Biden Addresses Racism Against Asians

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Call it a condemnation.

The kind that Trump repeatedly failed to do.

President Biden speaks against racism against Asian Americans in Lunar New Year message​

U.S. President Joe Biden and First Lady Jill Biden posted a Twitter video on Saturday offering wishes for a happy Lunar New Year. Biden spoke against racism targeted at Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders in his message and Jill Biden highlighted the roles of Asian American and Pacific Islander frontline workers amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Reactions: HarperCons

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Who the hell is pissed about Polynesian and Samoans wielding crooked economic powers, influence, military build up not seen since the last century, spreading disease, slave labour, human exploitation and espionage?

Mahalo

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
So do Japanese , can you tell the difference between the two ?

I was taught at school that Chinese eyes slant upwards and Japanese eyes slant downwards and that some Japanese people have double eyelids.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Most people's eyes look at stuff...DNA makes 'em like that.
;)
But then again...then there are the TDS types that imagine they only see what they are programmed and/or paid to see.

Reactions: taxslave

AureaOlivas

Time Out
Feb 15, 2021
It is a good thing that President Biden has a say on this and not just keeping quiet until it dies down. Better than the previous administration too. However, I did not really expect how this thread will turn out to be. A comparison between Asians. To be honest, it can be difficult to identify one's race by just looking at the eyes. The best thing to do is not to mind other people's business as well as their race. After all, it has nothing to do with you. It won't hurt if you will just ignore it.

NZDoug

Council Member
Jul 18, 2017
Big Bay, Awhitu, New Zealand
Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.
🤡

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.
🤡
Yeah, they put that off-limits cuz of "terrorism."

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
It is a good thing that President Biden has a say on this and not just keeping quiet until it dies down. Better than the previous administration too. However, I did not really expect how this thread will turn out to be. A comparison between Asians. To be honest, it can be difficult to identify one's race by just looking at the eyes. The best thing to do is not to mind other people's business as well as their race. After all, it has nothing to do with you. It won't hurt if you will just ignore it.
The official Canadian Government position is Multiculturalism . Pride in ones roots , so to speak .