CBC leads 'get the facts' attack on Quebecor

annabattler

Electoral Member
Jun 3, 2005
I wish I could get Sun News - it'd be nice to get a different perspective.

A large number of subsidiary Quebecor plants have closed down,leaving many hundreds out of work. The federal tax dollars did nothing to help these newly unemployed.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
The CBC has GOT to go: it is unhealthy in a free country.......

C
arol Off, one of the CBCers who was debating me, was particularly hard to argue with. Because she made all my points for me.
She is supposed to be a journalist. But she declared herself a public servant. As in, a government worker. Hey, that’s my line!
She said she envied the state broadcaster in North Korea, because it never had trouble forcing political guests to appear on its shows, as Off apparently does.
I heard that authoritarian streak several times in the debate. Marie-France Bazzo, a former CBC host, said that in a democracy such as Canada, there are too many voices — and they need someone to sort through them and filter them. Not surprisingly, that someone would be her and her CBC friends. She said the CBC was a “way to structure society.”
And you thought it was just an expensive channel on your TV dial.

Big surprise there....NOT!

It

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
The CBC has GOT to go: it is unhealthy in a free country.......

C

Big surprise there....NOT!

It

Your justification for eliminating an entire news faction is an out of context quote?

If that's the case, the sun should have been desecrated ages ago.

By the way, the journalists at faux north should probably comprehend that a state broadcaster works for the state, lol

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Your justification for eliminating an entire news faction is an out of context quote?

If that's the case, the sun should have been desecrated ages ago.

My reason for encouraging the sale of the CBC is listening to 35 years of incredibly unbalanced political coverage, and news casts.

What finally killed my support for the Ministry of Truth was listening to them call the Reform Party "the Party of Racists and Bigots" over and over in a Sunday afternoon NEWSCAST (NOT OP)...the day before the 2000 election. That was the straw.

As well as their arrogance in refusing to reveal their spending, as we pay their fricking bills.

And we have wayyyyyy better things to do with 1.1 BILLION dollars.

And yes, I do listen to the CBC, on the radio and on the TV.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Last edited:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Their refusal had to do with a legislative ambiguity.

I guess your fair and balanced paper didn't pass that message on to you, eh?

CBC's new owner gives the news some action - YouTube

There reason for doing so was arrogance and a sense of entitlement....not the claimed fear of journalistic meddling.

Yes, I know what they say.

I heard the lies about Quebecor too.

Just read what Colpy posts, that will fill you in.

Damn, I'm not being paid enough......