Census 2021

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Surprised me by including me in the short census despite my low income level. Ten questions about which language I use.

One takeaway from Bill Gates divorce was the comment that divorce was not something to waste money on. Language debates should be another.

Also made me wonder about ASL and if there was a french version. Possibly this is something the Liberals should look into. I could see a whole new government department dedicated to the cause.

Reactions: petros

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Nothing wrong with any language. Communication is the premise behind the concept.

If a French business person thinks they might reach their organizational objectives sooner by hanging an English sign on their shop it should be their right to do so. Unlikely to happen in predominantly French speaking towns as would be expected.

At the same time, the French want the rest of Canada to embrace their special ethnicity while they show contempt for other cultures that are part of their communities by limiting the ability to choose the method of communication to the target customer.

Quebec needs to be the one to recognize and welcome people of all races, religion, and unique cultural backgrounds. Just saying.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Nothing wrong with any language. Communication is the premise behind the concept.

If a French business person thinks they might reach their organizational objectives sooner by hanging an English sign on their shop it should be their right to do so. Unlikely to happen in predominantly French speaking towns as would be expected.

At the same time, the French want the rest of Canada to embrace their special ethnicity while they show contempt for other cultures that are part of their communities by limiting the ability to choose the method of communication to the target customer.

Quebec needs to be the one to recognize and welcome people of all races, religion, and unique cultural backgrounds. Just saying.
Oh I bet trudy is filling the place up with jigaboos and mumbo jumbos like everywhere else...just wait till their language takes over the signage.
")
No more room for white supremglish on the signs at all then