#BidenLied - buyer's remorse sets in

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Didn't they try to Impeach the last POTUS for doing exactly this?

White House freezes Ukraine military package that includes lethal weapons

Officials prepped $100 million worth of arms as Russia massed troops on the border, then pulled the plug as the Biden-Putin summit approached.

Russian Collusion

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
While freezing Ukrainian aid they buy Russian oil h'mmm

As Biden seeks to limit U.S. oil production, reliance on Russian imports rises

U.S. imports of crude oil and petroleum products from Russia reached 22.9 million barrels in March, the highest level since August 2010.

Reactions: Mowich

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
And that's what happens when people vote AGAINST someone/something instead of FOR someone/something.
Exactly. Voting in anger rarely achieves the desired results in the long term. Politicians today know all to well that an angry voter is not a thinking voter, and that it's easier for them to give the voters a target for their anger rather than actually talk about why it would be better put them in power.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
While freezing Ukrainian aid they buy Russian oil h'mmm

As Biden seeks to limit U.S. oil production, reliance on Russian imports rises

U.S. imports of crude oil and petroleum products from Russia reached 22.9 million barrels in March, the highest level since August 2010.
Yeah, I don't get this. Sure the oil industry is one big confusing jumble of corporate and political interests, but the US makes more oil than they use. WTF ? Same goes for Canada, We produce enough oil on our own to run the whole country and still have enough left over to export, our problem s getting Alberta oil to domestic markets east of Manitoba. What's in the way ? Politicians.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Nope. I know that kerogen (shale oil) is good for one thing and light crude great for multiple things and heavy even better if the facility can handle it as feedstock.
Alberta has the upgrading capacity to produce 1.5 million bbls/day of synthetic crude, virtually identical to light crude in that it can be refined in a conventional refinery. Most of that is now used as a diluent to ship bitumen to the US, but with adequate domestic distribution could supply over half of Canada's domestic needs.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Yeah, I don't get this. Sure the oil industry is one big confusing jumble of corporate and political interests, but the US makes more oil than they use. WTF ? Same goes for Canada, We produce enough oil on our own to run the whole country and still have enough left over to export, our problem s getting Alberta oil to domestic markets east of Manitoba. What's in the way ? Politicians.
Suncor is shipping their Oil all the way to Montreal from Ft. Mac, see Line 9 reversal, the shame is no other refineries are

Refining and Marketing | Suncor

https://www.suncor.com/en-CA/about-us/refining
Suncor operates refineries in Alberta, Ontario and Quebec, Canada, and in Colorado, USA. Edmonton, Alta.: 142,000-barrel-per-day refinery runs entirely on oil sands-based feedstocks and produces a high yield of light oils

Reactions: taxslave

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Alberta has the upgrading capacity to produce 1.5 million bbls/day of synthetic crude, virtually identical to light crude in that it can be refined in a conventional refinery. Most of that is now used as a diluent to ship bitumen to the US, but with adequate domestic distribution could supply over half of Canada's domestic needs.
Good luck with the distribution system. The terminally clueless would rather freeze in the dark than have a pipeline deliver Canadian products to Canadians.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Gee that's odd eh? Refineries only able to take specific feedstock? Who knew? What are they taking out and selling off at the upgraders?

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Gee that's odd eh? Refineries only able to take specific feedstock? Who knew? What are they taking out and selling off at the upgraders?
Upgraders produce synthetic crude, any refinery can use that stuff. CNRL, Suncor Base Plant and the old Syncrude site at Mildred Lake all have on-site upgraders, as does Shell's Scotford refinery in Fort Saskatchewan. Bitumin needs a high conversion refinery and Canada only has one at present, which is devoted exclusively to making diesel fuel.

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Gee, never knew that even though it's tech first used in Regina. Does CO-OP upgrade bitumen in Regina?

What do they remove from the heavy oil to make synthetic? What is done with whatever is removed? Why do some US refineries only refine heavy oil feedstock? And why are you still confusing bitumen with heavy oil?

Last edited:

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Gee, never knew that even though it's tech first used in Regina. Does CO-OP upgrade bitumen in Regina?
Not to my knowledge, heavy oil only there.
What do they remove from the heavy oil to make synthetic? What is done with whatever is removed? Why do some US refineries only refine heavy oil feedstock? And why are you still confusing bitumen with heavy oil?
I'm not talking about heavy oil at all, I'm talking about bitumen. Most of what is removed from bitumen when it is upgraded is sulphur, there are monster stacks of it at all the sites I have worked at where upgrading is performed. Some heavy metals too I believe. Typically the big difference between heavy crude and bitumen is viscosity. Processed bitumen has the consistency of peanut butter and cannot be transported by pipeline without first being diluted. Common diluents for bitumen leaving Alberta are synthetic crude and natural gas condensates. But why am I telling you this, you already know everything, right ?

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I thought we were talking all crude and the byproducts that can only come from specific grades from specific locations and refined at specific facilities. Why do you keep babbling about bitumen?