Cannabis and It's Harsh Impact On The Environment

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017

Study Proves Cannabis Is a Viable Crohn’s Disease Treatment

There is an alarming number of people who suffer from Crohn’s disease. Crohn’s disease is defined as an inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). It affects the body by causing inflammation in the digestive tract. This leads to severe diarrhea, abdominal pain, weight loss, and severe fatigue. According to statistics, as of August 2017, about three million adults in the United States suffer from IBD. Scientists believe that cannabis can be used to treat Crohn’s disease.

There is a lot of speculation in regards to the medical use of cannabis. Its social use has overshadowed its medical use over the years. But with laws being passed that will eventually legalize it; it’s now starting to get recognition.

The root causes of Crohn’s disease are still debated. While there are many treatments available for the disease, scientists are now hoping that cannabis can be used as yet another viable option for patients.

Before I get into the study that illustrates how cannabis can treat Crohn’s disease, let me give you some background on the actual disease. As I mentioned, the cause is unknown. But research shows that the immune system is what triggers the disease. It attacks good bacteria and food in the gut, which causes it to become inflamed.

https://www.providr.com/cannabis-can-treat-crohns-disease/

That's fine. But firstly, we need to distinguish between prescription and recreational. Secondly, we need to distinguish between first-hand and second-hand. If a physician prescribes you cannabis, by all means take it. But remember, he prescribed it for you, not me.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
That's fine. But firstly, we need to distinguish between prescription and recreational. Secondly, we need to distinguish between first-hand and second-hand. If a physician prescribes you cannabis, by all means take it. But remember, he prescribed it for you, not me.
I got no beef with that. I can't smoke it. There is negligible health benefits to smoking it anyway. Cannabis oil, patch or tincture is the proper medicinal use.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
I got no beef with that. I can't smoke it. There is negligible health benefits to smoking it anyway. Cannabis oil, patch or tincture is the proper medicinal use.

And cannabis oil, patch, or tincture leaves no second hand smoke. It would seem to me then that the solution is to legalize it in its medicinal forms for recreational use, bearing in mind that recreational cannabis should be highly taxed, unlike the prescribed stuff.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Not to mention the second-hand smoke already stinking up the downtown core. Tokers should show at least enough respect to toke in private.
Why ? Is the smell of marijuana more distasteful than many other odours commonly encountered on a daily basis ?

What? You mean tokers can't show respect? Introduce a fine of at least a thousand dollars for public toking. If they don't understand common respect and courtesy, then they might respect money we hope. We should do the same for smoking tobacco too.

If you want to smoke or toke, by all means. Just keep it to yourself though.

Or if not in private, then at least limit it to on private property.
Or wear perfume or more manly cologne, body odour taboo , cooking dead Talapia forget it .

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
The trouble with legalizing medicinal weed is that you don't get off on it.

That part is taken out.

Great plan though.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta

That part is taken out.

Great plan though.

This depends on strain and application. I'm a medical marijuana user. Have been for about six months.

The stuff for pain has very low THC and high concentration of CBD. I used a specific oil with high CBD for some pain I'm dealing with. I fractured a couple ribs a week ago. I was happily surprised by it's effectiveness without getting you high.

But there are higher levels of THC in other strains that most definitely get you high. I use a high THC strain to control my tinnitus and help me sleep.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Growing 4 cannabis plants for recreational use is not a ‘grow-op,’ experts say

"“I mean four plants is certainly not a home grow, it’s definitely not dangerous to the house,” Anand told Global News. “Historically there’s been a lot concern around a home grow as it relates to electrical operations in a house, mould and fungus, but that’s typically in a much higher a number of plants…four plants certainly won’t be anywhere close wrecking a home in that sense.”

The cannabis expert when on to point out that provinces are developing various legislations around home cultivation, some setting a limit of fewer than four plants, or they can’t be in the flowering stages at the same time. Quebec and Manitoba, for example, have chosen to prohibit home cultivation of weed altogether, though federal pot laws will take precedence over provincial laws."

Full article here: globalnews.ca/news/4179440/growing-cannabis-plants-not-grow-op/

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

That part is taken out.

Great plan though.

Are you high? Where did you get that info? Do you think all the thousands of people with weed cards in California are getting the non THC strain?

Flat earthers man.

Reactions: petros

KylieParr

Time Out
Mar 25, 2021
Hello, cannabis is interesting and useful for your health, if you know how to use it. It is used in medicine, as a way to cure anxiety, depression, insomnia and other psychological diseases.

KylieParr

Time Out
Mar 25, 2021
In fact, I don't understand why grow cannabis indoors if it's legal. I usually use cbd oil instead of weed and don't see any difference. To be honest, I tried CBD oil when I was having some trouble sleeping. I couldn't get over my insomnia and a friend of mine suggested I try bulk weed. I can't say it works every time. This usually only works if you combine it with sports and meditation. In fact, my sleep has returned to normal and I can enjoy life again and was able to overcome depression on the stress handicap. It is very convenient for me that I can order it online at any time. I usually keep them at home and use them when I need them.