings.

mapleleafgirl

Electoral Member
Dec 13, 2006
windsor,ontario
Your such a sweetheart :)

self. im sorry for being a b*tch to you. it was wrong and selfish of me. marygaspe pmd me and told me i wouldnt be a good catholic if i didnt admit my faults and shes right. i like you and turned into a real a**hole to you. you were so nice to me when i joined and didnt deserve what i did.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Sweetheart it takes great courage to say Im sorry and I thank you. Your a spirited one and I recognise that because I have a spirited one too. I wish you Brightest Blessings on your path. Always question, always search for trueth and your road will always be smooth and peaceful.

Namaste

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
Here is a fast and easy dessert idea:

Take Pillsbury Crescent Rolls, leave them in rolls and slice them aprox. 3/4", place them in a baking dish. Put a pile of brown sugar on each one, then slowly pour some heavy cream over the sugar. Pour just enough so that some of the cream drizzles down the sides. Then cook at 350F until golden.

This is a dessert that I love to make when I am in a hurry, my family loves them.

vinod1975

Council Member
Jan 19, 2007
Harare , Zimbabwe
Methi Pudina Diye Mansho

:smilebox:
This Bengali dish is created by me.

Ingredients
1 kg of small pieces of mutton.
50ml of edible oil for cooking.
Salt and Turmeric powder for colour and taste.
Garam masala (2 cardomoms, 2 cinnamon) to be pounded.
1 of tamarind paste.
4 Onions.
Grind to Paste:
1 bunch of pudina leaves
1 bunch of coriander leaves
1 bunch of methi leaves
8-10 Green chillies
1 whole Garlic.
Method

1. Clean the mutton and keep it aside to drain out the water.
  2. Chop the Onions.
  3. Heat 50ml of refined or mustard oil in non stick kadai
  4. Fry the onions till pink.
  5. Add the mutton along with 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp turmeric powder.
  6. Fry the mutton till the oil leaves
  7. Add the leaves paste in it
  8. Fry it on slow flame.
  9. After the mutton is cooked put the tamarind paste and simmer it for sometime.
  10. Add the pounded garam masala and cover it for sometime.
  11. Serve it with Rice.
Note: if Tamarind paste is not available (Tomato puree can be added ).

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
Was off sick on Monday. Will be off work for holidays and doc appointments Thurs and Fri. Got lots to do Tues. and Wed. to get all my stuff done before weeks end. Talk to you later.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
I should always rely on my gut.......I'll be sending you healing. My sis is in this saturday for a week but I'll check in on you :) Pagan culture thread has a great conver going if you want a good read next week. Your in my thoughts dear friend.

Much Love

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Its 1:22 here and I HAVE to get to my shrinks tomorrow Ive missed 4 meetings. He's getting a bit worried. Im just not wanting to dwell on the negatives at the moment. Lifes swinging so sweet the past few weeks. It'll be even better my family will be here. I truelly miss them. The girls BOTH called tonight LOL Im Shocked! LOL Jessa's first Valantines with a boyfriend she had a manicure and a pedicure *giggle* I hate that **** Ive only had a manicure done once and the girl bruised my arm so bad I cryied for days. That was at Yule! My nails grow long allllll by themselves i love scratching lol and tapping my nails to the cat. He looks at me like Im nutty......wellll I AM ;)

I wish you were here to taste this soup. I made two crocks and I used fresh thyme, basil, garlic......thats it.....all fresh......OMF its awesome! Its kept me fed a week and it'll last till the weekend so Im good :) I better get a shower and do that reading I promised. Im so glad your better today. I do miss your presense when your away :) Its going to be a great day you watch and see :)

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Well mines an Athiest so Im pretty sure he doesnt have to many idssues and if he did he'd be taking care of his own. I did sense his old cat in the office a dark grey cat thats spirit stayed around. He was a bit shocked. And I was totally pleased.

marygaspe

Electoral Member
Jan 19, 2007
I lost DSL most the afternoon. But my shrink is very happy with my coping skills as of late. :) A+ for the nutcase eh?

You're good. One day, in my travels, because hubbie wants to go to the old south(he's a Confederate history nut) I hope to sit with you and have tea:)

Last edited: