Can i work in Canada, please?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Actually no lies at all GerryH.
It's you who doesnt know what he is talking about.

You said in a general that I didnt know what I was talking about.

I stand by what I said.

Question 1: are you willing to work 12 hour a day/7 day a week rotations outside in -30C weather?
Many, many Tradesmen work 12/7 shifts on 10, 14 or 20 day rotations, pretty much all remote plant, mine and O&G operations are on rotation.
Who doesn't think a Tradesman may have to work outdoors from time to time?
If you are on a newbuild or development project there may not be much heat (sometimes just a few Herman Nelson's) and guess what, you continue to work.
Lots of Linesman are dual ticket Electricians, guess what they work outside, even in winter all day long.
How do some people think that outdoor electrical circuits and controls are installed anyway?

That's still a far cry from 24/7/365

Your implication earlier was that one would be working on live 600 volt circuits. That is an out right lie. It is against the law.

Question 2: Are you willing to be on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days a year.
As to being on call 24 hours a day.
Pretty common stuff when your the senior on call guy.
Thats what being on call means.
The 365 days a year is a bit of a stretch, most people get a few days off, unless your self employed but it could be said some people choose remain on call for very long stretches of time.

Tradesmen do not work on call 24/7/365. I AM the senior tech and it's on call one week and off the next 3. As senior tech I choose to make my self available 24/7 to my guys. This is my choice and not company policy as I am NOT management as of yet.

When I was in managment I was on call 24 hours a day, year round.
My buddy is a senior Drilling Manager for a big oil company that drills oil and gas wells all year long.
He is on call 24/7/365 days a year. Year in and year out.
When he goes on vacation out of the country, guess what, they still call him, night or day.

Management is something else entirely.

Question 3: are you willing to work on dodgy 600V curcuits in the rain.
If the circuit wasn't dodgy an Electrician wouldn't need to check it.
1000 HP General Electric 600VDC motors are common as dirt on most large plant or construction sites and so are the circuits that feed them.
Tradesman work in the snow and rain all the time on construction sites or new builds.
I never said they didn't lock out hot circuits, they do, and then they work on them, in the rain and snow.

You implied that they worked on them live.

So where exactly are the lies GerryH?

pointed them out again.

So GerryH I will accept your apologies for your slurs and false accusations.

You''ll be waiting a long time.

How are you coming along with helpful advice for our OP?
You being so knowledgeable on the topic and all.

It's already been pointed out to him as to where to look. I don't need to to reiterate what has already been posted.

I read your original post to the owner of an electrical company in Saskatchewan that has already sponsored 2 electricians from England. He couldn't believe the bullshyte you posted and looked at me and said "that's one of the reasons we have such a hard time getting qualified tradesmen in this country."

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I stand by what I said.

That's still a far cry from 24/7/365

Your implication earlier was that one would be working on live 600 volt circuits. That is an out right lie. It is against the law.

Not true Gerry. It is called hot work and happens all the time. Linemen regularly work on live 25KVA lines. Also on 600V motor control panels. There are procedures that must be followed.

Douglasdyeld

Jan 30, 2020
Can i work in Canada please

I have to do a research paper and i need to know how King Tut was educated. If anyone knows anything about this, can you please help me??