Canadian dollar tops 82 cents for 1st time since 2017

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
If nothing else he can always go in the cheap jewellery business. Seems like a lot of people forgot what happened in the late 70s when the Hunt brothers tried to corner the silver market.

You're confusing the facts a bit.. Hunt Brothers borrowed to get that silver and lost their shirts..

Verses over a 100 million people from around the world buying silver with paper, on https://www.reddit.com/r/Wallstreetsilver/

Massive ad campaign.. around the world as well.

It's the version of GameStop with Silver

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Decapoda said:

Silver will never be worthless. That's what makes it unique, it's a precious metal, but it's also an industrial metal...and one that is steadily increasing in demand.

...all these new EV cars and batteries, your cell phone, computer, all those solar panels.. and so much more require silver.. there will always be a market for silver. As the world shifts to GREEN Energy, the demand for SILVER will increase like crazy.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
You're confusing the facts a bit.. Hunt Brothers borrowed to get that silver and lost their shirts..

Verses over a 100 million people from around the world buying silver with paper, on https://www.reddit.com/r/Wallstreetsilver/

Massive ad campaign.. around the world as well.

It's the version of GameStop with Silver
You think everyone that is buying in is doing so with their own money?
To paraphrase Freeloading Franklin a bit buy pot because pot will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no pot.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Does this even matter anymore?

Canadian dollar tops 82 cents for 1st time since 2017​

The Canadian dollar hit its highest level in almost four years on Thursday, buoyed by high commodity prices

The loonie was changing hands at 82.08 cents US early in the afternoon, its highest level since September 2017.

Two broad trends are combining to push the loonie higher.

hope one day it will go above a dollar. ;) 💵

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Makes for a good euro exchange rate. Too bad the banks discourage trade with countries other than the USA.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Only if the CAD rises against the €.
I think both are influenced by the US dollar and the desire to sell goods to the American market. Haven't tracked it to know if both currencies move at the same rate.

I have one Euro holding where the rate has moved in my favour. I consider it a safe haven from the Canadian economy fueled by taxes. RBC will not initiate an international transaction other than the US market in a defiant anti combines legislation play but there is only provincial regulations that do not deal with international issues. Beyond the purview of the Bank of Canada is the party line.