#BidenLied - buyer's remorse sets in

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Exactly. Voting in anger rarely achieves the desired results in the long term. Politicians today know all to well that an angry voter is not a thinking voter, and that it's easier for them to give the voters a target for their anger rather than actually talk about why it would be better put them in power.
It goes much deeper than that. Some years ago marketers learned how to completely bypass the logic centers of the brain and go straight for the emotional center. The news media and politicians have also cottoned on to the technique and use it rather effectively. It's emotional manipulation and it needs to stop. Emotions by and large are illogical. No, I'm not pulling a Spock here, it's just science. Emotions are little more than chemical responses to stimuli. In fact, in different situations the same stimulus can evoke very different responses.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
I thought we were talking all crude and the byproducts that can only come from specific grades from specific locations and refined at specific facilities. Why do you keep babbling about bitumen?
I was talking about Alberta oil production in general, 85% of which comes from the oilsands. I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Last edited:

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
It goes much deeper than that. Some years ago marketers learned how to completely bypass the logic centers of the brain and go straight for the emotional center. The news media and politicians have also cottoned on to the technique and use it rather effectively. It's emotional manipulation and it needs to stop. Emotions by and large are illogical. No, I'm not pulling a Spock here, it's just science. Emotions are little more than chemical responses to stimuli. In fact, in different situations the same stimulus can evoke very different responses.
Which brings us back to a lack of integrity among our elected officials. Pretty much all our elected officials. I wish I had a solution. I thought that having enough independent of decent character MPs to constitute a swing vote might help keep the major parties in line, but people of decent character don't know how to play dirty and that puts them at a disadvantage.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Which brings us back to a lack of integrity among our elected officials. Pretty much all our elected officials. I wish I had a solution. I thought that having enough independent of decent character MPs to constitute a swing vote might help keep the major parties in line, but people of decent character don't know how to play dirty and that puts them at a disadvantage.
Welcome to the Beige Dictatorship.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

Graham: Biden made GOP look like 'idiots' over bipartisan infrastructure agreement

Biden said he would only vote for the bipartisan infrastructure if Congress passes a reconciliation bill.

Pelosi: No bipartisan infrastructure bill unless Senate also passes reconciliation bill

Pelosi said that "there ain't gonna be no bipartisan bill unless we are going to have the reconciliation bill."

Who is actually in charge?

Reactions: taxslave and petros

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Did you see the clips where Biden whispers into the microphone again?

'Creepy Joe' Trends After Biden Continually Whispers Through Press Conference

TheWrap on MSN.com17h

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
  • Haha
Reactions: Twin_Moose

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
$100bbl coming fast...

Will Canadians lose hundreds of Billion or embrace it and make life better?
The East will rebel against it the West will grumble until they see the patch starting to take equipment out of mothballs and hiring again

Higher price of Oil means less control Ottawa has over the Prairies, now let's build Nuclear power reactors and fertilize like hell in the farm belt of North America again.

Reactions: taxslave