Canada.com Forum Is Back On Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Come on you guys. try getting along. None of you are as bad as what the other side is implying. It cuts both ways. Just be civil and let it go.
That's all we've asked for from the get go. Personally - I'd like to see this particular thread disappear.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
You still can't say why we can't just have a conversation. Why do I have to have thick skin for you to show civility? I completely agree that no one agrees with everyone all the time but because I don't agree with you on something just doesn't mean to me that I have to call you a name or that I have to accept being called a name. I'm not saying that you have called me a name. Maybe you did - I don't remember. Insults like Cannucks are so totally un-necessary. I rarely speak to a soul the way I spoke to him and anyone I have talked to for years can tell you that. I also refuse to be his or anyone's doormat. We had strict rules on canada.com and you simply could not call people the things that are allowed on here because you were gone the moment the mod. read it. I'm sure you have heard JLM speak of responding to a post by a troll and he was totally banned. I had no idea he was banned. I guess I never saw his post but again - on there nasty posts were instantly removed. There is a form of tolerance here that goes against what the posted rules are regarding name calling and bad language. Nothing I can do about it so I chose to live with it and that is why I am still here. I've looked at lots of forums that I think are crap and contrary to what you believe, the forums there as I've stated, were very similar to here and that's the reason these forums got a whole load of us at one time. These forums felt like a very familiar setting. They are not, but in the beginning they did feel like it. I don't have a bone to pick with you.

Short of language barrier, there is absolutely no reason on Earth why anyone can't have a civil conversation as far as I'm concerned. The sad part is, it seldom works that way. Seldom do different personalities see or hear things the same. When one feels offended, one gets defensive. The more sensitive one is, the more easily offended one gets. Reality is not politically correct. I don't know how many ways the same thing can be rearranged to make it understandable - but if one wants to be offended, one will be offended. There is not thing one I can do about it ... except NOT converse.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Short of language barrier, there is absolutely no reason on Earth why anyone can't have a civil conversation as far as I'm concerned. The sad part is, it seldom works that way. Seldom do different personalities see or hear things the same. When one feels offended, one gets defensive. The more sensitive one is, the more easily offended one gets. Reality is not politically correct. I don't know how many ways the same thing can be rearranged to make it understandable - but if one wants to be offended, one will be offended. There is not thing one I can do about it ... except NOT converse.
Wolf: I think we just had a civil conversation. ;-)

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Most of us came here from other forums, but I haven't heard anyone sing the praises of their old forum like what happened here.....
As a matter of fact, I only go back to the old forum once in a while to aggravate the troll who caused "most" of us to migrate here and still posts his garbage there cause he can do so with impunity, because the moderation there is a joke now, (or he has something on the moderator:?:)....:lol:;-)

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
What's this?!?!?!

The other forum is back up so now the interlopers are getting a little testy...above their station. Telling us CanCon members how to behave and what they really think?

Well, well.

Reactions: gerryh

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
I have been away for two days, and I see the thread has turned into a flaming thread. Well, at least I assume so, my page is more than half blank, showing the posts by Trolls I have on ignore. Trolls must be having quite a party, badmouthing me personally (naturally), badmouthing Canada.com forum and anybody who posts there (or posted there in the past).

Incidentally Keskin, asking the Trolls to be civil is like asking an alcoholic or a drug addict to give up alcohol or drugs, it just isn’t done. Personal insults, filth, abuse is to a Troll what alcohol is to an alcoholic or what drugs are to an addict.

The thread will probably end up being deleted by the moderators, at the rate it seems to be going. Anyway, it has accomplished my purpose, now practically everyone here knows that canada.com forum is up and running again.

Incidentally, Ron, this thread is a classic reason why Steele Cage must remain forever closed. The Trolls here have not stopped behaving like children (actually I am insulting the children here, they are behaving worse than children), and I don’t think they ever will.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
What's this?!?!?!

The other forum is back up so now the interlopers are getting a little testy...above their station. Telling us CanCon members how to behave and what they really think?

Well, well.
See that's just the problem. You call us "interlopers" aka intruders. This is Canadian Content and you are not considered an intruder so why would you feel that a bunch of Canadians are? What have any of us ever done to you? To the best of my knowledge I think I have only responded to you once in the 6 months I've been on here and I have never even responded negatively to you. I actually thought you were a nice person. What do you mean by "above their station"? Sounds a lot like calling us low lifes. We are every bit as much a Canadian Content member as you are and we are not telling anyone how to behave. It's actually me you are talking to more than the others and how you behave is entirely up to you. I just asked for a little respect - much the same as you or anyone else would like to have as a fellow member of CC. So - now can we just get on with posting as usual? ;-)

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
See that's just the problem. You call us "interlopers" aka intruders.

VanIsle, what was really amusing is where EagleSmack says that we are getting above our station. The implication clearly is that we belong to an inferior station (like blacks in his country in pre civil rights days or the untouchables in India, Muslims in Serbia, Christians in Saudi Arabia etc.)) and we better not get above our station or else.

Yep, them uppity Canada.com ni---rs shore are getting above their station. Perhaps a lynching or a cross burring is in order, to teach them a lesson.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Y'know, Porter ... if you'd just kept your big mouth shut, none of your "trolls" would ever have known that other place was up and running again. Let me guess.... You have a hard time with secrets don'cha? As a long-standing (albeit inactive) member I received an e-mail a couple of days ago. Did you see me blab it all over the forum? I think your biggest problem is YOU....

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Y'know, Porter ... if you'd just kept your big mouth shut, none of your "trolls" would ever have known that other place was up and running again. Let me guess.... You have a hard time with secrets don'cha? As a long-standing (albeit inactive) member I received an e-mail a couple of days ago. Did you see me blab it all over the forum? I think your biggest problem is YOU....
If you look at the OP carefully.....It looks like a good "cast".....and we all bit:smile:
Things must be slow...in SJP land....
And him calling us Trolls...:roll::lol:

Reactions: gerryh

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
If you look at the OP carefully.....It looks like a good "cast".....and we all bit:smile:
Things must be slow...in SJP land....
And him calling us Trolls...:roll::lol:

Oh ... he's self-admitted - but he'll ignore anyone who dares mention it first. I'm inclined to believe that's what the biggest part of his ratchet-jawing is all about: to bury the posts where he admits what he is....

Yeah, we bit - but he's gotta sit. ;-)

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Us and Them.....Them & Us.....Holy Mackerel. Reading through
this thread just makes me tired. This is so old....& dumb....and
past ridiculous.

Way past rediculous ... and if you'll notice, it is they who keep pouring the fuel on the fire who complain most of the heat and smoke.

Hey, Ron.... Can we stack some 'o that mackerel on the barbie? Why waste the flame?:lol:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
See that's just the problem. You call us "interlopers" aka intruders.

VanIsle, what was really amusing is where EagleSmack says that we are getting above our station. The implication clearly is that we belong to an inferior station (like blacks in his country in pre civil rights days or the untouchables in India, Muslims in Serbia, Christians in Saudi Arabia etc.)) and we better not get above our station or else.

Yep, them uppity Canada.com ni---rs shore are getting above their station. Perhaps a lynching or a cross burring is in order, to teach them a lesson.

Once again the racism drips from his mouth.

"Like blacks" he says and the mere assumption that they are inferior. Spoken like the true liberal and racist.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Exactly and I think that coming on a forum to advertise another forum is disrepectful to the owner and people that help run the forum.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
See that's just the problem. You call us "interlopers" aka intruders. This is Canadian Content and you are not considered an intruder so why would you feel that a bunch of Canadians are?

Because I never barged in here yapping about other forums and how things were done.

What have any of us ever done to you?

Nothing. Never said you did.

To the best of my knowledge I think I have only responded to you once in the 6 months I've been on here and I have never even responded negatively to you.

I can't remember.

I actually thought you were a nice person.

Thanks. I'm from Boston so you can add "wicked" to that as in "wicked nice person".

What do you mean by "above their station"? Sounds a lot like calling us low lifes. We are every bit as much a Canadian Content member as you are and we are not telling anyone how to behave.

Nah...never called you or any of you low lifes. I was referring to one of the things that was in your post. I will get it but it had something to do with our behavoir.

It's actually me you are talking to more than the others and how you behave is entirely up to you. I just asked for a little respect - much the same as you or anyone else would like to have as a fellow member of CC. So - now can we just get on with posting as usual? ;-)

Meant no disrepect to anyone who gave respect.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I never checked back but Spade did. He posted. SJP posted. Before I got the chance to tell him not to announce it here, he did. No - I did not want any of you to know. I'm sorry but I expected the people here would be very nasty about it and make comments about us getting off here and back to there. I didn't want that to happen but it basically has. Why can't we just post in both forums? Is it so hard to accept newcomers?

This is what I was referring to.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
The continued trolling by the author of this thread and his partner in crime, reinforced by comments like "Before I got the chance to tell him not to announce it here, he did. No - I did not want any of you to know " show the complete disrespect they have for this forum and the people that run it.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Everyone knows, at this point, that Canada.com is up and running, right?

Is there not a more appropriate area for advertising other forums? Would you not say that posting this in the "Hot Topics" sub forum to be more of a blatant troll, considering the history, rather than an honest "announcement"?

Status
Not open for further replies.