Canadian bacon

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Canadian bacon are just small ham steaks. great if you're expecting ham. Depressing if you're expecting bacon.

I'm not much of a bacon fan. I like maple bacon but that's it.

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
Must be the same as poutine, peameal is a Canadian must have in my house. I guess it's the same as American grits! I was on the General Jackson and a bud told me to try it!! Yikes, I have to say it was bad man, I almost spit it out.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Canadian bacon sucks. Had it on pizza . Didn't care for it. A blt would be lousy using it.

Canadians don't call it Canadian bacon (we call it "back bacon" or "peameal bacon") nor do we eat it much, anymore. The Brits love it, though and they make sandwiches out of it called "bacon butties".

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Canadians don't call it Canadian bacon (we call it "back bacon" or "peameal bacon") nor do we eat it much, anymore. The Brits love it, though and they make sandwiches out of it called "bacon butties".
Who cares what you think.

Must be the same as poutine, peameal is a Canadian must have in my house. I guess it's the same as American grits! I was on the General Jackson and a bud told me to try it!! Yikes, I have to say it was bad man, I almost spit it out.
I don't care for grits myself.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
Canadian bacon are just small ham steaks. great if you're expecting ham. Depressing if you're expecting bacon.

I like a bacon, lettace and tomatoe sandwich on toast sometimes. Bacon and eggs and hash browns now and then.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Who cares what you think.

Troll

"I DON'T LIKE CANADIAN BACON!!" he says, thinking that it will get some sort of nationalistic rise out of us.

Well, I don't like American Standard and therefore I don't give a Sh1t about you.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
Troll

"I DON'T LIKE CANADIAN BACON!!" he says, thinking that it will get some sort of nationalistic rise out of us.

Well, I don't like American Standard and therefore I don't give a Sh1t about you.
I think that's wonderful. Now how about a nice tune on youtube so we can all hear your singing and puke ......Sap.

And you are phony baloney.
Fried bologny is good.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

Have you heard of the Greenfield company, Twila? Canadian company dedicated to raising pigs naturally. Their maple-flavored bacon is great. I also like their maple-flavored sausages.

Check them out

About Greenfield Natural Meat Co.

I haven't seen it in our local grocery stores for a long time now, CC.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Have you heard of the Greenfield company, Twila? Canadian company dedicated to raising pigs naturally. Their maple-flavored bacon is great. I also like their maple-flavored sausages.

Check them out

I haven't seen it in our local grocery stores for a long time now, CC.
No, nor I. A bought some nice peameal bacon sandwiches from the Lions Club booth at a country fair, last Thanksgiving but we never see it, otherwise.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I like a bacon, lettace and tomatoe sandwich on toast sometimes. Bacon and eggs and hash browns now and then.

I wish I liked raw tomato. I can eat it anyway but raw. In fact, I love big chunks of it in my sauces and in soup. LOVE tomato soup. But raw? cant' do it.

And you are phony baloney.

nobody should mess with balogna. no phony balogna. ITs' one of the only processed meats I like. It's a nostalgic favourite and reminds me of elementary school....

Check them out

I am going to!! Thanks for the heads up. You may have turned my camping morning breakfast game on it's head!

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
You know what is really good, a baguette with ham and cheese from street vendors in Paris, umm, love those. I love Scottish Nachos and the food in Louisiana!! wow. Im' getting hungry now.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
You know what is really good, a baguette with ham and cheese from street vendors in Paris, umm, love those. I love Scottish Nachos and the food in Louisiana!! wow. Im' getting hungry now.

scottish nachos?

sounds interesting... tell us more.

I'm partial to a good daal makhani dog. A lot like a chili dog but with daal makhani. soooo good.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Harvest Meats makes exceptional products.

Ukrainian nachos. Garlic sausage, sour kraft, purple onions, dill pickle, old cheddar and of course sour cream.

had me until the sour cream...

what is sour kraft?