Biden aides find second batch of classified documents at new location

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
But the FBI had already been at Trump's home and could have taken the stuff then but decided not to.
If he's negotiating with them - they could never have known if they got them all. He could have turned them all over at any time and said 'here, that's all of them. Blaming the FBI for not doing what Trump should have done just doesn't fly. Sorry - but thats' entirely on trump.
They could have taken everything at that time

So then why didn't he just give it to them? Or turn it back over to the white house? Or the like? I mean, he HAD turned over a large hunk of the documents already. He CHOSE to hang on to these ones. How is it the FBI's fault that he chose to keep files he knew he had to turn in?

No, he was playing games and the fbi called him on it and raided his place. If he was serious about turning the doc's in he'd have done so earlier when he turned in the 700 other files. The FBI can't be blamed for this one, he had a chance to turn in everything and he didn't, and the fbi would have had no way to know they got everything if the turned in "Some" before the raid.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
So you are saying what Trump did as POTUS with authority is worse than what Biden did as Vice POTUS without authority
No what biden and trump did are the same - trump also did other things. That's what i'm saying and that should have been pretty obvious.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
OH SHIT - THEY WERE IN HIS GARAGE!!!! AAAAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAA!!!!

Welp, there's trump off the hook :)

Frankly they're both guilty and both should face punishment - classified docs can't just be left laying around (even if it IS locked with your corvette). But in the real world it just means both will get away with it.
Car-a-Lago.

Reactions: The_Foxer

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
No what biden and trump did are the same - trump also did other things. That's what i'm saying and that should have been pretty obvious.
Not at all , once Biden left office he became a normal citizen with no status or security clearance . Trump will always be a president with secret service protection on both his person and residence , so any documents in his possession were protected by his security detail . On top of which the president is the ultimate authority on classified documents .

Reactions: Twin_Moose

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Not at all , once Biden left office he became a normal citizen with no status or security clearance . Trump will always be a president with secret service protection on both his person and residence , so any documents in his possession were protected by his security detail . On top of which the president is the ultimate authority on classified documents .
That's not how the US law works. If it was then there would have been no legal basis for the raid which was in the end done with a valid warrant. An ex-president is not a president. Also the law does not indicate that you can remove and keep documents "provided you keep them, like, really safe". It doesn't matter if they were locked in Trumps home with guards or locked in biden's garage under the watchful eye of his corvette. (?!?!?).

If what you were saying was even a little bit true then trump would have already launched a lawsuit against the FBI for illegal search and seizure as well as to get the documents back. He hasn't. Does he strike you as the type to be timid to file suits if there's grounds?

And at least biden could have the excuse that he remained in political office even if he wasn't vicepresident anymore :) But - his clearance wouldn't have been the same and he was supposed to return those documents and he didn't.

At the end of the day both committed the same "crime" - they were in possession of classified documents outside of what the law allows and attempts by the pro biden side to claim otherwise (but but but it was with his corvette!) and the efforts of the pro trump side to do the same (but but but he had security!) is silly.

Frankly - as i've noted previously i'm not sure it IS an actionable crime. Both parties have clearly committed it and yet there's no charges. I suspect most presidents have done this a bit and they're worried if that truth comes out after they press any charges it will lead to a huge mess.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Then he should have declassified the documents he intended to hold on to before leaving office. Unless he was trying to use them as leverage, which I'm not sure how or why he think that would have worked and for what.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Then he should have declassified the documents he intended to hold on to before leaving office. Unless he was trying to use them as leverage, which I'm not sure how or why he think that would have worked and for what.
Apparently a lot of the documents were of Obama gate that was declassified but the DOJ never released them as ordered

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
That's not how the US law works. If it was then there would have been no legal basis for the raid which was in the end done with a valid warrant. An ex-president is not a president. Also the law does not indicate that you can remove and keep documents "provided you keep them, like, really safe". It doesn't matter if they were locked in Trumps home with guards or locked in biden's garage under the watchful eye of his corvette. (?!?!?).

If what you were saying was even a little bit true then trump would have already launched a lawsuit against the FBI for illegal search and seizure as well as to get the documents back. He hasn't. Does he strike you as the type to be timid to file suits if there's grounds?

And at least biden could have the excuse that he remained in political office even if he wasn't vicepresident anymore :) But - his clearance wouldn't have been the same and he was supposed to return those documents and he didn't.

At the end of the day both committed the same "crime" - they were in possession of classified documents outside of what the law allows and attempts by the pro biden side to claim otherwise (but but but it was with his corvette!) and the efforts of the pro trump side to do the same (but but but he had security!) is silly.

Frankly - as i've noted previously i'm not sure it IS an actionable crime. Both parties have clearly committed it and yet there's no charges. I suspect most presidents have done this a bit and they're worried if that truth comes out after they press any charges it will lead to a huge mess.
Biden was out of office after leaving the Obama administration until he became President . Biden was never supposed to have those documents .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Maybe he did declassify those documents . Do you expect a partisan press to admit this ?

feduptaxpayer

Time Out
Dec 7, 2022
Well that's certainly what one might infer from the fact they haven't charged him despite the 'big raid' happening ages ago, or with anything else over the last 4 years. How much fbi time and money got spent on "russian collusion" that turned out not to exist?

The democrats have shown us all many times that they are nothing more than a bunch of liars and tax thieves. Anything that the democrats tried to do to try and get Trump on some charge all have failed miserably. The democrats do not worry about borrowing more money to try and get Trump even if they have to go borrow billions of dollars and go deeper in debt to do so.

feduptaxpayer

Time Out
Dec 7, 2022
I had heard that at one point he had denied having the docs, but you can only trust the media so far of course.

However - negotiation or not he didn't turn them over when asked and that's a problem. You don't "negotiate" stopping committing a crime and then expect not to be charged. If you steal something and the cop says 'give it back', if you don't then you're still committing the crime, period.

But at the end of the day it's still a seperate issue. What biden did in keeping the records is no different than what trump did. If they want to try to make a case for a second crime but that doesn't make the first crime any different. At best it might make a difference in sentencing but he's still committed the same 'Crime".

Well - i mean we keep calling it a crime because the dems did while it was trump, but I do notice that neither has actually been charged.

It is very rare that we will get to see some crooked politician ends up going to jail. It's like it is a tit for tat thing. We will ignore what your guy did, and you will ignore what our guy did. Trudeau will never see one second in jail for what he has done to Canada for the past two years.

How does a PM get away with all of the things that he has done? The Marxist has committed many ethic violations, supposedly committed some crimes against Canada and Canadians, and of course the good old days of blackface. If a conservative PM did all of those same things, the fake Canadian media would be all over that conservative PM to resign. That conservative leader would not even have made it past the starting post.

What Trudeau did was racist, but to the fake liberal media in Canada, it was all just for fun. The media would no doubt say, come on Canada, where is your sense of humor? It's funny when Trudeau does it.

Reactions: The_Foxer

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Today, it's being reported that classified papers have been found at Mike Pence's home also. Wonder if they were in the saddlebags of his Harley?
IF they were, thats a pretty low classification. I believe it's Harley classified, then all the way up to corvette classfied and eventually Maserati classified which would be like nuclear secrets.

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario