Chris Wallace interviews Clinton

gc

Electoral Member
May 9, 2006
#juan said:
I have never been able to understand why Clinton's sex life was anybody's business but his and Monika's. Or why a BJ was worse than killing a hundred thousand people, or a couple million people for that matter.

hear, hear

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
I can easily understand the outrage over a bj- if you kept a journal throughout all that time. I've kept one since the 70's. Looking back at some entries during the 'Lewinsky era' I can recover the frustration of the time. The North American media were inundated with updates on the president's supposed dalliance with a WH intern. This all coming of course during the high tide of hysteria over child sexual abuse. If a president could induce, coerce or seduce another under his authority, he was one helluva role model for those chaperoning the education and welfare of minors.
If you're the president you're a role model. It's part of the job description.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
Re: RE: Chris Wallace interviews Clinton

tamarin said:

I have to say, that's something I would expect an American to say but not a Canadian. I've always known politicians weren't my role models. Anyone who didn't know that prior to the mid 90s was very naive. I also don't find it hard to separate abuse from consensual relationships so maybe that's why I'm not outraged.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

tamarin said:
I can easily understand the outrage over a bj- if you kept a journal throughout all that time. I've kept one since the 70's. Looking back at some entries during the 'Lewinsky era' I can recover the frustration of the time. The North American media were inundated with updates on the president's supposed dalliance with a WH intern. This all coming of course during the high tide of hysteria over child sexual abuse. If a president could induce, coerce or seduce another under his authority, he was one helluva role model for those chaperoning the education and welfare of minors.

You could be right, but without the press, nobody would have been aware that it ever happened. Monica was a plant. She saved the dress she was wearing at the time of the infamous BJ and had it all ready for the Republican smear campaign for DNA testing. I would prefer Clinton over Bush for president any day.

gc

Electoral Member
May 9, 2006

tamarin said:
If a president could induce, coerce or seduce another under his authority, he was one helluva role model for those chaperoning the education and welfare of minors.

Do you think Bush is a better role model than Clinton? Or what about Reagan? Or a lot of other presidents?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
A friend of GW Bush offered to take him out for the a really great BJ. Bush said, " I hope there will be carpets because the little stones in the gravel are hard on the knees and ruin a good pair of trousers."

Badda bum.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
This topic has turned into the usual rhetoric. Whether Clinton or Bush are satan's children, there is nothing to be learned here and I am ashamed I have contributed. How curious it is to me...

...I rarely see Americans having much to say about Canada's government expecially of the low calibre demonstrated here, while Canadians think nothing about adding their opinions about the government of the U.S. - generally negative.

It would seem your information in Canada is generally soundbite central - and you accept it. Why should you not? You have your own problems with your own government.

Unfortunately U.S.A. politics is a topic which Canadians know little of it seems, preferring to go with the common form of bash rather than understanding the intricacies of the relationship among the political divide, the media influence, and the ongoing war for an ideology which unfortunately will be with the world for decades or longer, perhaps wiping out all vestiges of democracy as we have enjoyed. These activities plus the funding of countless other nations in deep distress at the very expense of their own people in the U.S. Americans are supporting at least one or two other members of the world without having the pleasure of ever knowing them or meeting them. But it is an accepted part of life for a country which has been blessed with economic good fortune.

While we could be living the lives of content and comfort without regard to other people - with none of us going in want - we sacrifice daily for others around the world, send our young to be killed, send our helpers to assist, our educators to enlighten and our experts to enrich, our scientists to share and our explorers to extend our boundaries of knowledge, and untold wealth donated by Americans who have struck personal gold and seek to uplift others not as fortunate. The U.S. has opened its welcoming gate wide for its entire existence, even while at the present time being abused for it and struggling to meet the demand of those who wish to live in that nation. We try. While Canadians mock.

I find this kind of dialogue below what I believe Canadians to be - settling for insult rather than informed comment. I don't know where Canadians are going with this value system - but it cannot be far - rather shortsighted. To exist in imaginary competition with a foe who does not see you - is a waste of your good minds.

It would seem the favorite pastime is not hockey but bashing the U.S.A. How sad for Canada to spend the worthy time of their wonderful people slogging along in the narrow path of criticism and crank.

Last edited:
Reactions: thomaska

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Clinton was ready for someone to bring up the book and Wallace walked right into it.

Clinton has every right to be pissed about being the target of yet another sleezy smear campaign. The fact that all people remember about his 8 year Presidency is a sex scandle, proves that.

Someone should give Bush a blow job if it would make him behave less like a war criminal and more like Clinton.

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
This topic has turned into the usual rhetoric. Whether Clinton or Bush are satan's children, there is nothing to be learned here and I am ashamed I have contributed. How curious it is to me...

...I rarely see Americans having much to say about Canada's government expecially of the low calibre demonstrated here, while Canadians think nothing about adding their opinions about the government of the U.S. - generally negative.

It would seem your information in Canada is generally soundbite central - and you accept it. Why should you not? You have your own problems with your own government.

Unfortunately U.S.A. politics is a topic which Canadians know little of it seems, preferring to go with the common form of bash rather than understanding the intricacies of the relationship among the political divide, the media influence, and the ongoing war for an ideology which unfortunately will be with the world for decades or longer, perhaps wiping out all vestiges of democracy as we have enjoyed. These activities plus the funding of countless other nations in deep distress at the very expense of their own people in the U.S. Americans are supporting at least one or two other members of the world without having the pleasure of ever knowing them or meeting them. But it is an accepted part of life for a country which has been blessed with economic good fortune.

While we could be living the lives of content and comfort without regard to other people - with none of us going in want - we sacrifice daily for others around the world, send our young to be killed, send our helpers to assist, our educators to enlighten and our experts to enrich, our scientists to share and our explorers to extend our boundaries of knowledge, and untold wealth donated by Americans who have struck personal gold and seek to uplift others not as fortunate. The U.S. has opened its welcoming gate wide for its entire existence, even while at the present time being abused for it and struggling to meet the demand of those who wish to live in that nation. We try. While Canadians mock.

I find this kind of dialogue below what I believe Canadians to be - settling for insult rather than informed comment. I don't know where Canadians are going with this value system - but it cannot be far - rather shortsighted. To exist in imaginary competition with a foe who does not see you - is a waste of your good minds.

It would seem the favorite pastime is not hockey but bashing the U.S.A. How sad for Canada to spend the worthy time of their wonderful people slogging along in the narrow path of criticism and crank.

Wow. Great post. The last sentence in the next to last paragraph especially rings of truth.

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
Clinton had the chance to capture him, but choose not to do it, as soon as the republican get into office, they back off fbi from alqueada and bin laden, both administration didnt and won't do anything to capture him.Simple fact.

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006

Good post for some, ignorant for others and "last resort argument post" when you have none left.

when right-wing americans, have nothing else to add, everyone are anti-americans, anti-semite or just bashing the us, bashing the us, is something everyone in the world should do,JUST LOOK WHAT YOU GUYS ARE DOING TO THE WORLD RIGHT NOW, ESPECIALLY ARAB NATION, having 730 military based on 130 country, is something to be considered as well, pretty much of a threath to me.

Only in USA and probably in israel too, where you can find peoples who think the 2 nuclear bomb dropped on japan saved lives, everytime i talk to an american, i always ask the same exact question, and they all answer the same, pretty pathetic to me.

Of course, americans won't talk about canadians politics or any others, you guys don't even know your own politics, media and us politiciens are so much together( all dictators around the world must be very jealous)they succeded to confused americans with hussein and bin laden, they succeded to re-elect george bush, this president is pretty much of an exemple of what americans are in general, ignorants and mostly stupid.

Democrates and republicans seems to be in opposite side, but they have the exact same agenda, what is the joke? there is 300 millions of peoples, still they only have 2 choice.

Peoples around the world are tired of your arrogant behavior and irresponsible, period.

Lieutenant Governor

Aug 27, 2006
Ontario

Maybe you have nothing to say about Canada's government because you are ignorant? Maybe Canadians generally negative opinions of America come from the generally negative actions of America? Generally.

It would seem that you use the words 'generally' alot. Is this because you have no actual knowledge of where or what information Canadians recieve?

Unfortunately U.S.A. politics is a topic which Canadians know little of it seems, preferring to go with the common form of bash rather than understanding the intricacies of the relationship among the political divide, the media influence, and the ongoing war for an ideology which unfortunately will be with the world for decades or longer, perhaps wiping out all vestiges of democracy as we have enjoyed.

Replace the word Canadian with American and it still applys.

These activities plus the funding of countless other nations in deep distress at the very expense of their own people in the U.S. Americans are supporting at least one or two other members of the world without having the pleasure of ever knowing them or meeting them. But it is an accepted part of life for a country which has been blessed with economic good fortune.While we could be living the lives of content and comfort without regard to other people - with none of us going in want - we sacrifice daily for others around the world, send our young to be killed, send our helpers to assist, our educators to enlighten and our experts to enrich, our scientists to share and our explorers to extend our boundaries of knowledge, and untold wealth donated by Americans who have struck personal gold and seek to uplift others not as fortunate.

Yea! Canadians never helped nobody! Just a bunch of arrogant assholes we are.
You make it sound like your the only country to ever help another. Do you think America's the only country that helps others?

The U.S. has opened its welcoming gate wide for its entire existence, even while at the present time being abused for it and struggling to meet the demand of those who wish to live in that nation. We try. While Canadians mock.

What the hell are you talking about?

So this is your 'informed' comment? Why don't you open up a book and learn that Canadians and Americans cannot be so grossly generalized. We are both large nations with many different demographics and opinions. To try and sum it all up and say 'Americans are this...' and 'Canadians are that...' shows just how ignorant you are.

Says the criticizer. And I hate hockey.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Excellant Post WC. The Anti-American attitude Canadians are spewing forth is going to cost us all Tourist Dollars. There were three editorials in last weeks paper from Mericans telling us how appalled they were with their treatment in N.S. locals blaming all Americans for the Bush's Policies. It's insulting to visitors to have to listen to this propaganda. We need tourism in Nove Scotia, it's a vital part of our economy. If you don't agree with Bush and Iraq fine, but don't take it out on all Americans. It's childish.

Regarding Bill C., he had a meltdown and I found it funny, I don't like the man. He and his buddy Monika ruined my name, I have had to endure alot of tasteless jokes because of that lying little scuse bucket.

Lieutenant Governor

Aug 27, 2006
Ontario
Clinton is a man i can respect. To paraphrase Eminem..

He's got the balls to say it in front of ya'll and he don't gotta be false or sugar coated at all. He just gets on the mic and spits it and wether you like to admit it, He just better than 90% of the politicians out there.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Unfortunately, this is what happens on a forum when the topic changes from the usual rhetoric to criticizing the posters for having opinions.

Lets get back to slagging the politicians, not each other personally.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Excellant Post WC. The Anti-American attitude Canadians are spewing forth is going to cost us all Tourist Dollars. There were three editorials in last weeks paper from Mericans telling us how appalled they were with their treatment in N.S. locals blaming all Americans for the Bush's Policies. It's insulting to visitors to have to listen to this propaganda. We need tourism in Nove Scotia, it's a vital part of our economy. If you don't agree with Bush and Iraq fine, but don't take it out on all Americans. It's childish.

Regarding Bill C., he had a meltdown and I found it funny, I don't like the man. He and his buddy Monika ruined my name, I have had to endure alot of tasteless jokes because of that lying little scuse bucket.

Sassylassie Lewinski?