CDN-Economy & Related Factors

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Freeland is calling it a life defining budget, whatever that means. $2 B more to child care that ignores the cost of public school which is another form of child care.

Sometimes when you have no money it is best not to spend so freely. Canada is a total welfare state.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
...when they did nothing for BBD...
That’s not exactly fair. The Feds propped up Bombardier time and time again because they had a superior product in the C-Series jets, until it became obvious that going up against the combined might of Boeing and Airbus was an un-winnable battle. In the end Airbus swooped in to pick up the C-series at fire sale pricing and now they’re pocketing the profits from that same superior product.

Reactions: taxslave

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
That’s not exactly fair. The Feds propped up Bombardier time and time again because they had a superior product in the C-Series jets, until it became obvious that going up against the combined might of Boeing and Airbus was an un-winnable battle. In the end Airbus swooped in to pick up the C-series at fire sale pricing and now they’re pocketing the profits from that same superior product.
When they could not sell the $70 million plane that continues to sell for $70 million for $35 million due to Boeing's predatory pricing tactics is what the government is there to do something about. Too bad, so sad for BBD. Parliamentarians continue to be paid.

They vetoed the deal to sell both the trains and planes to China. Losing the C series was worse than the Avro fiasco.

Then the stock is manipulated to nothing triggering covenants and raising interest rates to 8%+. That was the friendly CDPQ who has no business owning train companies but whatever.

Government really hasn't done that much except run things into the ground and sell the remaining assets for pennies on the dollar. BBD got into the airplane game that way. It's been a struggle ever since.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
A vote for the NDP is a vote for the Liberals. It's the same as a majority. NDP happy to be working (for themselves).

Green party winning the balance of power would be a beautiful thing.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
You do NOT want greens holding the balance of power. We had 3 years of that in BC. Disaster for resource workers.
What are we getting from the NDP? I have higher hopes for the new leader of the Greens.

What I would like to see is a Canadian Tax Payer Party that could hold the balance and lead into a period of reform. Target people who have given up voting and you damn near have the majority right there.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
What are we getting from the NDP? I have higher hopes for the new leader of the Greens.

What I would like to see is a Canadian Tax Payer Party that could hold the balance and lead into a period of reform. Target people who have given up voting and you damn near have the majority right there.
I was thinking specifically of the greens in BC propping up an illegitimate dipper government with the expected disastrous results. The only balance is the construction unions hold some power within the NDPee. Neither party is the friend of the common working person.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Nice split by CP Rail taking advantage of the run on their share price. Much more attractive at $80 than $340.

Good stock to hold in the portfolio.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
I was thinking specifically of the greens in BC propping up an illegitimate dipper government with the expected disastrous results. The only balance is the construction unions hold some power within the NDPee. Neither party is the friend of the common working person.
Sad to say but the unions are no longer a friend of the common working man either. They prefer to associate with the elite. Find out about their version of working "class" is the ad they run on the Bomber game radio broadcasts.

Good locals are hard to find and the dirt bag ones are just one more hog in the trough and another layer of oppression for the worker bees.

Reactions: taxme