Biden Tax Plan Targets Fossil Fuel Subsidies Worth $35 Billion

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
If people think they are safe from carbon tax...
Look at what I got on my last heating bill

• The federal carbon charge has increased
effective April 1, 2021. Visit
uniongas.com/carboncharge for more
information
In three years the carbon charge has
more than doubled
We need to get rid of that guy and soon!

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

President Joe Biden’s plan to eliminate subsidies claimed by oil and gas companies and raise levies on corporate polluters would increase government receipts by $35 billion over the coming decade.

The benefits of these subsidies are currently concentrated “within a handful of large firms,” the Treasury said in the Made In America Tax Plan released Wednesday. The report expands on tax proposals in Biden’s $2.25 trillion economic package unveiled last week.

Oil is still going to flow, this won't stop people from driving.. just make it more expensive for the Middle Class to get to work..

It will however raise home heating costs, cost to transport goods such as food from Texas, Florida and California to a local store near you.. and I'm sure the grocery stores are not going to be benevolent and not raise their prices..

I guess Flossy is happy seeing people struggle for food

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Oil is still going to flow, this won't stop people from driving.. just make it more expensive for the Middle Class to get to work..

It will however raise home heating costs, cost to transport goods such as food from Texas, Florida and California to a local store near you.. and I'm sure the grocery stores are not going to be benevolent and not raise their prices..

I guess Flossy is happy seeing people struggle for food
His mom keeps the fridge full .

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

President Joe Biden’s plan to eliminate subsidies claimed by oil and gas companies and raise levies on corporate polluters would increase government receipts by $35 billion over the coming decade.

The benefits of these subsidies are currently concentrated “within a handful of large firms,” the Treasury said in the Made In America Tax Plan released Wednesday. The report expands on tax proposals in Biden’s $2.25 trillion economic package unveiled last week.

Now if only fossil fuels had subsidies to cancel. Unlike electric cars that get huge government subsidies from purchase right through to scrap yard.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Now if only fossil fuels had subsidies to cancel. Unlike electric cars that get huge government subsidies from purchase right through to scrap yard.
Remember when people would by electric golf carts using government subsidies mean for regular electric cars?

Buffy

Nominee Member
Jan 3, 2017
U.S.A.
Dear Mentalone, Will you please explain why you equate the depletion allowance used by the nasty oil and gas producers with the subsidies provided to the unprofitable brown energy-producing solar and wind sector?

Reactions: Twin_Moose

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Dear Mentalone, Will you please explain why you equate the depletion allowance used by the nasty oil and gas producers with the subsidies provided to the unprofitable brown energy-producing solar and wind sector?

Reactions: Twin_Moose

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Guys, there's like five people left in the oil industry and they're all on this forum so just relax, ok?