China tells Bush to stay out of other countries' affairs

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC

Man, I love the pictures they find.
(Squeeze that fart out Bush.... Fbbbrrapptt... ah... Minty)

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2008/08/07/china-bush.html

Chinese officials have told U.S. President George W. Bush to stay out of other countries' affairs after he condemned Beijing's human rights record before heading to the Olympic Games.

"We resolutely oppose any words or actions which interfere in the internal affairs of another country in the name of issues such as human rights and religion," Foreign Ministry spokesman Qin Gang said Thursday in a statement on its website that was translated by the Associated Press.

The statement was published hours after Bush criticized China's approach to freedom and rights of citizens in a speech in Thailand during a three-country tour of Asia before heading to China for Friday's Olympic opening ceremonies.

"America stands in firm opposition to China's detention of political dissidents, and human rights advocates and religious activists," Bush said in Bangkok early Thursday.

"We press for openness and justice not to impose our beliefs, but to allow the Chinese people to express theirs."
China 'puts people first'

Bush said he wasn't trying to antagonize China, but called for free press, free assembly and labour rights in China as the only path the U.S. rival can take to reach its full potential.

But China seemed irritated by the comments on the eve of the international sporting event.

"The Chinese government puts people first, and is dedicated to maintaining and promoting its citizens' basic rights and freedom," said Qin in a statement. "Chinese citizens have freedom of religion. These are indisputable facts."

Qin said there are divergences between China and U.S., but noted that it is in the common interest of both countries to have a good relationship, and advocated talks on the differing views.

Leading up to the Olympics from Aug. 8 to 24, Bush has been walking a tightrope, trying to avoid causing China embarrassment for its time in the world limelight, but coming under pressure to use his visit to press China for greater religious tolerance and other freedoms.
Tries to address 2 polar issues

Bush's speech praised China for market reforms, saying change in the country "will arrive on its own terms, and in keeping with its own history and its own traditions."

"With this speech, Bush is trying to address two polar issues: easing the controversy created by those who oppose his visit during the Games and simultaneously maintaining America's strategy with China," said Yan Xuetong, an expert in U.S.-China relations at Beijing's prestigious Tsinghua University.

Bush, due to arrive in Beijing later Thursday, has said the Games are not the right occasion to push a U.S. political agenda, and he is visiting as a sports fan. He plans to attend the opening ceremony and several sporting events.

Ahead of the Games, China has rounded up opponents and imposed restrictions on journalists, despite promises to the contrary when it landed the Olympics.

So do you think Bush is in a position to preach about Human Rights, when he has removed many basic human rights from his prisoners in Cuba?

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Sure, he is president of the oldest democracy and people in the U.S. aren't jailed for what should be in any country freedom of expression and speech.

As far as I know nobody in Guantamano Bay has gotten a bullet in the back of the head for nothing.

China can go F itself as far as I'm concerned.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Sure, he is president of the oldest democracy and people in the U.S. aren't jailed for what should be in any country freedom of expression and speech.

Being the president of one of the oldests democracies isn't an excuse for his own actions.

And people still get jailed, fined and punished for things they say in the US.... there is no such thing as absolute freedom of speech anywhere in any country with any form of government today.

As far as I know nobody in Guantamano Bay has gotten a bullet in the back of the head for nothing.

And nobody got a bullet in the back of the head for nothing in China. Everybody has their reasons.

China can go F itself as far as I'm concerned.

And the US can lick my hairy Sac De Lure.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Being the president of one of the oldests democracies isn't an excuse for his own actions.

And people still get jailed, fined and punished for things they say in the US.... there is no such thing as absolute freedom of speech anywhere in any country with any form of government today.

And nobody got a bullet in the back of the head for nothing in China. Everybody has their reasons.

And the US can lick my hairy Sac De Lure.

Name one person in jail in the U.S. for political free speech......one.

So you would prefer China as the Worlds police or perhaps the former USSR? I'd glad I live next to the U.S. it could be far worse.

Justice in China isn't blind.... it just has Chinese characteristics

«HE»News and Politics :: Human rights and personal freedoms :: News and Perspectives :: email
posted Saturday, 16 December 2006

While the Chinese legal system has often been criticized for being unjust and opaque, there remain a number of cases each year that stand out from among the rest as being particularly indicative of "Justice with Chinese characteristics". One such case is that of 20 year old land reform activist Chen Tao, who, late last month, had a particularly bad experience with the Chinese justice system.

(In)justice

In 2004, Chen took part in protests against the Pubugou dam in Hanyuan county, Sichuan province. The construction of which was scheduled to result in the forced displacement of approximately 100,000 people. During the course of the protest riots broke out, leading to the death of a member of the security forces for which Chen was tried and convicted in April 2005.

In accordance with Chinese law, Chen was granted the right to appeal his conviction. No date was set for his appeal, and his lawyer, Ran Tong, spent 18 months approaching authorities in order to secure a date without success. Each time being told that an appeal hearing would be granted at a later date.

However, upon approaching authorities on 4 December this year, again seeking a firm date for Chen's appeal, Ran was given a sentencing sheet indicating that the appeal had already been held in a closed court and he had been sentenced to death. More than this though, the sentence had already been carried out on 28 November. Chen had been sent death without a lawyer present to defend him, and had been executed in secret.

You should go to Hyde Park in London where they have speakers corner, I was there last month, I'd like to see what would happen in good old free China if someone tried that there.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
The yankees always seem to think they can control the world's affairs. They should just butt out... bushinski is one of the worlds biggest hipocrites.

Reactions: Scott Free

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

So you would prefer China as the Worlds police or perhaps the former USSR? I'd glad I live next to the U.S. it could be far worse.

You should go to Hyde Park in London where they have speakers corner, I was there last month, I'd like to see what would happen in good old free China if someone tried that there.

Avro, I agree completely.

Praxius, you are so far out of line on this one I suspect you of trolling.....it is either that or absolute ignorance......

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007

You didn't specify "Political Speech" and if it was Political Free Speech in China, then nobody would be arrested, as it would be "Free Speech" silly.

OOoooo The Former USSR.... I could skew the perspective too by calling the US a Police State... it doesn't do the argument any good though now does it?

Do I want Russia or China to be the World Police? No..... I don't any country to be the World Police, as no other country should have that right in the first place, including the US.... they and everybody else should stay the hell out of everybody else's business. We have different countries and borders for a reason.... because they're all different, and one country shouldn't be able to bully around other nations based on their own principles, plain and simple.

It could be worse indeed... Israel could be the World Police.... now wouldn't that be a wonderful world to live in?

Different country, different laws, different way of life.... it's sorta common sense why there are differences. Where we have certain freedoms, they don't and where we don't, they do..... it's the way things go.

Our countries are sure as hell not perfect, we have our own flaws, and we have our own human rights problems we should be dealing with, and until we fix our own, we have no position to be pointing fingers at others.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Avro, I agree completely.

Praxius, you are so far out of line on this one I suspect you of trolling.....it is either that or absolute ignorance......

I am so far out of line for explaining it for how it is? Get back to reality for a bit why don't you.

It's no different telling Bush to shut his pie hole over human rights as it is for me to tell Harper to shut his pie hole over human rights until he fixes the problems with our natives and the inequality and piss poor living conditions they live in everyday.

And I find it pretty ignorant for you all to be dictating Democratic practices to a Communist Nation. Get a Clue

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
I asked you to name one you couldn't. Now name one, just one, person arrested for saying something.

Who's bullying who? By saying they have poor human rights that's bullying? Perhaps we should stay out of Africa and sending aid to countries because it's none of our buisness. Let's ignore what happened in Burma or Darfur or Somalia.

Name the the freedoms they (China) have that we don't.

What's wrong with Isreal? They defend themselves?

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
I asked you to name one you couldn't. Now name one, just one, person arrested for saying something.

I didn't respond, because your question related to something I said which had nothing directly to do with what you are now asking.

But I'll play along for a bit:

CODEPINK Citizens Arrested for commiting FREE SPEECH in Wash, DC (video)
http://dandelionsalad.wordpress.com...d-for-commiting-free-speech-in-wash-dc-video/

Peaceful onlookers were arrested by police for reading the Constitution while a pro-war group was allowed full freedom of speech in Washington DC recently in another flagrant example of how American cops are now the enforcers of a tyrannical police state.

Police are required to swear an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution but this didn’t stop them from kidnapping members of the Code Pink group, who gathered on a nearby sidewalk to calmly express their disagreement with a Neo-Con pro-war event taking place nearby by reading the bill of rights.

The pro-occupation group “Vets for Freedom” held a rally at Upper Senate Park, Washington DC, on Saturday September 22nd. Their guest speakers included Neo-Con criminals John McCain, Johny Isakson and Joe Lieberman.

A common theme of the event was that U.S. troops in Iraq were there to “protect the freedom” of the Iraqi people, but this freedom didn’t seem to apply to the group of American citizens that decided to use their first amendment right of free speech to voice their dissent.

Five members of Code Pink were arrested, one for reading the Constitution, as police refused to say what the charges were and refused to answer any questions while demonstrators were hauled into paddy wagons.

Who's bullying who? By saying they have poor human rights that's bullying? Perhaps we should stay out of Africa and sending aid to countries because it's none of our buisness. Let's ignore what happened in Burma or Darfur or Somalia.

There, now you're getting it.... if they want their countries to be run the way they want, and it ends up destroying themselves or killing thousands or millions of their own people, then that's their own stupidity.

I do not agree with sending billions of dollars to countries in 3rd world countries who are starving and full of diseases because of their own slack ability to educate their populus and give their people jobs. They will never learn how to properly live if every year they are dependant on begging other countries for food and medical supplies for their own AIDS infested sex lives.

If they want the help from other nations and have their rules and their laws/securities, then perhaps they should join said nation and raise their flag.

Name the the freedoms they (China) have that we don't.

I don't need to explain what China has over the US or even Canada / vice versa... it's as simple as balancing the differences between Communism and Democracy.... which both have their pros and cons.

What's wrong with Isreal? They defend themselves?

Israel is the worst police state to date, and although they want to have as much power as the US, the US wants to have the amount of control over their people Israel currently enjoys. No wonder why their relationship is so close.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I am so far out of line for explaining it for how it is? Get back to reality for a bit why don't you.

It's no different telling Bush to shut his pie hole over human rights as it is for me to tell Harper to shut his pie hole over human rights until he fixes the problems with our natives and the inequality and piss poor living conditions they live in everyday.

And I find it pretty ignorant for you all to be dictating Democratic practices to a Communist Nation. Get a Clue

Jesus, who peed in your Corn Flakes this morning?

First of all, I hadn't noticed that the United States Republican party has murdered at least 50 million of their own citizens in the last 60 years. The Chinese Communist Party has, in fact as many as 70 million have died on the altar of ideological purity. To approach a accusation of parity between the USA and China on human rights grounds is either incredibly stupid, or incredibly ignorant. Take your pick.

Secondly, which persecuted natives would they be? The ones we pay out $25,000 a year per person for? The ones that insist they keep collecting all that cash with no accountability so they can keep their collectivist, corrupt political system in place? The ones that claim to own land sold in 1840? The ones the gov't just finished apologising to for a nasty attempt to assimilate in schools 40 years ago? SPARE me. Were the Amerindians in China, most would be dead.

Thirdly, the reason the Chinese need to be dictated to is BECAUSE they are a Communist nation. Relativists like yourself should have to spend a year there, shooting off your ignorant face. See how long it takes before you get a bullet in the back of the head.

If you are lucky, they will only harvest your organs after you are dead. That is ONLY if you are lucky, they often harvest kidneys before the execution.

YOU get a Phucking clue.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007

Countless Black Americans, Latinos and of course those dirty nasty pot smoking hippies.
To name a few.

Sorry what was it that happened in Rwanda again?

While it's always the right time to speak out against human rights abuses we should also consider taking the lumber out of our own eye while we condescend to others about the speck in theirs.

Reactions: Praxius

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Jesus, who peed in your Corn Flakes this morning?

Nobody, I had two Egg Sandwhiches and a can of lemonade pop.

First of all, I hadn't noticed that the United States Republican party has murdered at least 50 million of their own citizens in the last 60 years.

Well we all know how good they are at removing details they don't want the public to know :p

And 50 million? Who's records are those? Do you by chance have any souces for that claim?

And besides... 50 million in 60 years isn't that big when you considder their population. I'm not shedding a tear.

The Chinese Communist Party has, in fact as many as 70 million have died on the altar of ideological purity. To approach a accusation of parity between the USA and China on human rights grounds is either incredibly stupid, or incredibly ignorant. Take your pick.

A democratic country trying to tell a communist country how to run their nation is what I think is incredibly stupid as well as ignorant.

Secondly, which persecuted natives would they be? The ones we pay out $25,000 a year per person for? The ones that insist they keep collecting all that cash with no accountability so they can keep their collectivist, corrupt political system in place? The ones that claim to own land sold in 1840? The ones the gov't just finished apologising to for a nasty attempt to assimilate in schools 40 years ago? SPARE me. Were the Amerindians in China, most would be dead.

http://www.elizabethfry.ca/release/18oct05.pdf

"October 18,2005—Geneva: 19 representatives of Canadian non-governmental
organizations (NGOs) are in Geneva, Switzerland for the review by the United Nations
Human Rights Committee of Canada’s compliance with the International Covenant on
Civil and Political Rights.

Yesterday, on the International Day for the Elimination of Poverty, the NGOs made
submissions that provided Committee members with the benefit of their experience and
that of their constituents on the realities of what has been happening on the ground in
Canada.

The NGOs represent a wide range of interest areas and are in Geneva to highlight the
desperate situation faced by members of numerous disadvantaged groups in Canada.
“The members of the UN Human Rights Committee were plainly troubled by the
deepening of poverty in Canada and by the continuing inadequacy of welfare programs,
which the National Council of Welfare has called an ‘utter disaster’.They particularly
noted the negative effect on women, Aboriginal peoples, racialized minorities and people
with disabilities. Canada was also asked about the concerted slashing of social programs
and protections undertaken recently by the Government of British Columbia,” said
Shelagh Day of the Feminist Alliance for International Alliance.

Vince Calderhead of the Charter Committee on Poverty Issues stated: “The Committee
expressed serious concern to Canada’s representatives about why people with mental
disabilities languish in detention—after being medically and legally approved for
release—solely because of a lack of appropriate housing. This situation has now risen to
a international human rights question.”

Bev Jacobs, President of the Native Women’s Association of Canada (NWAC) said, “We
were encouraged to hear Canada inform the Human Rights Committee that NWAC will
finally receive the $5 million that the Government has promised us so that we may
document the scope of the human rights violation involved in the missing and murdered
Aboriginal women. We are pleased as well that the Committee expressed concern that the
money was insufficient. Importantly, the Committee asked Canada to ensure that
adequate statistics are gathered about the extent of violence against Aboriginal women
and pressed for more information about whether protocols for action are being adopted to
guarantee effective policing responses to this pressing human rights tragedy.”

Kim Pate of the Canadian Association of Elizabeth Fry Societies said: “Notably, on
Person’s Day, the Committee told Canada that it should remedy the violations of human
rights experienced by women prisoners, and asked Canada what it intends to do to
implement the recommendations of the Canadian Human Rights Commission and the
Arbour Commission.”

Margaret Parsons of the African Canadian Legal Clinic said: “For the first time this
Committee has considered seriously the issue of racial profiling, and other specific
human rights violations experienced by Canada’s diverse African Canadian population.”

“The Committee was clearly concerned that Canada’s counter-terrorism practices may
be falling far short of Canada’s international obligations,” said Alex Neve, Secretary
General of Amnesty International Canada. “Issues raised included Canada’s policy of
deporting alleged security risks to countries where they face torture, immigration security
certificates, the statutory definition of “terrorism” and concerns about the possibility of a
Canadian version of extraordinary rendition in cases where Canadian citizens, under
investigation in national security cases, have ended up being detained and tortured in
foreign jail cells.”

“Fifteen years ago, this Committee concluded that the plight of the Lubicon Cree in
northern Alberta constituted a violation of Canada’s obligations under this treaty,” noted
Ed Bianchi, Aboriginal Rights Program Coordinator with KAIROS. “Committee
members were clearly concerned that all these years later there is still no just resolution
of this longstanding land and resource dispute. Questions were raised as to the legitimacy
of the government’s negotiating position.”

The Committee was understandably frustrated that many of the issues covered at this
session have come up in the context of past reviews as well, and that there are numerous
recommendations the Committee has made previously, which Canada has either failed or
outright refused to implement. This lack of progress reflects wide concerns Canadian
NGOs have about an ‘implementation gap’ when it comes to Canada living up to its
international obligations. The federal and provincial governments do not have a publicly
accountable, well-coordinated approach to ensuring compliance with international human
rights treaties. The need for a new approach is long overdue."

You may think our country's human rights violations are trivial.... I don't... and since I have native background within my own family, I take it very seriously, so for you to bitch and trivialize native's rights and issues within our country as something to make fun of, you can kiss my ass until it's purple...... and to ignore the other violations which occur in our nation is just small minded.

You can nit pick which country has more violations over another, or try and make another nation seem like the bad guy over another, it doesn't remove the facts and truths about our own nation's as well as the US's long list of violations.

Fix our own before we start preaching to others to fix theirs.... you're argument is hypocritical.

Thirdly, the reason the Chinese need to be dictated to is BECAUSE they are a Communist nation. Relativists like yourself should have to spend a year there, shooting off your ignorant face. See how long it takes before you get a bullet in the back of the head.

Spare me your trivial crap about living in their country. I live here, I focus my attention on what affects my nation and the people living around me... let them deal with their own lives as it should be. I won't go and live there, because that isn't the way of life I want..... they apparently do or there would be an uprising if it was as bad as we all like to think.

And of course I guess you're completely forgetful of what happened in Iraq when the US turned their country totally upside down..... it's still a mess, and the majority still want things to go back to what they were used to. They live the lives they are acustomed to, just as we do.... your argument is irrelevent.

If you are lucky, they will only harvest your organs after you are dead. That is ONLY if you are lucky, they often harvest kidneys before the execution.

YOU get a Phucking clue.

I'm not the one thinking I live in such a perfect society that everybody should follow to a tee.... go live in the US if you want to keep that attitude.... it's working so well for them so far.

My stance is, and will continue to remain so.... is that we should be focusing on our own human rights violations and setting an example.... then and only then can I feel justified in pointing my finger at other countries' human right's issues.

But until that time, you can get the fk'n clue, a'thankya.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006

Man, I love the pictures they find.
(Squeeze that fart out Bush.... Fbbbrrapptt... ah... Minty)

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2008/08/07/china-bush.html

So do you think Bush is in a position to preach about Human Rights, when he has removed many basic human rights from his prisoners in Cuba?

The Chinese Iron communist grip and Bush they are both F HYPOCRITES.
They should both move to another planet, their bull sh!t mentality is ****ing Planet Earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Praxius