Cfl 2017

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
The crossover is one of the reasons I'm less of a fan of the CFL recently. It's ridiculous to give a fourth place team an easier path to the championship game.

You would rather give a shitty 3rd place team an easier path? They should do like the NFL -- division winners then 4 wild cards.

Ottawa @ Winnipeg
Sask @ Edmonton

But you lose the east west thing. Of course if SK wins next week, it will be SK and a western club. If it winds up being Winnipeg you would have a case where the Western Winner is physically east of the Eastern Winner.

I now have a dilemma for next Sunday. I don't own too much that is green.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
You would rather give a shitty 3rd place team an easier path?

Preferably, yes. A better option would be to give the first place team the option to crossover. Why should the top three teams in a division have a harder path. It's stupid to reward a weaker team but heck, that's the CFL.

The team that crosses over should be seeded based on the records (ie - the western team should host east final and TO and Ottawa should have played the semi

Last edited:

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
You waited all season to make that point?

Nope. I've always opposed it. Another reason is that it potentially sets up a Calgary/Edmonton Grey Cup if one of them happens to crossover. That would be good for Alberta but not for the league

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Tied 10 apiece at half-time. This one is a slog-fest. Esks are not playing as well as I thought they would - they had 4 drops by their receivers already. Reilly's been sacked twice.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Until the East gets another team or BC folds it's going to stat that way so quit bitching.

Technically should the East have good teams and the west have weak teams, the eastern team could in theory cross over to the west. That just doesn't seem likely.

I have located a Roughrider baseball cap. My son is determined to cheer for the Argos despite my threats of disowning. He is also bringing a friend who will also be cheering for the Argos. I will try to be a gracious winner when the Argos get crushed.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

Me three........and I thought that the Eskimos were the team to do it. They were slow off the mark today until Gable got his legs under him and then it was the Esks all the way. Hope they have enough left in the tank to cream the Stamps. I want to see them absolutely humiliate Calgary in their own barn.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
In looking for new ways to annoy my son the Argo fan I found a song which we used to sing in the stands during my youth (bleak years -- early 80s -- hard time to be a Rider fan). Not sure if it is still sung today. But I found it on youtube and it did get my son out of bed this morning. :)

[youtube]6OzttYRJ-_Y&list=FL-kbJ-SZjikCaAqNGQ6F9jA&index=1[/youtube]