Blowed Up Good... Real Good.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Emergency services in Regina were on the scene of a ‘major explosion’ on Sunday morning.

The Regina Fire and Protective Services (RFPS) reported that a major explosion took place in the area of 6th Avenue and Retallack Street on Sunday morning.

Regina fire, EMS and police responded to the incident. Possible injuries were reported according to the RFPS.

Emergency services ask the public to stay clear of the area at this time.

1668363335396.png

A block from home. Shook the shit out of the house. I thought we had a car hit the house.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Glad you're ok at least and no major property damage (be sure to look around for cracks and stuff i would think). That's got to be a little scary.

Any speculation on what may have caused it? Perhaps the unfortunate bad timing of letting off a leftover "3-alarm napalm chili" fart whilst simultaneously lighting a morning cig? :) or perhaps more likely a propane tank issue? Some people use 'alternate heating' systems this time of year.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
The duplex was boarded up for a year or so. My best guess is squatters did something stupid or they were making dope.
Wow. You mentioned squatter issues before along with Ron. Surely this would be evidence enough to the powers that be locally that something has to be done about that.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Do what? It's a horrific immoral injustice to "do something" about first nations junkie/meth rats.
Well perhaps passing a law requiring land owners who leave their property abandoned to have it checked regularly to make sure no one is living in it and beefing up eviction laws so they can do something if there is. If the landowner here got a big ass fine for not making sure his property was secure i'm sure that people would start to learn a lesson.

I realize that would require changing a few laws but you can't have housefires and explosions every other week.
Residential schools blowed up the house.
Yeah well, just about time to nip THAT bud too.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Holy cow!! That’s my fear with squatters. In our neighborhood at least it was just a series of fires in boarded up houses and garages minus the explosion.

Report it to the police, & they say call City Bylaw Enforcement….so that means actually filing it online…where you can’t include pictures….which use to have a way to follow a complaint status but they removed that feature…so you have to call in to check the status…if they’ll answer the phone…& they have a woman that barely speaks English manning that phone.

She can barely understand you & you can barely understand her, so it balances. It’s M-F bankers hours and frustrating enough that you only check it twice maximum.

That’s the system to work with.
1668372754249.jpeg
1668372779970.jpeg
Below is a nice one. House burned down two years ago, & the garage (that’s still standing) has been on fire twice. The weeds are nice and dry now…I complained about this one to the city months ago but there’s no mailbox or structure to attach a notice to the landlord so…nothing.
1668373117517.jpeg
1668373230742.jpeg
1668373248585.jpeg
Won’t take much of a spark in those dry weeds next year (like a Jib-Rat Camp Fire in that garage…again) to take out the houses on both sides of that vacant abandoned property.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
You'd have to hire a security guard.
Or do it yourself, or the like but yes - once every few days or the like (or even daily) they would have to stop by and see if there's signs of people living there.

This is quite commonplace in many areas, construction sites for houses often make use of such services. It just makes it hard for people to set up shop in a home and stay there for extended periods.

Not a panacea but it does help a lot.

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Buildings exploding happen all the time?
Yes happens all the time-drug production is rampant and you know the result it's right in your neighbourhood.

Last week in Surrey-'a tree fell on the house' is right up there with 'the dog ate my homework'

Here in Vancouver we've also had at least two (2) boats moored in False Creek in flame because of drug production lives lost too IIRC.

Reactions: Taxslave2

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Or do it yourself, or the like but yes - once every few days or the like (or even daily) they would have to stop by and see if there's signs of people living there.

This is quite commonplace in many areas, construction sites for houses often make use of such services. It just makes it hard for people to set up shop in a home and stay there for extended periods.

Not a panacea but it does help a lot.
Sublet security to your friendly chapter . Works every time .

Reactions: Taxslave2

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Sublet security to your friendly chapter . Works every time .
Your friendly chapter probably has better things to do than policing Junkies from empty or abandoned rental properties.

I mean, maybe they could take it on as part of the ‘initiation’ to the chapter…but otherwise…I’m doubting it could be made “Worth their While”…as Junkies have empty pockets but are 24/7/365…