Canada: Respite center for spent terrorists.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
First off, he's being held by the Kurds so it's likely he wasn't just an innocent tourist on vacation. Secondly, he is described as a being a "hostage" by his lawyer. Bullshit. People take hostages in an attempt to gain some kind of leverage, generally as an attempt to extort money. This is obviously not the case here.

Although I could maybe buy the excuse that he's mentally ill because anyone who would want to go to Syria and Iraq for a "vacation" would have to be f*cked in the head.

justlooking

Council Member
May 19, 2017
Although I could maybe buy the excuse that he's mentally ill because anyone who would want to go to Syria and Iraq for a "vacation" would have to be f*cked in the head.

He wasn't there for vacation, he went to instruct muslims on the "real" way to do Islam.
No I'm not kidding.
Parents live in the UK, he was born in UK, not sure he ever even lived in Canada.
And yet, the door will be wide open. Better get another 10 million ready.
Can only hope he has an 'accident' in prison.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
And Boomer said I shouldn't be a Canadian for being opposed to this type of immigration
:(

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Also, if he committed any crimes, like treason for fighting alongside an enemy of the Canadian government, then we can charge him and throw him in jail.

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
Also, if he committed any crimes, like treason for fighting alongside an enemy of the Canadian government, then we can charge him and throw him in jail.

Yeah, then let him out and give him 10.5 million dollars for human rights abuses suffered at the hands of the Kurds.

I actually think he's probably going to get paid out regardless of whether we take him in or not.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

Canada, is one of the Five Eyes. It is also an undeclared participant in the war against the Syrian people. Treason of an alltogether different order,eh.
The present Canadian government is not Canadian in that they have external declared allegences, most prominently Globalistic entanglements. Those interests of course are not in the best interests of this confederation.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Canada, is one of the Five Eyes. It is also an undeclared participant in the war against the Syrian people. Treason of an alltogether different order,eh.
The present Canadian government is not Canadian in that they have external declared allegences, most prominently Globalistic entanglements. Those interests of course are not in the best interests of this confederation.

I doubt a defense attorney would get anywhere with that argument.