Canada's oil imports from Saudi Arabia on the rise

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
"Spoken like a part-time Patriot of convenience"
I was thinking the exact same thing about you. You can threaten and insult Eastern Canada all you want (where more than 2/3rds of Canadians live) because, face it you believe that you're better than us" and it's what we deserve, being those lesser Canadians from the East.]
My issue is with the Federal Gov't treating some provinces (historically & to this day...) as Freak'n Colonies and not equals in confederation. Full Stop! If you're a member of that Gov't and the truth hurts then so be it, but if you aren't in the Federal Gov't then seek therapy for your issues. I don't think in terms of "better than us" but in terms of wanting a fair deal and fair treatment like we where at least equals in OUR nation. Read back you delusional wonder, & see things as they're actually written instead of through your filter of prejudice towards a specific region of OUR nation (by OUR I mean yours & mine).

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Here's an eye-opener for you. I'm going to assume here so bear with me, but I'm going to assume that both Serryah & Colpy are both to the East of you as well as me. Politically I'm more aligned with Colpy than Serryah but so what? We debated each other as respectful adults regardless of our geographical locations. Do you see where I'm going here? Cliffy & I are political opposites and we debate each other with respect...& to Cliffy I'm an Easterner.

Recently in debate with Serryah we are opposites politically but I've probably given her as many "Thumbs Up's" in debate regardless of the position as anyone else due to her ability in debate. She makes some good arguments...and she is about as East as you can get while keeping your feet out of the Atlantic.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
If only Canada was lucky enough to sit on the world's third largest oil reserves and could better meet domestic demand in Canada through something, let's say a pipeline, that had the ability to move energy east.

https://context.capp.ca/energy-matters/2019/itn_canadas-oil-imports-from-saudi-arabia-on-the-rise
The line goes south and then east and then north. 2x as long as it needs to be but this way the US can have it if they need it.
Are you overtired, you are taking the role of a bigger idiot than usual.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The line goes south and then east and then north. 2x as long as it needs to be but this way the US can have it if they need it.
Are you overtired, you are taking the role of a bigger idiot than usual.
Interesting observation. You are correct (partially) in your assessment of the situation. Why isn't there a line going straight from AB/SK to ON/QB and through to Irving Refineries (?) or other refineries in the Maritimes to compete with Irving on the world market? Why are there foreign tankers delivering oil to OUR East Coast and up the St.Lawrence into the heart of the majority of OUR nation? Why is the level of oil volume from AB/SK throttled back to 1950's levels to the Pacific when world demand is only growing? What is the motivation behind shooting ourselves in the foot when other nations are increasing their oil production? Why is the only direction pipelines (in recent history) only pointing generally south from the prairies?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
In thinking about it, I get the West wanting a fair deal.

I get their thought that the Feds aren't giving them a fair shake.

Honestly I see the blame on both Ottawa and Quebec, but not for the normal/usual reasons.

Quebec set the precedent of it all: by demanding to be recognized as a "Special" province, allowances are made and have been made to them. It's not only the West that wants to be 'special', but all of us. We're all unique in our own ways, and it feels - at least to me - that Quebec gets all what they want and the rest of us get fuk all.

The West is, rightfully, tired of it.

But I also think that this push for Separation is not a good thing and might backfire on them. Not because people don't want the west to leave, but rather the attitude that is being thrown out to the rest of Canada for not siding with the West over this.

I am on the East Coast and it thoroughly pizzes me off when I hear Cons in the west lump everyone in the East under Ontario and Quebec, as if we kowtow to them, OR, as if we don't matter at all. As I pointed out in other threads, it's not anyone's fault but the West's for appointing Sheer as their ineffectual, and unelectable, leader. If you want representation/leadership of Canada, then put someone decent in charge of "your" party.

Yes, your party, cause right now the Cons are more a West party than Canadian party.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Interesting observation. You are correct (partially) in your assessment of the situation. Why isn't there a line going straight from AB/SK to ON/QB and through to Irving Refineries (?) or other refineries in the Maritimes to compete with Irving on the world market? Why are there foreign tankers delivering oil to OUR East Coast and up the St.Lawrence into the heart of the majority of OUR nation? Why is the level of oil volume from AB/SK throttled back to 1950's levels to the Pacific when world demand is only growing? What is the motivation behind shooting ourselves in the foot when other nations are increasing their oil production? Why is the only direction pipelines (in recent history) only pointing generally south from the prairies?
If not we will get Venezualaized, Lybianated, or Syrialooted.
:(
Also known as a US monoilpoily - competition is a SIN!

This is where I have to point out be careful of soros funded color revolutions...they are NOT about rights but about destruction of a society for profit and destruction of political and financial processes for gain.

Last edited:

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Guess where Quebec gets its oil

Guess what Premier is getting kick backs from the Middle East to block Alberta Pipelines.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Irving refuses to retool their refinery to distill thicker feedstock from Western Canada. Sweet, kerogen or nuttin' b'y.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
In thinking about it, I get the West wanting a fair deal.

I get their thought that the Feds aren't giving them a fair shake.

Honestly I see the blame on both Ottawa and Quebec, but not for the normal/usual reasons.

Quebec set the precedent of it all: by demanding to be recognized as a "Special" province, allowances are made and have been made to them. It's not only the West that wants to be 'special', but all of us. We're all unique in our own ways, and it feels - at least to me - that Quebec gets all what they want and the rest of us get fuk all.

The West is, rightfully, tired of it.

But I also think that this push for Separation is not a good thing and might backfire on them. Not because people don't want the west to leave, but rather the attitude that is being thrown out to the rest of Canada for not siding with the West over this.

I am on the East Coast and it thoroughly pizzes me off when I hear Cons in the west lump everyone in the East under Ontario and Quebec, as if we kowtow to them, OR, as if we don't matter at all. As I pointed out in other threads, it's not anyone's fault but the West's for appointing Sheer as their ineffectual, and unelectable, leader. If you want representation/leadership of Canada, then put someone decent in charge of "your" party.

Yes, your party, cause right now the Cons are more a West party than Canadian party.
We used to put liberals in office , fat lot of good that did .

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
You'd almost think they never had an ice storm or a year without summer eh?
:)

Apparently you ARE NOT AWARE of that new marketing deal.............................

called "just in time"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It makes NO room for logic or long term planning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is why - when we were in the midst of a "climate emergency"...............................

General Motors was FLYING CAR BUMPERS and other auto parts into Oshawa airport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Using those old DC 3 piston driven cargo planes that were DESIGNED IN THE 1930`s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think that one over - using SIXTY YEAR OLD piston driven airplanes with AIR COOLED ENGINES..........................

meaning they are REAL FUEL HOGS................................

just to deliver car bumpers and save some money on warehouse storage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But not to worry......................................

the amount of greenhouse gas emitted in Oshawa is about to GO WAY DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as the General Motors plant is SET TO CLOSE for good - later this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your major mistake is thinking that LIE-berals or the HOGS at Enbridge are actually doing ANY long term planning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
It's very sad that many of my own countryman demonize the Alberta oil and gas industry, while remaining silent about the USA increasing their oil production, and buying oil from Saudi Arabia. We certainly live in some weird times.
You are creating your own bad vibes by trying to blackmail the majority of Canadians.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I was thinking the exact same thing. One wonders what Curious Cdn's relationship with his family truly is,if he is this hostile towards a region where the majority of his family resides. Psychologists would have a field day with this issue. It's also worth noting that some of the most hard core Nazi's had some Jewish blood.
My personal opinion: It's a form of self-hatred.
There isn't one member of my family that is so lowly a toothless hillbilly as to even contemplate allowing anyone to freeze in the dark.

Only you lowlife white trash would even consider such things.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
There isn't one member of my family that is so lowly a toothless hillbilly as to even contemplate allowing anyone to freeze in the dark.

Only you lowlife white trash would even consider such things.
Holy Hell Man. Chill. Just think of someone reading back on this in the years to come. You're going to come off like the Union Jack waving KKK southern freaks trying to belittle Negro's "'cuz it takes two of them there colored folks to equal the the vote of two women & two women to equal the the vote of a part-time patriot, etc..." You should seek therapy.