Cfl 2017

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
AAAARGH! My beloved RougeBlacks vs. my formerly-beloved Roughriders!

I've got jerseys from both teams!

This is like having your ex show up at your wedding! With your best man!

They had to change the name from "Rough Riders" because it was an Insult to Gay Men.

What do you think of that outrageous insult to aboriginal northerners that the "Edmonton Eskimos" represent?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I am going to buy tickets to the Eastern Final for me and my son. I hope to be cheering on Saskatchewan but will cheer for the Argos (my #2 team) against the Ottawa RedBlacks (what a stupid name -- I take offense to that -- totally spoiling 2 colours).

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I found a picture of Mowich.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I found a picture of Mowich.

You nailed it, pete...........except for the guacamole smeared all over my face in lieu of green paint. :lol:

They had to change the name from "Rough Riders" because it was an Insult to Gay Men.

What do you think of that outrageous insult to aboriginal northerners that the "Edmonton Eskimos" represent?

Tec addressed that non-issue earlier in this topic, CC and he was absolutely spot on with his remarks. GO ESKIMOS!!!

I am going to buy tickets to the Eastern Final for me and my son. I hope to be cheering on Saskatchewan but will cheer for the Argos (my #2 team) against the Ottawa RedBlacks (what a stupid name -- I take offense to that -- totally spoiling 2 colours).

You hope to cheer on the Riders, IRBS.........hope? You can do better than that surely. Scream your frickin' lungs out every time they take the field dude. :p:lol: I hope you and your son have a great time at the game..........I'll be looking for you in the stands. LOL.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
You hope to cheer on the Riders, IRBS.........hope? You can do better than that surely. Scream your frickin' lungs out every time they take the field dude. :p:lol: I hope you and your son have a great time at the game..........I'll be looking for you in the stands. LOL.

Look at the very top back row in the upper section at the 55 yard line east side. Those were the best seats in my price range.

My hope is tied to their ability to beat Ottawa in Ottawa tomorrow. Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think a crossover team has ever won a crossover game even though they usually have a better record than the #2 team or sometimes even the #1 team. Hope history is changed tomorrow.

I am also thinking that the winner of tommorow's west semi-final will take out Calgary in the Western Final.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Look at the very top back row in the upper section at the 55 yard line east side. Those were the best seats in my price range.

My hope is tied to their ability to beat Ottawa in Ottawa tomorrow. Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think a crossover team has ever won a crossover game even though they usually have a better record than the #2 team or sometimes even the #1 team. Hope history is changed tomorrow.

I am also thinking that the winner of tomorrow's west semi-final will take out Calgary in the Western Final.

You are right in believing no cross-over team has ever won the Cup, IRBS........which will make it all the sweeter when we do this year. :lol:

I hope they show more shots of the stands, IRBS.........give me a better chance to catch a glimpse of you and your son. How about a selfie.............just in case? :smile: BTW, I look almost exactly like pete's jpg of me...........okay, so maybe I'm not quite as pretty. :lol:

Wouldn't it be great if the Stamps were taken out of the picture. I'm thinking you are right about either team in the semi being able to deal with the hapless Stamps.........especially considering how truly pathetic their last few games have been. I LOVE bashing the Stamps.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

I think the Esks should be more inclusive, just like Mayor What'shisname said. Instead of just focussing on one people, they should change their name to Redskins.

That's far more inclusive.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I think the Esks should be more inclusive, just like Mayor What'shisname said. Instead of just focussing on one people, they should change their name to Redskins.

Good grief.........the Redskins.........the SJW,natives, LXZBQ whatever's heads would collectively explode....BLM would protest in the streets. Nope, if they are going to change it, go all the way. I think the Edmonton Honkies has a rather nice ring to it.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Rouge et Noir easily translates in Bilingual Canada as does Esquimaux but Peau Rouge? I dunno man.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Good grief.........the Redskins.........the SJW,natives, LXZBQ whatever's heads would collectively explode....BLM would protest in the streets. Nope, if they are going to change it, go all the way. I think the Edmonton Honkies has a rather nice ring to it.

Maybe, but you can't deny it's more inclusive than just Eskimos. So technically, it answers Da Mayor's objection.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Duthie's back..............yeah James! Watching pre-game show right now.

23:56..............and counting down fast.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Got my Diversity is Strength T on. Got my Rider cap on. Decided to forgo the avocado dip.

Won't be posting during the game - will be way too focused on the play.

GO SASKATCHEWAN ROUGHRIDERS!