Desperate, vile, lying, pedophile? Nah

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
You haven't seen a question for your mother's or wife's maiden name when putting in an application? Or a security question?
I've seen "mother's maiden name" as a security question. I've also seen "your high school mascot." I didn't go to high school, and my mother probably didn't know my father's name. Which one should I feel more oppressed by?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I've seen "mother's maiden name" as a security question. I've also seen "your high school mascot." I didn't go to high school, and my mother probably didn't know my father's name. Which one should I feel more oppressed by?

I am so leaving this alone.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I am so leaving this alone.
Jump in. I'm cool with it. I've said before on this board that my mom was an archetypal "drunken Indian slut" who could be had up against the side of your pickup truck for a few drinks and that I was raised mostly by my grandmother, that I ran away from the Indian school at 13 and educated myself at the public library, and that I got a GED (test equivalent to a high school diploma) in order to join the Air Force.

I'm not responsible for my mother's conduct, and I'm proud of my educational achievements. I'm just glad I'm the eldest, because my brother has mild FAS, and my sister has severe FAS.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Jump in. I'm cool with it. I've said before on this board that my mom was an archetypal "drunken Indian slut" who could be had up against the side of your pickup truck for a few drinks and that I was raised mostly by my grandmother, that I ran away from the Indian school at 13 and educated myself at the public library, and that I got a GED (test equivalent to a high school diploma) in order to join the Air Force.
I'm not responsible for my mother's conduct, and I'm proud of my educational achievements. I'm just glad I'm the eldest, because my brother has mild FAS, and my sister has severe FAS.

You're no fu ckin fun at all.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

So it's not a form of dead naming then? And it shouldn't be made available as Serryah and Avro claim?

If your a lawyer like you claim you know most applications ask for maiden names to be entered for vetting, I've also seen questions on an application asking if you changed your name in the last number of years.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
So it's not a form of dead naming then? And it shouldn't be made available as Serryah and Avro claim?
If your a lawyer like you claim you know most applications ask for maiden names to be entered for vetting, I've also seen questions on an application asking if you changed your name in the last number of years.
Oh, NOW I see what you're driving at!

You think background check forms are the standard for courtesy in civil society!

Ohhhh-KAY. I'll just back away slowly.

Seriously, dude. Why do you think that your opinions should determine whether somebody is called Bob, Robert, Malik Al-Shabazz, or Peggy Sue, rather than what that person wants to be called?

When you meet someone and he says "Hi, I'm Mike," do you subject him to an interrogation of whether his birth certificate says "Mike," "Michael," "Micheal", "Mikhail" or something else entirely? Do you demand ID?

Boy howdy, you must be a BLAST at parties!

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

No, it's not a form of deadnaming.

Really, your tryhard is trying too hard.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Getting these people to grasp the simplest concept is like pulling teeth.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Two Trumps actually

The good old days, when I was still young and handsome, not a care in the world lmao