Canadian economy continues to expand, GDP rose 1.1 per cent

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Everyone likes good economic news! YAY!!!!

Canadian economy continues to expand, GDP rose 1.1 per cent​

Statistics Canada says real gross domestic product rose 1.1 per cent in February, the largest monthly increase in about a year.

The rebound in accommodation and food services is among the reasons for the boost, as COVID-19 restrictions were eased following the surge in the Omicron variant.

“Food services and drinking places jumped 17.6% in February, more than offsetting the declines in December 2021 and January 2022, as activity increased across the country and at all types of establishments,” Statistics Canada said in a release Friday.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
All this so called growth in the economy is just businesses finally being allowed to reopen. Despite turdOWE's best efforts many of them will survive and their owners will most certainly work hard to have the Prime Moron removed.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
All this so called growth in the economy is just businesses finally being allowed to reopen. Despite turdOWE's best efforts many of them will survive and their owners will most certainly work hard to have the Prime Moron removed.
Yes even in the GTA many liberal voters lost their businesses , and they are not happy campers .

Reactions: taxslave

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Why ? If we have a housing shortage how do we expect to house 500,000 extra people per year ?
If you stop people from buying multiple houses, no moar housing shortage.

Duhhhhh

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
If you stop people from buying multiple houses, no moar housing shortage.

Duhhhhh
Really , if people did not buy multiple houses , who would supply the rental market ? And why would you be against the best vehicle for immigrants to increase their wealth ? Should we import 500,000 people to keep them in perpetual servitude ?

Reactions: B00Mer

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Really , if people did not buy multiple houses , who would supply the rental market ? And why would you be against the best vehicle for immigrants to increase their wealth ? Should we import 500,000 people to keep them in perpetual servitude ?

Do you actually want to reduce house prices or just continue coming up with excuses?

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Something has been bugging me. Lots of people want to hang the blame for high inflation on the government "printing money", like all the pandemic relief that went out to Canadians. I'm wondering why inflation keeps climbing even after all the pandemic support was phased out. Coincidentally, profit margins for large corporations set record highs in 2021. Go figure.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Something has been bugging me. Lots of people want to hang the blame for high inflation on the government "printing money", like all the pandemic relief that went out to Canadians. I'm wondering why inflation keeps climbing even after all the pandemic support was phased out. Coincidentally, profit margins for large corporations set record highs in 2021. Go figure.
Let me help. . .

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
--H.L. Mencken