Canada’s Green Shift Could Displace Three-Quarters Of Oil Workers

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I found real estate to be a better investment, mostly because it doesn't require daily attention. My real estate investment has made a far better rate of return than mutual funds, which is where I put excess money.
Better offf finding a couple of solid reliable dividend paying stocks as opposed to mutual funds . Mutual funds are a vehicle for growing equity but administration fees are often prohibitive . Once one has a larger portfolio individual blue chip is relatively safe and profitable .

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Better offf finding a couple of solid reliable dividend paying stocks as opposed to mutual funds . Mutual funds are a vehicle for growing equity but administration fees are often prohibitive . Once one has a larger portfolio individual blue chip is relatively safe and profitable .
True, but most of it is RRSPs and administering your own is not that simple. Also until recently I spent a lot of time in camps with sketchy or no internet and almost never having daytime access to internet so having someone else look after it seemed sensible.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
How is that, the share is sitting at $42 per share today I gained $6000
Just correcting your wording. You made it sound like you purchased for $36 and then made it sound like you sold the whole thing for $1000 which, is a LOSS!!! Just needed to clarify on your behalf. Obviously, if you purchased for $36 and sold for $1000 you did make real good "coin" but that's not what it came across as. Just sayin....

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Just correcting your wording. You made it sound like you purchased for $36 and then made it sound like you sold the whole thing for $1000 which, is a LOSS!!! Just needed to clarify on your behalf. Obviously, if you purchased for $36 and sold for $1000 you did make real good "coin" but that's not what it came across as. Just sayin....

no.. I purchased 1000 shares at $36 per share, $36,000 total..

they are worth $42,000 today.. 2 months later

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
True, but most of it is RRSPs and administering your own is not that simple. Also until recently I spent a lot of time in camps with sketchy or no internet and almost never having daytime access to internet so having someone else look after it seemed sensible.
No doubt .

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek