Denial site

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I felt my dick move a little.
Even after the umpteenth time, I still get a tingly feeling in ma tummy!

These guys are awesome.
Aren't they though.

Whatever turns your crank manno :). But if you accept a job you should care enough. To do it
It appears that he does.

Dogging the site, will garner the ire of the Mods, the patrons, and eventually the Admin.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Denial site? I don't agree with that. Sure there's lots of posters who fall on the fake skeptic or denial side, but that doesn't mean this is a denial site. It's a forum, lots of opinions. If I wanted to post with like minded people I wouldn't come to this forum. There's lots of places out there on the web where one can find that.

The forum has gone through some ebbs and flows with regards to prevailing poster opinion. A denial site remains...a denial site. For denial sites, try Anthony Watts blog. There's probably no better example than Watts' flip flop after the BEST results were published.

beaker

Electoral Member
Jun 11, 2012
thepeacecountry
Even after the umpteenth time, I still get a tingly feeling in ma tummy!

Aren't they though.

It appears that he does.
Dogging the site, will garner the ire of the Mods, the patrons, and eventually the Admin.

on the other hand if the admin wants to be seen as a good site, ie one where mods know what their options are and don't simply put down patrons then a newby mod should be instructed on his conduct

Last edited:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
on the other hand if the admin wants to be seen as a good site, ie one where mods know what there options are and don't simply put down patrons then a newby mod should be instructed on his conduct

If his text was not in green, his actions were that of a poster not as a mod. Thats what I was tought when I joined this site. Mods are posters (and perhaps even people) too.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
on the other hand if the admin wants to be seen as a good site, ie one where mods know what there options are and don't simply put down patrons then a newby mod should be instructed on his conduct
Loc is/was a Mod and an Admin on another site before he was a Mod here.

I've known him for years, he's had to Moderate me numerous times over the years.

He speaks his mind, if you're a passive member, posting what's on your mind without being a troll or a goon, he'll simply reply in kind or ignore you.

If you're a goon that attacks the site and other members without warrant, he gives you what you beg for.

Kind of like what I gave you, when you begged for it.

ETA: And what Ski said, lol.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Whatever turns your crank manno :). But if you accept a job you should care enough. To do it

Redmonton_Rebel

Electoral Member
May 13, 2012
Like I said, if you lack a conscience then it's all just fun and games, you obviously don't give a damn that rapid climate change is associated with mass extinction in the geological record.

beaker

Electoral Member
Jun 11, 2012
thepeacecountry
If his text was not in green, his actions were that of a poster not as a mod. Thats what I was tought when I joined this site. Mods are posters (and perhaps even people) too.

Well that would be a handy thing to know. I don't think that it absolves a moderator from having to behave a step above so that when he has to moderate he will have some respect.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Well that would be a handy thing to know. I don't think that it absolves a moderator from having to behave a step above so that when he has to moderate he will have some respect.
Why would anyone lose respect for someone who trolls a troll?

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
on the other hand if the admin wants to be seen as a good site, ie one where mods know what their options are and don't simply put down patrons then a newby mod should be instructed on his conduct

Obviously you need to create such a "good site", (oops, it has been done and we don't go there) instead of whining here. It could make you much more famous than the rest of the "rabble".

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The opening of this topic is base on assumptions period. First of all it said in the face of
proof. The fact is there is no proof. Yes there is incredible heat waves, there are serious
storms, and other activity. Is it really from long term global warming, or is it some form of
climate change? Is it a series of unstable weather patterns? Think about it, in 1936 the
weather was as severe or more severe. There was drought, there was incredible heat,
incredible dust storms and all kinds of turmoil.
In addition we have introduced fear, yes fear into the equation that many want to discuss
seriously. Even if we were to face long term climate change? Does that automatically
mean the change is bad? Does it have a predetermined outcome? We could see ten
years of change and then move in another direction. America with climate issues in the
thirties saw the pattern change again drastically after 1942,
I think change is constant so in that sense there is climate change, its not the end of the
world. And climate change does not automatically mean global warming either. The
other thing, that troubles me is that those who don't embrace global warming is always a
right winger. I am both right and left depending on the issue, and usually I am slightly
more left than right. I don't believe we are going to experience the end of the world, I do
not believe we are facing long term global warming either.
The whole issue tends to run on emotion, and fear rather than on the long term facts
which are scant at best.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Time for the Cookie Truck for you.

No damn way, let him get his own cookies. We're not sharing! ;)

Why would anyone lose respect for someone who trolls a troll?

No one with the capacity to follow a thread would.

Like I said, if you lack a conscience then it's all just fun and games, you obviously don't give a damn that rapid climate change is associated with mass extinction in the geological record.

What exactly is it that you are hoping to achieve by being here? Because I recall when you first arrived, anyone who actually attempted to debate you did so rather congenially. You made it very clear that it was your way or the highway. Then you called all Canadians stupid, well only the ones who didn't agree with you of course. Then you labeled everyone here who didn't absolutely agree with you a sociopath. So what the hell is it you want? If, as you say, this is vitally important to you, one would think you'd be more interested in finding a way to convince others of the importance.

But you don't do that. You call everyone sociopaths. Excellent way to impart your information by the way, insult everyone who actually tries to talk to you (that's sure to get them to listen) until your left with people who have no more use for you than ridicule. They love to play this game with self-important individuals such as yourself. And they're very good at it too.

Of course it is possible that you're only purpose in being here is to antagonize and insult as many people as possible. If that's the case, you're doing a bang up job! Carry on.

Meanwhile, if I have any interest in information on the topic, I'll read Tonington's posts. He behaves like a human being talking to other human beings and has managed to achieve the one thing that you will never achieve here. Respect.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Meanwhile, if I have any interest in information on the topic, I'll read Tonington's posts. He behaves like a human being talking to other human beings and has managed to achieve the one thing that you will never achieve here. Respect.
Bingo!!!

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
It isn't a question of toughness. it is whether this is a forum for discussing ideas, opinion, and fact . For a mod to intimate that a poster is a jerk is not likely to encourage other and new posters to express themselves. If that is the desire of the management, fine, otherwise an apology would be a good idea.

LIkewise, for a poster to imply that he'd like to see the forum shut down or brought up on charges because people don't agree with him, is attempting to censor and shut down debate.

It warrants a bit of a telling off.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Ain't no saints in here. I don't care who they are.

Well, maybe except for miss Zan. ;-)

Oh wait...